تسجيل الدخول

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : How to improve your English

Good night
16-04-2006, 12:59 AM
[align=left]READ IT
Read as many English books, newspapers and magazines as you can find.
LISTEN TO IT
Try some of the radio stations
TALK IT
Talk to friends who are also learning English. Make a rule that perhaps for an hour, or when you go out together, you will only speak English to each other!
English is an easy language to start learning because:
it has no genders. Apart from people, all objects are 'neuter', not 'masculine' or 'feminine'. So you say 'it' for such things, and do not need to learn any genders.
it usually has easy verb endings. Apart from a few 'irregular' verbs, verb endings are easy, and hardly change.
adjectives remain the same for all words - there are no different endings to learn.
the singular and plural pronoun 'you' is the same. There is no need to decide whether to use a polite form, or an intimate form, when speaking to someone
The difficult parts of English are:
the spelling of a word may not show what the pronunciation (way of saying) the word is.
This is because English words came from many different sources. It is not a 'pure' language.
because English came from two main sources - old French, and old Anglo-Saxon, there is a very large vocabulary of words. Words with similar meanings may have come from both sources.
native English speakers use a lot of idioms, that is - words used in a way which is not their obvious meaning. An English speaker may say,
"I do not think much of apples."
This does not mean he doesn't often think about apples. It means that he does not like apples very much!
But don't worry. You will find that you can understand and communicate even when you have not been learning English for long!
__________________[/center]

enigma
16-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Good night

Very helpful topic

thank you dear and wish that you keep it up

We do miss your useful posts

Good night
16-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Good night
Very helpful topic
thank you dear and wish that you keep it up
We do miss your useful posts
thanx enigma
ur passing makes me so happy
I`ll continue with u in this club ...by Allah`s willing

زهرة وفى
16-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Good night

good evening darling

thanks my sis for your topic

May Allah blesss you

miss beauty
16-04-2006, 06:56 PM
Thanks sister 4 ur nice topic !!!

i love u ,,,, i mean this is what i was looking 4 !!!

thanks so much

we will be so happy if u continued with us here !!!

Good night
18-04-2006, 03:43 AM
Zahrat wafa
thanxs my dear for ur nice repaying
May Allah bless u tooooooo

Good night
18-04-2006, 03:55 AM
Miss beauty
I appreciate ur written words
I `ll be proud when I `ll be with my best friends
here.I`ll try hardly to write useful topics in this club
I promise u