المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Arms and the man

walledtaha
13-03-2012, 12:24 AM
At what point in the Act do Raina's feelings towards the soldier change? Why do they change? why do they change?
Her feeling towards the soldier changed when he decided to open the door and is going to try to come out of the room after he had insulted and mocked Raina's fiancée but Raina's feeling moved and she ordered him to stay and not leave to save his life.
RAINA said: (rushing to him). Stop! (She catches him by the shoulder, and turns him quite round.) They'll kill you.
Also her feelings towards the soldier changed when he refused to shake her hands because his hands were not clean enough. She was touched by his gentle behavior.
RAINA: He is away at Slivnitza fighting for his country. I answer for your safety. There is my hand in pledge of it. Will that reassure you? (She offers him her hand.)
MAN (looking dubiously at his own hand). Better not touch my hand, dear young lady. I must have a wash first.
RAINA (touched). That is very nice of you. I see that you are a gentleman.
MAN (puzzled). Eh?
RAINA: You must not think I am surprised. Bulgarians of really good standing--people in OUR position--wash their hands nearly every day. But I appreciate your delicacy. You may take my hand. (She offers it again.)

BloumagrieT
13-03-2012, 02:07 AM
OMG
I love this play so much
& I love Bernard Shaw. He's eone of my favourite authors
Thanks for sharing this with us

pajero333000
08-04-2012, 06:16 PM
thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

salem1987
20-04-2012, 02:58 PM
thanxxxxxxxxx