ونموذج اسئلة اختبار نهائية

وقطع متنوعه من المنهج مع اسئلتها

ولكم خالص شكري وتقديري:girl face (105):

Alsqour.w
05-05-2013, 06:59 PM
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

هنا القطع

Someone has to do it

Parents often complain that they always have to tell their teenage children to do their chores. Parents think their kids are irresponsible. On the other and, teens feel their parents are always nagging and complaining. A major problem is that parents think that teens need to do the chores on their schedule, while the teens think, “Why do I have to do it now, when I can do it later?”
This usually leads to unnecessary conflict between teens and their parents.
The general questions parents usually ask about chores are the following: Should teens have them? Should teens and parents agree on a list of chores together? Should teens have freedom to decide when to do them? One mother says, “My daughter and I make a list of chores each week. That way
she can organize her time for schoolwork, housework, and free time, too.” Another parent only gives his son pocket money after he has done all his chores around the house. He says, “No chores, no money. It makes teens responsible for earning their money, rather than just simply giving them
an allowance.” Some teenagers complain, “My friends don’t have to do chores, so why should I?” Normally parents expect their teenage sons and daughters to help around the house. But parents and teens have to agree on the kind of chores and when the teens have to do them. One mom’s son wants to do his chores after he goes out with his friends, but then he’s usually too tired.
Another mother only lets her daughter see her friends after she finishes all the housework. But housework never ends! So what’s the solution? Teens and parents have to reach a compromise. There has to be common sense on both sides, don’t you think?

1. What parents think about teens’ chores ?
2. What teens think about their chores?

================================================== =========

The best place to shop and be

an age where you can buy almost anything on the Internet, thousands of people all over the world still prefer to do their shopping in traditional places. In general, shoppers look for bargains, and the best prices are usually found in street markets. Many markets around the world have a similar lively atmosphere and sell nearly you can imagine from jewelry and clothes, fresh produce, spices, and fish, to carpets, electronics, and livestock.
Riyadh is a shopper’s dream, and boasts some of the world’s most beautiful
modern shopping malls, with designer boutiques and brand names. But if
you’re looking for real bargains, you’ll head for some of the traditional souqs in town. Haraj* is a secondhand market just east of the city. Impress your friends and dress in Chanel and Armani for a fraction of the price, or get that new kitchen appliance you’ve been dreaming of. Many of the so-called “used” items aren’t used at all—just don’t tell anyone where you bought it.
Al-Bat’ha District is home to many traditional markets. Whether you are
looking for electronics and watches, jewelry, perfume, furniture, car accessories, bicycles, or food—they sell it all at often ridiculous prices. For more traditional goods, antiques, and souvenirs check out Al-Thumairi near the Al-Masmak Fort. This is particularly popular with tourists. And nearby is the Al-Deira market where everything is worth its weight in gold, literally. Looking for a camel? They come in all shapes, colors, and sizes at Souq Al-Jamal. Visitors go to the local souqs for more than just shopping. You can see
and meet an amazing mixture of people from around the world. Many
feel that the cultural experience is the main attraction of these markets

1. What is similar about street markets around the world?
2. Does Haraj only sell used items?
3. Which 3 words or phrases in the text mean the cost is inexpensive?
4. What is the most interesting attraction of traditional markets?

================================================== =====================

Still standing

The Romans built arenas, theaters, bridges, aqueducts, and roads more than two thousand years ago. Some of these constructions are still in use today. Why did they last so long? What was the secret of Roman architecture? Here is the answer: One of the Romans’ greatest inventions was the rounded arch, called the Roman arch, and another was cement, a mixture of lime, clay, and water. One of the early uses of the Roman arch was for the construction of aqueducts, which carried water to cities. Usually, an aqueduct had several levels of arches. The Romans often placed the larger and wider arches in the bottom row for support, and the smaller and narrower arches were on the top level. Also, on the top, they placed a lead U-shaped pipe along which the water
flowed, thanks to the pull of gravity. One of the best-preserved Roman aqueducts is at Pont du Gard in France. It was built in 19 b.c.e. The Coliseum remains one of the most impressive monuments to the building genius of the ancient Romans. This huge arena was built around 72 c.e. and had three levels of arches on its exterior. The total height of the construction was approximately 147 feet (48 meters), and the arena was 259 feet (79 meters) long and 157 feet (45 meters) wide. The theater could hold about 50,000 people. A cloth awning could be spread over the top of the building to protect spectators from the sun. Also, the Coliseum could be “air-conditioned” by the use of a perfumed spray of water. The Romans left more monuments spread across Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa than any other culture. Can you imagine a modern construction lasting longer than 2,000 years?

1. What two inventions did the Romans bring to architecture?
2. Where is the best-preserved Roman aqueduct?
3. How tall was the Coliseum? How big was the arena?
4. What facilities did the Coliseum have for spectators?
5. Where can you find ancient Roman monuments?

================================================== ========

Dear Farah

Dear Farah,
I need you to do me a big favor. There’s been an emergency, and I have to go to the hospital. Your grandmother fell down the stairs, and I’m afraid she may have a broken hip. Your brother is going to drive me there as soon as he gets home. I don’t know how long I’ll be there, so I really need your help tonight. I didn’t have time to finish preparing the meal, so please make dinner for the family. The chicken is ready—it’s in the fridge. Just cook it with some rice. Will you also make a salad? Your father will be home at about 7 o’clock. He’s going to be late because he has a meeting after work. Could you also wash Hameed’s football uniform? His team has a big game tomorrow. He can’t
do it because he is taking me to the hospital. I did the rest of the laundry this morning, but I didn’t have time to iron your father’s clothes for omorrow. Please do that for me. Thanks, dear.
Don’t worry. Hameed will call you later to let you know about grandmother’s condition. Love, Mom
P.S. Tell Mona and Imad to help you wash up after dinner. And please make sure that they do all their homework. Don’t let them watch TV until they’ve finished! Ask your father to help Imad with his math if you don’t have time.

1. What is the emergency?
2. What is Hameed going to do?
3. What does the mother want Farah to do?
4. Why can't Hameed wash his uniform?
5. What should Farah's younger brother and sister do?

================================================== =======

Age means nothing

Six-year-old Marta Garcia was sitting with her little three-yearold brother in the backseat of the family car as her dad prepared to get in the car and take the wheel. Suddenly a stranger appeared and pushed Marta’s father out of the way. He wanted to steal the car. The father fought back, but the thief
overpowered him and got in the car. Marta’s father was holding on to the car door and screaming when the man started to drive down the road. He said later, “My children were in there. I wasn’t going to let go.” Finally he lost his grip on the car and fell onto the road. The car disappeared, and the father sat crying on the side of the road. But Marta wasn’t going to let the thief get away with that. She started hitting the carjacker with her fists and pulling his hair. Finally he got tired of it, stopped the car, and ordered the two children out. Marta took her brother from his car seat and helped him get out of the car. Some minutes later, when Marta’s father looked up, he couldn’t believe his eyes. His two kids were coming toward him. Marta was
holding her brother’s hand. Marta said, “I wasn’t scared. I wanted us to be safe. I was hitting the bad man. I just wanted Daddy.” The local police officer said, “Marta is a brave little girl.”

Complete the sentences.
1. Marta was sitting in the backseat when __________________________________________________ .
2. Marta’s father fought with the thief, but __________________________________________________ .
3. Marta hit the thief and pulled his hair until ________________________________________________.
4. Marta’s dad was sitting on the side of the road when ________________________________________.

==================================

Ships Of The Desert

“It’s the one of the most uncomfortable experiences I’ve ever had. But it
was incredibly fun! I’ll never forget it!” That’s what many people say after
they have ridden a camel for the first time. Camels, also known as “ships
of the desert,” have been a favorite means of transport for millennia due
to their ability to withstand the hot, dry climate of the desert. Riding a camel is not the same as riding a horse. First, the rider must sit and balance himself about two meters above the ground on the camel’s hump. Second, a camel walks differently than a horse. It moves the two right legs together, and then the two left legs. This can make the rider swing from side to side.
Riding a camel for the first time? Here are some helpful tips:
1. Wear sunscreen, long sleeves, and a hat for protection from the hot sun.
2. Wear long pants and socks to protect your legs from getting itchy.
3. Always go riding with an experienced cameleer who knows the animal.
Camels are emotional and will respond better if a familiar person is nearby.
4. Get on when the camel is in a sitting position. Put one foot on a small
stool and then throw your other leg over the camel’s hump in one motion.
5. When the camel stands up, hold on tight and grip your knees around
the camel’s sides. As the camel leans forward, lean back in the opposite
direction to keep from falling.
6. Sit and hold the reins confidently. Camels are intelligent and can sense
if you are nervous.
7. Relax in the saddle and bend your knees at a 90° angle. This will help
you balance as the camel swings you from side to side.
8. After the ride, wait for the camel to sit down. Hold on. Lean back and
then forward, just as you did when the camel stood up.

1. Why are camels called "ships of the desert"?
2. How is riding a camel different from riding a horse?
3. What are two characteristics of camels?
4. Which tip do you think is the most important and why?

وايضا موجوده في المرفقات
بالاضافه الى نموذج من الاختبار النهائي

اجمل التحايا

both
05-05-2013, 09:37 PM
قد تخونني الكلمات في التعبير عن شكري

لك مني الف الف الف شكر