المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : مساعده بحل تمرين ضرررررروري

أمل الحياه5
06-05-2013, 11:37 PM
السلام عليكم
يا ريت اتساعدوني بحل هالتمرين

The following text is a transcript of an authentic impromptu speech in English delivered at a conference by a woman who had established a charitable foundation to help rescue Vietnamese street children. Read the text at least three times and then answer the following questions:

Question one:

Circle the correct answer:

1-An impromptu speech is

a- a speech, that is made or done with too much planning and preparation..

b- an improvised speech that is produced or done without care or planning.

c-a speech that is prepared in advance to appeal for more empathic attitude on the part of the audience.

2-The tenor of the text is

a- formal

b- informal

c-very formal

3-This text is

a-a critique

b-an autobiography

b- a monologue

4-The last sentence " I don't really have anything else to say" indicates

a- a pre-closing sequence b-a repair sequence c-a closing sequence

5- The word Okay in paragraph 2 is

a-an additive conjunction used to link a portion of the text to a proceeding one.

b-a resumptive conjunction used to signal the speaker's desire to return to a previous topic.

c-an emphatic conjunction signaling that the information being added is particularly important.

Question Two

Read the text again and give two examples (for each category) that illustrate the following:

1-The three types of reference

2-substitution

3-ellipsis

4-temporal conjunction

5-emphatic conjunction

6-causal conjunction

7-additive conjunction

8-reiteration

9-collocation

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

1- I'd like to apologize for the films. They weren't very informative, but that wasn't my fault. It's because the Vietnamese government chopped out what I really wanted to show you. Anyway, there's one thing I'd like to correct and that is I'm down as the "Bridge Foundation". I am in fact the Rigade Foundation. I say I called it Rig /because I was hoping to encourage the oil people to give a little bit back to the countries that they take the oil form.

2- Okay. Most of you know I think that I myself was a street child and indeed I lived between the streets and institutions for about six years. {Can you hear me ?} And so I know a little bit about street life and how the child feels.

3- When I went into Vietnam I went in on the pretext of doing business. It was the only way I could get in at that time/ and started working the same night with the street children. Since going into Vietnam I've built a medical and social centre which caters for the homeless, the poor, the street kids, the youth of the street, abandoned babies and indeed anybody who cannot afford to go to a hospital . It's open twenty-four hours a day and there are twenty- nine staff split up into three shifts with a doctor on call twenty-four hours a day. Nobody is refused entry into the hospital. I select who comes in and who doesn't and I do that for a reason. Because there are many people in Vietnam who have got plenty of money but I would still use our facilities. And I've worked too hard for those. We also go out to the ethnic minorities and supply them with lactose-free milk and vitamins but I know that's not the answer to their problem. The answer to their problem I think is to bring an expert in to test the water, the soil, and perhaps help them to use tools and agriculture and to set up some sort of education system for their children because there isn't any.

4- We also try to encourage the Vietnamese people overseas to adopt the children and Vietnamese people internally who are reasonably OK to foster the children and this also applies to the street children because I think a second –or-third-rate mother is better than a bloody institution. So that's really what I do. I work in camps and I work in homes for displaced people.

5- Okay. To go back to the street children and education, when I was a street child I wanted to be educated. Very much so. But the problem was living on the streets I had no clothes, I didn't have a uniform, I had no pencils, no paper. And when I went into a school one day they turned me away because I looked dirty. When I eventually cleared the scabs and washed my hair and I went into a market and I asked a lady to give me some clothes, and she did, I went back to school again. I wanted to learn, I wanted to study like a normal child, and it was my basic right. This was in Ireland in the West, and I was refused entry. {Can you hear me? They can hear. }

6- I lived with the same things that children live with in any country. The fear of being raped, abused, violated. Starvation, loneliness, isolation. The longing to belong, the need to belong. And the thing about living on the streets is when-if we're lucky enough to grow and becomes adults, and I mean lucky , you know that pain doesn't disappear overnight.

7- Inside there is a child- a child who has never been allowed to grow and develop, a child who doesn't know what it's like to be human. They don't understand. When you're kind, they think you want to have sex, or you want to hurt them. Because the adult becomes your enemy, because that is our experience. The adult hurts and the adult doesn't give a damn.

8- I do believe that every child has the same needs, and the right to a basic education, the right to shelter, and the right to food and the right to basic health care, And every child needs a friend. So, when you talk, and you talk about statistics, and methodology, and you talk with fine words, and I know these things are necessary, all of them, behind all of that there's a child, a child that you have to reach. Because you know sometimes the social workers, the probation officers, the psychiatrists, the psychologists, the governments, local and national, they don't really have a clue. They don't have a clue . And sometimes they don't care.

9- The tourists are coming to town. Because the street child is not human. But the street child is human. The street child has got feelings and needs. And they're great entrepreneurs. They're great survivors. They're just victims. Victims of the world. Victims of the society. Victims of poverty. They haven't created it, and let 's not forget that. The child has not created his circumstances. It has been created for him.

10- I don't really have anything else to say. Thank you.

منى كنعان
10-05-2013, 01:28 AM
السلام عليكم
لو سمحت اذا عرفت الحل ممكن تساعدني ضروري