المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Good Friend ,,, A Touching Short Story By Jake Allsop

ACME
30-05-2013, 01:16 AM
http://www.saudienglish.net/upload/image24774.html
Clearly there was nobody at home: those newspapers sticking out of the letterbox are a sure sign that the owners are away.
‘Come on! Let’s break in!’
‘I don’t think we should. It’s not like stealing apples.’
‘Are you afraid? Chicken!’
‘Who’s chicken? I’ll show you.’
Being taller than ginger, Deggy was able to reach up and open the window. The boys climbed in and looked around. Then they heard the screech of breaks as a car pulled up outside the house. They ran as fast as they could. Ginger got away, but Deggy tripped and fell. The policeman grabbed Deggy by the collar and took him to the police station. They questioned him for house and house. They wanted to know the other boy’s name, but he didn’t tell them.
Meanwhile, Ginger sat at home, terrified. He expected at any moment to hear policemen knocking on his door. But he needn’t have worried. His friend Deggy said nothing. He was sent to prison for a year. When he got out, he knew that his parents did not want him, so he decided to go and see his old friend, Ginger. Ginger had not visited him in prison. Perhaps his parents had told him not to.
Deggy did not recognize the women who opened the door.
‘Oh, they don’t live here any more. I think they moved to Birmingham, but I am not sure. Sorry.’

The platform was crowed. It was the rush hour, and a crowd of business men and women were waiting for the train to take them back to their comfortable homes in the suburbs. Among the waiting passengers was a tall man in an expensive overcoat. He had the fat face of man who lives well and eats only the best food. He was standing under the notice that said ‘Beware of pickpockets’. A slim red-haired man was moving quickly through the crowd. He worked his way over to tall well- fed man, bumped into him and then slipped away quickly. Unfortunately for him, a railway policeman had seen the whole thing. He grabbed the slim man by the collar, and dragged him to where the tall man was standing.
‘Excuse me, sir,’ the policeman said, ‘but would you be good enough to check your pockets.’
‘Good heavens! My wallet! I can’t find my wallet.’
The pickpocket took the wallet out and handed it over to the policeman.
‘Is this your wallet, sir?’
‘Yes, it is! Look. Those are my initials.’
He looked down at the thief, his eyes filled with disgust. At that moment, despite the fact that he had not seen him in twenty – five years, he had been the one he had been with when they had broken into a house and the police had come and . . . . .
Ginger kept his eyes fixed on the ground. He had no interest in staring into the face of the man had just tried to rob.
‘Do you want to press charges against this man, sir?’ the policeman asked. There was a moment’s silence.
‘Of course, officer,’ Deggy said. ‘We must teach these thieves a lesson.’
The pickpocket shrugged his shoulders. He didn’t even hate the businessman. That’s the way world is, he thought to himself as the policeman took him away. Meanwhile, Deggy, the successful businessman, had boarded his train; satisfied that he had done his duty as a good citizen.
:smile (101):

بحر الأماان
30-05-2013, 07:58 AM
interesting one
but at the end of the story I felt sorry for Ginger .....
and hated Deggy ... he mustn't revenge at this way ....

Thank you my teacher

ACME
30-05-2013, 11:35 AM
interesting one
but at the end of the story I felt sorry for Ginger .....
and hated Deggy ... he mustn't revenge at this way ....

Thank you my teacher

I completely agree with you
After all these years , he should have forgotten and forgiven
But not all people act that way . Some people have
hearts of stone . They are always vengeful

Thank you so much for your addition
My Reagrds