المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : English teachers

Miss. On line
27-06-2006, 04:00 AM
hi everybody....
I'm here today 2 discuss a very important issue that is really bothering me..and I'm sure that it bothers many English teachers..
It's of course the students's motivation...they don't want 2 study and
i don't really know why???
If u r facing the same problem..please let's try 2 find solutions..

Thanks in advance

حمامة
30-06-2006, 11:46 PM
أختي العزيزة من ناحية إن البنات مايبن يدرسن الإنقلش فوالله إن أغلب المدارس فيها من هذي النوعية ...

فيه هذا الرابط لأخونا فاتح القدس قد تجدي ضالتك فيه ..

http://www.saudienglish.net/vb/showthread.php?t=11098

والله ييسر لك ولنا ..

Miss. On line
01-07-2006, 02:30 AM
Thank you very much..my sister..

URS
01-07-2006, 07:02 AM
[[align=left]hi,
First of all I would like to thank you for discussing this important matter.
I think teachers have to be friendly with their students. Once students like the teacher, it is the first step towards motivation and learning English. In addition, teachers should use the internet or ask the students to do some interesting activities in the Net. As you know, the books they are studying are boring which affect their motivation as well as some teachers who strict and only follow the dull book. Teachers' understanding of their students, in order to create a learning environment in which students' needs are addressed, teachers must really understand their students’ interests, beliefs, and concerns: in short, their motivations. Further, the recent trends in language teaching have reflected the necessity for the learner’s involvement in language classes by adopting interactive techniques as well as the concept of autonomy, which has also been promoted by the general trend in language education towards learner-centeredness.
These are a number of suggestions, I would like to write more but I am really tired now, if you are interesting we can discuss further issues later.
thanks[/center]]

Miss. On line
02-07-2006, 01:53 AM
Thank u very much ..URS
All what u have written is really great and I really beleive in all of that...but the problem is that even if u do all of these and more ...the students don't want 2 make any efforts....and I don't really know why.....
Take this as an example...I always notice that the students answer the grammar questions with few mistakes...'may be because they depend on their understanding during the period....
thanks again URS 4 discussing the matter with me

URS
02-07-2006, 10:08 AM
[align=left]Hi,
Thanks too. I agree with you by their grammar mistakes, when I was teaching at the college, you won't believe the silly mistakes they were doing. Some students, as I was friendly with them, told me that they gave some teachers money to success. I think also it is boring to teach them grammar; they need spoken English as well. Interactive and collaborative learning from the beginning of learning English should be used. Further, a number of teachers are not eager to teach effectively. English teacher should be free to teach what he thinks his students need, not only using those boring books which make both teachers and students hate this class. There are more issues need to be discussed.
As I am writing up my dissertation which, hopefully, will be finished soon. My discussion with you is not that much. Please accept my apology for that but I will complete this issue with you because I got bored too of our students in the English class.
Thanks again and good luck.[/center]

Miss. On line
02-07-2006, 10:43 PM
first of all I'd like 2 thank uURS 4 replying and 4 discussing thr matter with me..and I hope other teachers participate...
but URS I think that u don't get my point of view concerning grammar...I meant that the misrakes which the students commit in the grammar questions are fewer than the mistakes which they commit when they answer the dialogue or the compostion..

URS
04-07-2006, 11:23 PM
[align=left]Hi,
U r right that I didn't get ur meaning. Anyway I have explained what I faced, don't make me shy loool. I think it is natural to answer grammar correctly to some extent more than dialogue or composition because teachers consider grammar the main topic to be taught and they forgot other skills. Students need to be motivated to be active learners such as collaborative learning and using the Net. I believe in creating a joyful environment to enhance the students to participate in the learning process. Also, I think asking the student to be in front of his peers to talk in English as a short presentation even if it is wrong or reading from a paper, is important in the learning process. The aim of that is to make them feel confident in using the target language.
Sorry for misunderstood and good luck.[/center]

Miss. On line
05-07-2006, 02:27 AM
Thank u URS..
and Good luck in your dissertation