مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Growing Up Is Optional

enigma
09-07-2006, 05:39 PM
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give

God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage

If God brings you to it - He will bring you through it
=========================

If you like the above words, read the below story

The first day of school our professor introduced himself and challenged us to get to know someone we didn't already know. I stood up to look around when a gentle hand touched my shoulder. I turned around to find a wrinkled,little old lady beaming up at me with a smile that lit up her entire being

She said,"Hi handsome.My name is Rose.I'm eighty seven years old.Can I give you a hug?" 0

I laughed and enthusiastically responded, " Of Course you may!" and she gave me a gaint squeeze. "Why are you in college at such a young,innocent age?" I asked

She jokingly replied, "I'm here to meet a rich husband,get married, have a couple of kids......" "No seriously," I asked.I was curious what may have motivated her to be taking on this challenge at her age."I always dreamed of having a college education and now I'm getting one!" she told me

After class we walked to the student union building and shared a chocolate milkshake.We become instant friends.Everyday for the next three months we would leave class together and talk nonstop.I was always mesmerized listening to this "time machine" as she shared her wisdom and experience with me

Over the course of the year,Rose became a campus icon and she easily made friends wherever she went.She loved to dress up and she reveled in the attention bestowed upon her from the other students.She was living it up

At the end of the semester we invited Rose to speak at our football banquet

I'll never forget what she taught us.She was introduced and stepped up to the podium.As she began to deliver her prepared speech,she dropped her three by five cards on the floor.Frustrated and a little embarrassed she leaned into the microphone and simply said," I'm sorry I'm so jittery.I'll never get my speech back in order so let me just tell you what I know." 0

As we laughed she cleared her throat and began, "We do not stop playing because we are old;we grow old because we stop playing.There are only four secrets to staying young,being happy,and achieving success

You have to laugh and find humor everyday.You've got to have a dream.When you lose your dreams,you die.We have so many people walking around who are dead and don't even know it! There is a huge difference between growing older and growing up.If you are ninteen years old and lie in bed for one full year and don't do one productive thing,you'll turn twenty years old.If I am eighty seven years old and stay in bed for a year and never do anything I will turn eighty-eight

Anybody can grow older.That doesn't take any talent or ability.The idea is to grow up by always finding the oppertunity in change

Have no rgrets.The elderly usually don't have regrets for what we did,but rather for things we did not do.The only people who fear death are those with regrets." 0

She concluded her speech by courageously singing "The Rose." She challenged each of us to study the lyrics and live them out in our daily lives

At the year's end Rose finished the college degree she had begun all those years ago.One week after graduation Rose died peacefully in her sleep

Over two thousand college students attended her funeral in tribute to the wonderful woman who taught by example that it's never too late to be all you can possibly be

These words have been passed along in living memory of ROSE

When I read this story it reminded me of a special friend that I cherish her friendship up to this very day and moment, a similar example of ROSE.A lady who gave and still giving me her wisdom and love of life.A living example of persistence

May Allah grant her a long healthy life

DR AHLAIN
09-07-2006, 07:08 PM
What a wonderful story

It encourages people to do what they want to do

It pushs those who have deams to see them in real

I remeber Omar Bin AL-Khatab say:Learn from birth to death

Thank you very much for choosing this story

dimon
09-07-2006, 08:25 PM
you know friend i usually don't like to read long wether its a story easy anything . But when i started reading iwent on fully consentrating on it . I didn't even noticed that somen wasknocking on the door and others calling me .

To tell you it's a great story its really not enough . It Came on the right time for me .
I am sure we all know الشباب شباب القلب
i used to hear it alot without knowing what it really means .But when i grew up i knew what it really means

enigma
10-07-2006, 03:47 AM
Dr.Ahlain

Thanks to you brother for being here and sharing your opinion

Dimon

I'm really sorry for the length of the story ,but very relieved that it appealed to you

I loved the story because, as I said earlier, it reminded me of a similar lady in my first year in university who later became a close friend of mine

حمامة
11-07-2006, 12:23 PM
enigma, really its wonderfull story
I learn more from this real story

ام بسمه
11-07-2006, 05:15 PM
Thanx alot . It was a v.interesting story I really enjoyed it, and learned alot from it

enigma
11-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Hamama

Om Basma

Thank you both for your appreciation and presence

Nice to have you around

فهيد
25-08-2006, 12:51 PM
wonderful story

You've got to have a dream.When you lose your dreams,you die.

...?would you please explain the above ststements for me

roca
28-08-2006, 08:29 PM
we all grow old this is the way life goes. But do we grow up?
i"ve seen a friend i haven't seen in 17 years, and believe it or not, she still laugh at the same jokes
she treats her children the same way she used to treat her friends
she still like the same kind of food, the same kind of clothes
though she is diabetic and weighs over 70 kilos.
im not critisizing her im just wondering how people stay the same over the years!
thank you enigma

heblulu
30-08-2006, 02:05 AM
When you lose your dreams,you die.

What a beautiful words you bick up to read. Thanks alot for that EXCELLENT story.

Meant To be
30-08-2006, 10:31 AM
What a magnificent story
It kinda story that teaches you lessons in your life
I really like every single word
Thank you so much for sharing it with us dear enigma