المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : First Impressions

ACME
07-03-2015, 07:12 PM
First Impressions
We have all heard the expression, ‘you can’t judge a book by its cover.’ However, it
seems that that is exactly what most people do. The human brain seems to be wired in
such a way that we make very strong, lasting judgments about the people we meet
within the first 30 seconds. And it is true, you may be able learn a lot about a person
by their first impression. But can you really learn all you need to know?
Maybe there is something affecting your first impression. Possibly the person is
nervous or upset. Maybe you are in a bad mood or not feeling well. All of these
factors and more could influence a first impression, so should people place so much
weight on it?
Many people feel that a first impression is extremely important. Once those people
form an idea of you, it is often difficult for them to get beyond it. If someone feels
that you are something you really aren't because of your first impression, then that is
obviously not a good thing.
Yet many people really do still rely deeply on first impressions. One good example is
the job interview. We dress nicely for job interviews for a very good reason: to make
a good first impression. In addition to our outward appearance, many people tend to
put on something of an act. By being extremely polite and showing interest, we feel
that we will make a good first impression and have a better chance getting the job.
Is this the way things should be? Probably not. Will this situation ever change? The
answer to that question is the same—probably not. It is just human nature to rely on a
first impression. Everyone knows that they do it, and most people know that it’s not
the right thing to do.
So, what can we do about it? While first impressions are something that we all form,
we are all aware that they are probably not very accurate. When a first impression is
wrong, it can take quite a long time and a lot of effort to change the way we think
about someone. Quite often, changing your impression of someone, especially a
negative one, will require a lot of time spent with the person in question. You may
need to start from scratch. This will give you time to really get to know them, as well
as giving them time to prove that they are not who you thought they were.
Also, remember that the opposite can be true. Someone may have an unrealistically
high first impression on you. As you get to know the person, try not to disappoint
them, but be sure to eventually show them who you really are.
First impressions are very lasting and usually stick for a while. But remember, it is
possible to change the way someone thinks about you and the way you think about
someone else. Take time to really get to know others, and you may realize that first
impressions are not nearly as important as most people think.
~~~~~~~~
~~~~
~

بحر الأماان
07-03-2015, 08:48 PM
The first impressions are either bad or good about the person that we meet for the first time, there are some people who don't change their first impression about you whatever you do and this is injustice. on contrary, some of them don't judge on you
from the first glance.
What if you met me and I'm sad or tired or I'm in difficult circumstances
and What if I'd laugh or break the rules or hit anyone ..
here in those situations please do not judge on me, You don't know me,
Perhaps I have an excuse
I've enjoyed reading it
Thank you my teacher

ACME
07-03-2015, 09:01 PM
The first impressions are either bad or good about the person that we meet for the first time, there are some people who don't change their first impression about you whatever you do
I completely agree with that
and this is injustice. on contrary, some of them don't judge on you
from the first glance.
What if you met me and I'm sad or tired or I'm in difficult circumstances
and What if I'd laugh or break the rules or hit anyone ..
here in those situations please do not judge on me, You don't know me,
Perhaps I have an excuse

That what we should all do.
I've enjoyed reading it
Thank you my teacher

I enjoyed reading your response
Thanks a bundle