المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : The Power of Napping

ACME
09-03-2015, 11:57 PM
http://www.saudienglish.net/upload/image36803.html
Many people feel a mid-afternoon slump in mood and alertness. Many people believe that this slump is caused by eating a heavy lunch, or by getting a poor night’s sleep the night before. In fact, this slump occurs naturally because humans were meant to have a mid-afternoon nap.

Thomas Edison, Winston Churchill, Albert Einstein, and Bill Clinton are all famous fans of napping—and with good reason. Various evidence, including the universal tendency of toddlers and the elderly to nap in the afternoon, and the afternoon nap of siesta cultures, have led many scientists to the same conclusion: nature tells us to take a nap in the middle of the day. Short periods of sleep have been shown to improve alertness, memory and motor skills, decision-making, and mood—all while cutting down on stress, carelessness, and even heart disease.

Our biological urge to sleep in the middle of the afternoon coincides with a slight drop in body temperature. This drop occurs whether we have lunch or not. A midday nap is a part of the daily routine of many cultures, especially those near the equator. This all seems to suggests that napping may have been part of an ancient biological signal to get us out of the hot midday sun.

Whatever the reason, if you have an opportunity for an afternoon nap, take one. Studies show that 20 minutes of sleep in the afternoon provides more rest than getting 20 minutes more sleep in the morning. A 20-minute power nap provides the energy for a fresh burst of new ideas and energy. Naps seem to eliminate the need for more caffeine during the workday, and this lowers stress.

The do’s and don’ts of napping The early afternoon seems to be the best time to nap—approximately eight hours after you have woken up in the morning. Twenty to thirty minutes is all you need to get the full rewards of a midday nap. There is no proof that sleeping longer than this is any better; in fact, the opposite may be true.

In the dark, our brains produce more of the sleep-inducing hormone melatonin, so close the blinds, turn off the lights, and consider using a sleeping mask. Keep the temperature on the warmer side. Don’t forget to turn off your cell phone. And avoid caffeine for a few hours before a nap. Give it a try for yourself, and see if you aren’t amazed at the results

//////////

Yawning
^_*

!

بحر الأماان
10-03-2015, 09:19 AM
subhan allah , our prophet peace be upon him before them advise us
about this napping

20 minutes
for me I doubt I can do that, ^^
but it's worth trying just for sake of our health
Thank you my teacher for this useful information