المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Motivation in the classroom setting

Try To Reach
02-11-2006, 11:51 AM
http://home.no.net/anyas/anyaflower297.gif

Motivation in the classroom setting

[align=left]
Motivated students: Are the students who participate actively and effectively in the classroom if the students enjoy studying the subject and the content where relevant and interesting, they will be likely to come again and again with a great incentive (motive). According to Pedagogy, students should have
a powerful Motivation in order to make the learning process much easier

For example, student who studies because his parents told him to do so cannot be compared with a student who has reason from his own decision. Therefore, the first one has fewer motives and can deals carelessly with the subject consequently he will be flunk. While, the second one will do his best to achieve as good as he can[/center]

http://www.flashfp.net/uploader/modules/up-pic/pic/uploads/42e6a44dc8.gif

http://home.no.net/anyas/anyaflower297.gif

الغزاله
24-01-2007, 03:24 PM
عطاء مميز يستحق الثناء

دمت بخير
الغزاله

Try To Reach
24-01-2007, 09:50 PM
مشكورة يالغزالة ,,
تخجلني كلماتك ,, بقدر ما يفرحني حضورك ... http://www.mahjoob.com/ar/forums/images/smilies/cgiving.gif

mashehri
28-01-2007, 09:14 PM
keep on Mashallah 3leek

Abo Lama
28-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Try to reach

thanx alot dear brother,

in addition to what you have said, i would like to add a proposed definition of motivation
by Williams and Burden (1997:120) in which gives a comprehensive summary of the elements of the motivation that most theorists mention in their definitions
. According to them motivation is:
• a state of cognitive and emotional arousal,
• which leads to a conscious decision to act, and
• which gives rise to a period of substantial intellectual and /or physical effort
• in order to attain a previously set goal”(ibid).

(my quote, 2005)

thanx again for giving us the chance to participate in such useful topic

Try To Reach
02-02-2007, 01:31 AM
thanx Abo lama
your add is important to me keep up the goods

teachersultan
11-02-2007, 03:42 AM
of course ,your topic is very important topic these days espicially in learning english . I want just to say motivation"of learning" must come from the inner of humman desire or he will not learn

Try To Reach
14-02-2007, 12:30 AM
thats it

you are the man ,, look some times we liked to elaborate on this thing as if they don't believe you ,,

your add is the most important

H E A V E N 4 U

Reena
18-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Try to Reach

بارك الله فيك طرح متميز و راااااائع

و الشكر موصول لاستاذنا ابو لمى حفظه الله لما أضاف من معلومات قيمة

و الاخ الاستاذ سلطان بما ذكر ان الطالب لا بد ان تكون لديه الرغبة لتعلم اللغة و الا لن يتعلم

و الآن هو دور المعلم بعد الأسرة لزرع هذه الرغبة

ميس
18-03-2007, 07:45 PM
A wonderful addition
Thanks alot
Best wishes
http://www.asmilies.com/smiliespic/FAWASEL/ff131.gif (http://www.asmilies.com)

muns
19-03-2007, 04:27 AM
Hi brothers and sisters

No doubt that motivation plays a key role if language learning is to be successful. May I therefore write few useful techniques that can be adoated to raise your student'; motivations, as an addition to your valuable argument? It was written long time ago and touches only upon extrinsic motivation but hopefully can be of help

From my experience of teaching English as a second language, I believe that we, as ESL teachers are able to convey our messages and make an effective teaching if we attempt to eliminate those barriers in order to raise our students’ extrinsic motivation. The English language teacher’s role is a very important element in raising his or her students’ extrinsic motivation. Firstly, teachers should make the materials sensible to their students. That is to say, raising the fact that English is very important and students will definitely need to use it when they start their new career after graduation. Secondly, the teacher should remind his or her students that there would be grades given depending on their performance in the exams throughout their study duration. In this way, students will do their best in order to make their grades as high as possible. Thirdly, the teacher’s response to his or her students’ achievement in the classroom activities or assignment should be positive. In other words, teachers should give lots of praise for their students as a positive reaction of their participation in the classroom. By doing this, teachers will be able to stimulate their students’ motivation to learn. On the contrary, giving negative comments on a student’s performance may negatively affect the students’ motivation to learn (Geoffrey, Petty 1993:35-38). Fourthly, the teacher should encourage group work in the classroom so that weaker students will be encouraged to take part in the classroom activities without the fear of failure. Moreover, the teacher’s positive personality in the classroom can raise their students’ external motivation to learn. He or she can overcome the obstacles caused by the social factor of the student-teacher relationship, which was introduced earlier in this article, by adapting some useful techniques. For example, the teacher should learn his or her students’ names and use them frequently in the classroom. Another way is to know the students’ interests and to give them a few minutes to talk about their personal experiences in specific situations. All these techniques can help the teacher become aware of his/her students’ learning styles and to exploit them in the teaching methods used in the classroom .

Try To Reach
21-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Reena

مرحباً بك يا اختي ,,

وسعيد انا بحضورك وبارك الله فيكِ انتي ايضاً وفي ابو لمى الرائع وكل من زار هذا الموضوع ,,

Try To Reach
21-03-2007, 11:09 PM
ميس ,,
you are welcome sister
happy to see you hre too

thanx a lot

Try To Reach
21-03-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm proud to see a good participation to this thread
from UK

dear / Muns

Let me first welcome you to here and draw your attention to the fact that i always like to learn from anyone no matter who is he ,,while from a quick glance at your followings i can see how you are declinable and well aware about this kind of lingu if Not the whole language as well my friend
. so i'm happy to see you here

actually, i have no more to say about what you've done so far as i totally agree with you and i like to qoute some of your Golden Guide lines to make use of it here in KSA
for people who want to :

Firstly, teachers should make the materials sensible to their students. That is to say, raising the fact that English is very important and students will definitely need to use it when they start their new career after graduation.

Secondly, the teacher should remind his or her students that there would be grades given depending on their performance in the exams throughout their study duration. In this way, students will do their best in order to make their grades as high as possible.

Thirdly, the teacher’s response to his or her students’ achievement in the classroom activities or assignment should be positive. In other words, teachers should give lots of praise for their students as a positive reaction of their participation in the classroom. By doing this, teachers will be able to stimulate their students’ motivation to learn. On the contrary, giving negative comments on a student’s performance may negatively affect the students’ motivation to learn (Geoffrey, Petty 1993:35-38).
this can touch deeply the learning process here in Saudi Arabia and i do thank you for mentioning this

Fourthly, the teacher should encourage group work in the classroom so that weaker
students will be encouraged to take part in the classroom activities without the fear of failure

at the End dear Muns , i don't think i can repay for you this Golden participation we need
be always near brother you are the man

muns
21-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Dearest Try To Reach

My pleasure wallah that people like you respond to what I write. I pray to Allah, Almighty, to guide us all to do good deeds.

regards

by the way I really like the way in which you've done the 'guidelines'.I haven't thought of it before cuz they look tidier and easy to follow. Well done!

Try To Reach
22-03-2007, 12:22 AM
you see I stole your participation by that

No No No

I'm not pirate but i will think to be when you are not here

looooooooooool

it is all yours my friend

just kidding

keep the good works up and up

you are the man

themothman
26-03-2007, 12:39 AM
اخوي try to reach مشاركتك جيده جدا واتمنى لك التوفيق والنجاح ولكن الموضوع اللي كتبته فيه بعض بعض الأخطاء البسيطه على سبيل المثال can deals المفروض انك حذفت حرف s .
عموما منكم نستفيد............. احلى الاماني

Try To Reach
26-03-2007, 02:48 AM
ولا يهمك يا غالي ,,
نحذفها لك ,,

ومنور يا قمر ,,

themothman
26-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Hi my dear I really am embarrassed
To tell you the truth I did not mean anything just to give it a shot
I gotta bad habit and you have my word that I am gonna quit it up
thank you my dear you are really a tolerant man