المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : عاجل لمعلمي اللغة الأنجليزية

المشاغب
11-03-2005, 12:54 AM
السلم عليكم
أرجو من الجميع الأدلاء بإرائهم بعد القراءة
Saudi government spends millions of dollars to teach English at its schools. It seeks to
enable our students to achieve English skills (listening ,speaking , reading and writing ). Unfortunately ,many people ,teachers and educators complain that most of our students can not get its skills after the six years of study.
Surely there are many factors that lead to this problem such as teachers , curriculums and students.
- As teachers of English we have a big responsibility to give and express our ideas
and suggestions that lead to improve outputs of teaching English in the Kingdom.

-Here I want to express and clear an idea which can (as I think) improve our students level of English. My idea is related to the system of books and curriculums.
As we know there are four forty-five- minutes classes a week in intermediate and secondary schools. I think that it is not enough time to allow all the class to speak, read and write. Many teachers have confusion because they can not ask all the class to speak and read or read and writing in a forty-five- class. So I am sure that many students do not speak or read in the class during the whole course. Even those who speak can not speak in a correct way. From this perspective , my suggestion come as a point of view to solve this problem.

*My suggestion:-
We can choose one topic every week to teach. From this topic we can make four classes as following :-

The first class: we can teach them new words and a passage of reading where the new words must be included. ( all the class have to read the passage ).we can ask them some questions about the passage where they can speak and read. The passage must be fitted our students levels.

The second class : we can teach them new grammatical rules. The previous
Passage should contain these new grammatical rules. We can use some sentences from the passage as examples. Grammatical rules have to be fitted our students levels.

The third class : every students have to speak in the class about the weekly
Topic. The time of speaking depends on the level of students where we can not ask those who are in the first intermediate school to speak 2 minutes without a paper of notes.

The fourth class : we can explain that how thy can write short sentences, long sentences , paragraphs and essays. we explain that depending on the level of our students where we can not ask beginners to write a paragraph instead of that we can ask them to write short sentences such as :

- I am Ali .
- I am 23 years old .
-my favorite sport is football.
. favorite color is red my-

-Then they have to write what they have spoken in the last lesson. They have to write in the class and teachers check their work and guide them or students can
check their works as cooperative works.

* conclusion:-

-The main aim of this suggestion is that I want to try to organize the system of
our courses and curriculums . also, all students will take their chances to practice
the four skills. In addition to that , all students will be enforced to listen, speak, read and write in the class.

[Example]

* we can choose the following topic to teach our students of the first intermediate school:-

-Topic : Expressing ourselves

-The first class:
A) they can study the following words:
( old favorite color red sport football subject )
- we can use many techniques to teach these words.

B) they can study the following passage :-

He is Ali. He is 13 years old. His favorite
colors are red and white. His favorite sport
is football. His favorite subject is English.

There are many techniques that we can use to teach the previous passage. -
We can ask some questions about the passage to allow them speaking.-

- The second class:
we can ask them some questions about the passage.-
we can teach them some grammatical rules which were included in the previous -
passage as the following :-

He is I am

His My

- we add s for plural
we use the helping verb ( are ) with plural and( is )with singular.-
we can give them exercises to make these points clear.-
we will show that how they can modify the passage to express themselves.-
- we will ask them to be ready to expressing their selves in the next class depending on the passage.

- The third class :
we can bring a cassette about the passage. The must be a native speaker)-
- all the class have to speak about themselves.
because they are beginners , they can use a piece of paper which contain some notes :o

-The fourth class :
-we explain that how can they write short sentences( we can not ask them to write long sentences because they are beginners ).

- they have to write short sentences expressing their selves as the following :

- I am ...1
2- I am13 years old.
3-My favorite color is ( are ) ...
4- My favorite sport is ...
5- My favorite subject is...

they have to write these sentences correctly .spelling and grammatical mistakes-
should be avoided.
- students can work together to check their mistakes.

* so in this week they study one topic. By this topic we made4 classes which the 4 skills were included .
* next week we can teach a new topic.
في النهاية تبقى وجهة نظر للكاتب ارجو من الجميع اعطاء ارائهم والف شكر للجميع

Prime Rose
11-03-2005, 02:07 AM
المشاغب !!!! كاتب موضوعين بنفس الأفكار؟؟ واحد انجلش وواحد بالعربي؟؟ وفي قسمين مختلفات؟؟

http://www.saudienglish.net/vb/showthread.php?t=1571

معلم الأجيال
11-03-2005, 12:30 PM
مشاء الله عليك يا prime Rose
متابعه جداً للمواضيع ...هههه
على العموم أخوي ما نقدر نرد
أحد حتى لو كاتب الموضوع 10مرات
ويعطيك العافيه....

المشاغب
11-03-2005, 03:25 PM
شكرا أهم شى عندي أرائكم

Aisha
11-03-2005, 09:22 PM
((Beautiful mind ))
Short words but fits you.

Prime Rose
11-03-2005, 09:34 PM
شكلي طلعت أنا الغلطانة!!!!!

أنا لم أعترض على الموضوع..وحين قرأته أول مرة أعجبني كثيراً ورددت عليه..لكن ما استغربته وجود نسخة منه بالإنجلش فقط لاغير.....