المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : The Last Goodbye

Meant To be
10-01-2007, 10:41 PM
As we stand here, about to part,
I think of the memories in my heart.
We've been together for so long
Through ups and downs, friendship still remains strong.
You think of the laughter and the tears
Our triumphs and tragedies, our hopes and fears.
Time has changed us many ways through
And yet in the end, we're still me and you.
Now it has all come down to this
A time to leave everything we will miss.
We stand on the edge of time gone by
And we simply have to wonder why
Do people have to leave behind
Those whom they cherish with heart and mind.
Why must we go to a place far away
Leave all behind, and not simply stay?
The passing of time has brought us together
And taught us to survive any kind of weather.
We have seen sunshine and pouring rain
But friendship survived through joy and pain.
And now we look back on all those years
On all the memories the heart endears.
And as we say our last goodbye
Please don't be sad and don't you cry.
Perhaps we'll see each other again
Somehow, sometime, somewhere, my friend.
Our paths shall cross on the road of life somewhere
And wherever that is, I'll meet you there.
And though we're saying our last goodbye
Know in your heart we'll pass each other by.
And remember goodbye is not forever
It only lasts until we're back together.

By Anonimous

J.J
10-01-2007, 11:32 PM
We stand on the edge of time gone by
And we simply have to wonder why
Do people have to leave behind
Those whom they cherish with heart and mind.
Why must we go to a place far away
Leave all behind, and not simply stay

For God sake ...why do you all swear to make me cry?
I recievd on my mail a mournfull poem ... and here is another one by you brother..
I cried when I've read the first one .. and I cried more when I read yours..
They affected me sooooo much cause I have to say goodbye to those whom I love soo much soon..
I hate this word and I don't know how I would be able to say good bye to them..
I try not to think that I won't be able to see them anymore..to talk to them .. or even to see their smiles any longer..but I can't... it's really a destroying feeling..
Thank you brother ...thank you sooooo much for sharing with us such wonderfull poem ...
Yeh it made me cry..but still ..it shows me that there is hope inspite of every thing...
May Allah bless you Meant to be and grant you happiness forever..
Please forgive my long reply..it's just that I couldn't stop my self from writing those words..
Thanks again ...

Meant To be
11-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Oh, J.J, I think I'm not the only one who cries when reading such farewell poems, yeah, I read your poem yesterday, and it did hurt me so bad, and this one I have it with other poems about goodbye really made me so

I know it's so hard to say it to the ones you love, but sometimes I rather hear it than not

When you do your best and all what you can to let'em know you really care, and you're always there for them whenever they need you, coz they're an important part of your life which you can't live without, though in a blink of an eye, just like that they leave you all alone without saying it, yeah they let you down, so the only thing left is the painful memories even if you try to remember the laughter, the smiles or the happiest moments with'em, still your wounds affect you from thinking about that, but suffering

I really didn't mean to make you cry or anyone else, but as you said, inspite of everything, there is a glimpse of hope, even I feel it's a big one,

Dear sister, no need for apology, as it makes me feel much better when I read a long reply from you all, therefore I write my reply and it's longer than yours :marsa150: , do I have to say forgive me? NO, and you don't have to say it neither.

Sister, may God grant you patience, and the happiness ever wherever you go, Amen

I thank you a lot for your reply

Aseel
11-01-2007, 06:45 PM
I believe , we all hate goodbyes

for they are so painful , for they bring tears to our eyes

for they tell us that we may not see each other again

The poem you brought just reminded me of the graduation party that took place in the college when we had

to say goodbye to each other and to our teachers

Our teachers brought us a big cake with our names on it

We did laugh and enjoy the party but we couldn't stop the tears in our eyes

Here we are now , we rarely see or talk to each other but we do keep the most beautiful memories

May Allah bless them wherever they are

And may Allah bless this dear brother who keeps bringing us the best stuff ever

God, be always with him and guide him to the right bath for he deserves nothing but the best

Meant To be
11-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Aseel,

Oh, as I always wait your replies both you & J.J, really you're right in everthing you said

I read your words, they made me wonder & think a million time of the next coming weeks, coz inshallah I will graduate in two weeks from now, I'm not afraid at all, as I always ask Allah to grant my friends the loyalty He gave me and to be together forever, no matter what the circumstances are,,,

I also remembered Dave Brenner's saying which is " Friends are the most important part of your life. Treasure the tears, treasure the laughter, but most importantly, treasure the memories." Very true,

Dear sister you don't know how much happy I am after reading your words, you really made my day, Also J.J's words

May Almighty Allah bless you, grant you happiness, and always gather you with the ones you love, Amen

I thank you too sister for your words

enigma
16-01-2007, 01:25 PM
My memories ( the sweet ones only ) are what I can carry with me all the time

Meant To Be

Although it's the nature of life to leave and be aparted from the ones we love but I really wish you all the
happiness in your lifetime

Meant To be
18-01-2007, 08:10 PM
My memories ( the sweet ones only ) are what I can carry with me all the time

Meant To Be

Although it's the nature of life to leave and be aparted from the ones we love but I really wish you all the
happiness in your lifetime

I really felt so happy for such memories you carry, I hope they last forever

As you mentioned, it's a nature of life, but I'm trying my every single power I have to forget, and I wish that soon I can get over them

Dear sister, you don't know how much happy I am when I read your words, and how much they make me pray for you

May God grant you all the happiness ever, Amen

un infinity thank for being always around

cage
19-01-2007, 01:22 AM
IT WAS SO touchable .... it reminds me of someone who was so important to me...
keep going... and GOD BLESS U ALL

T.Sultan
20-01-2007, 09:29 PM
If you ever ask me what the worst word in the dictionary is , I'll say it's : good bye . This word is one the definitions of "death" .

Thank you so much dear brother for the expressive poem.

Meant To be
25-01-2007, 04:47 AM
Cage,

Thanks sister for passing by

May God bless you too, Amen

-----------------------------------------

T.Sultan,

Sure it is

Thanks brother for stopping by