المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : a beautiful story

dodemargo
19-02-2007, 11:49 PM
This is a beautiful story,
An old American Muslim lived on a farm in the mountains of eastern Kentucky with his young grandson.

Each morning Grandpa was up early sitting at the kitchen table reading his Qur'an.
His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate him in every way he could.
One day the grandson asked, "Grandpa, I try to read the Qur'an just like you but I don't understand it, and what I do understand I forget as soon as I close the book.

What good does reading the Qur'an do?"
The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and replied, "Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a basket of water."

The boy did as he was told, but all the water leaked out before he got back to the house. The grandfather laughed and said, "You'll have to move a little faster next time," and sent him back to the river with the basket to try again. This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before he returned home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket, and he went to get a bucket instead.

The old man said, "I don't want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You're just not trying hard enough," and he went out the door to watch the boy try again.
At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got back to the house. The boy again dipped the basket into river and ran hard,

but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty. Out of breath, he said, "See Grandpa, it's useless!" "So you think it is useless?" The old man said, "Look at the basket." The boy looked at the basket and for

the first time realized that the basket was different. It had been transformed from a dirty old coal basket and was now clean, inside and out. "Son, that's what happens when you read the Qur'an. You might not understand or remember

sha3oola
20-02-2007, 02:36 AM
its o.k
full of wisdom
:36_11_21[1]: good luck

Meant To be
20-02-2007, 12:48 PM
graet story with a great moral

Thanks dear sister for sharing it with us

God bless ya

Aseel
20-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Doa'a

Welcome back, sweetheart >>>> I missed you sooooooooooooo much

There is obviously something differefnt with the club today

Coz dear dode is here

It's a beautiful story, indeed, with a great moral

Nothing can purify our souls like reciting the Holy Qura'an

Thanks alot darling for the great story

Love

Aseel

enigma
08-03-2007, 03:18 PM
A beautiful story indeed

Though it's repeated but has great meanings

Thanks dear

مخاوي الدمعه
08-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Nice Story
Thanks a lot.

حمامة
09-03-2007, 12:10 AM
dodemargo

Really' its a nice story

Thanx my sis

dodemargo
11-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Thank you All

http://www.saudienglish.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=10106&stc=1&d=1171115968

Thank you my sisters & brothers for passing by

God bless you All

Try To Reach
11-03-2007, 11:52 PM
looooooool

dodemargo

here ,, where i was all this time

i'm really really sorry sister for too late

a beautiful story in deed

and i will give it more than one time reading

thanx sweety

you are the woman