المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : How to live a happy and satisfied Life

ام بسمه
22-03-2007, 03:52 PM
http://www.saudienglish.net/vb/uploaded/7570_01174564241.jpg (http://www.saudienglish.net/vb)

This is an article that I've read
I liked it v. much. So, I thought to share it with you
To tell you the troth, I've done some changes with some ideas that don't match with our Islamic believes

I hope you'll like it, benefit from it and
enjoy reading it as much as I did

Ps: It might be a bit long, but believe me it's worth it

In each day that passes by, we stand by and witness how our lives are being lived without the full happiness and satisfaction we crave and need. Most people spend their time stressed out, worried and on a constant panic about what needs to be done for their futures, raising their children, wired up over work, school, along with everything else. Does this sound familiar? Well if it does, it is because so many people live with this style and pattern. When you can start living that fully happy and satisfied life?
The only way you can live a happy and satisfied life, is when you start doing things that make you happy and satisfied. Sure, it sounds easy, and can be easy if you just remember to make yourself one of your top priorities. Too many people neglect themselves, feeling that it would be selfish if they took any time out to focus on their own being. While it is good to take care of others and other important things going on in your life, it is mandatory that you never forget about yourself. Discover who you really are and what matters most to you. Living a great life does not just happen. It requires, planning and following those plans to a life that reflects who you truly are

Most people avoid planning goals and dreams in their lives because they may have a fear of committing to it or failing. They feel that by officially writing it down, they would actually have to go through with pursuing it. This is where you need to rate the importance of your life missions. What is most important to you? Is it losing a certain amount of weight? Getting your degree? Spending more time with your family or children? Whatever the reason or reasons may be, just write all of them down. You may feel that making a mental note of your goals and dreams is enough, but you could very well be setting yourself up for disappointment and failure. By writing it down, you will become a visual witness of those goals. Try writing them in an organizer, with a little reminder written in each day.
Setting deadlines for these goals would be a great way to assure they will be accomplished. Avoid disappointment by setting realistic deadlines. For example, if you wanted to lose 10 pounds, do not give yourself a week to do so. You will only torture yourself and become depressed when the week is over and see that you did not come even close to losing the 10 pounds. In fact, you may give up losing weight altogether because of the failure you experienced, simply because your deadline was unrealistic. Take some time everyday to look over your goals and remind yourself of how important they really are to you. Ask yourself why they are important to you too. Knowing that something is important is not enough. You must know the reasons behind the importance of the dreams and goals you have, so that your mind can see it more clearly and understand exactly why it is so necessary to go through with your missions.
Excuses are demons you must learn to fight off if you wish to start living a happy and satisfied life. Most people claim to have many dreams, but say they just do not have the time to approach them. Stop making excuses! You are the only one who holds the power to make a real difference in your life. Sure, we all have busy lives with our careers and families, but nothing takes up 24 hours of your day. So if something is truly important to you, you will be sure to make the time to work on it. You can do this by replacing it with something less important. For example, if you claim you do not have the time to work on the other important goals in your life, perhaps it is time for you to start making close observations on the way you spend your time. If you spend several hours of the day working, studying, and then several hours taking care of house chores and family, what else are you doing with the rest of your day? If you spend a good portion watching television, then you need to cut back on that and use that time to begin and follow an exercise plan you have been thinking to focus on for a long time (or whatever goal it is you have).
Making yourself one of your first priorities is not selfish. It actually is obligatory to do so in order to succeed in the other subjects of your life. Without a happy and satisfied you, there will be no happy and satisfied life, because you will be stressed out and unhappy. You might be consciously ignoring your needs and desires, but your subconscious mind has not forgotten about you and will constantly remind you through stress, anger, sadness, insecurity and feelings of failure.
Start listening to yourself and becoming the best friend and supporter you need. No one is going to work on your happiness for you, so find the power and motivation stored up inside you, and use it to direct yourself into the path of true happiness and satisfaction. You can do anything you set your mind to, and once you have stopped and gotten in touch with yourself, you will learn and realize just how wonderful and capable you really are, and how you always have been. You will not only realize these things, but also begin loving who are more and more, which will not only lead you to achieving the things that make you most happy, but will guide you into a world of many new dreams come true

Bounty Man
22-03-2007, 04:14 PM
I think the secret of happy &satisfied life

is achieving your goals

Thanaks alot Um Basmmaaa 4 sharing us with this wonderful article

ام بسمه
22-03-2007, 04:53 PM
I think the secret of happy &satisfied life

is achieving your goals

Thanaks alot Um Basmmaaa 4 sharing us this wonderful article

You are welcome
Thanks 4 passing by

حمامة
22-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Um Bassmah

I believe that the happiness is in the satisfaction of Allah upon his slave

And if the human achieves his goals in the life

Thanx alot my dear sister

Aseel
22-03-2007, 09:10 PM
We do complain and sometimes we say we don't have luck at all if one of our dreams didn't come true

We tend to forget that Allah has given us so many blessings

Just look around you with an open eye .. and you'll feel how luck you are

how luck you are to have your family, to be in a good health, to have such a kind heart

and so other things

Be satisfied with your life and remeber that there are so many people who envy you and wish to be in your place

Ya Allah forgive us when we whine

Thanks alot Om Basma for the great article you shared with us

ام بسمه
23-03-2007, 02:28 AM
Um Bassmah

I believe that the happiness is in the satisfaction of Allah upon his slave

And if the human achieves his goals in the life

Thanx alot my dear sister

Yes my dear. You are absolutely right
None can say any thing against this

ام بسمه
23-03-2007, 02:49 AM
We do complain and sometimes we say we don't have luck at all if one of our dreams didn't come true

We tend to forget that Allah has given us so many blessings

Just look around you with an open eye .. and you'll feel how luck you are

how luck you are to have your family, to be in a good health, to have such a kind heart

and so other things

Be satisfied with your life and remeber that there are so many people who envy you and wish to be in your place

Ya Allah forgive us when we whine

Thanks alot Om Basma for the great article you shared with us

My dear Aseel
Of course we are always thanking Allah for His blessings, but as we all know we are humans and we are all greedy and want more and more from life. It was said
"Work for your life as if you were to live forever. Work for the judgment day as if you were to die tomorrow"

The ideas that were mentioned don't have any thing against our religion. I made sure of that before putting them here.

Thanks my sis for your comments and for passing by .

Meant To be
25-03-2007, 02:09 AM
,With reference to what I figured out after reading this article

is that we can identify satisfaction with happiness, yet sometimes we feel happy with a lack of being satisfied though

: O.K let me give you a simple definition of happiness

.Happiness is what you feel when what you want to happen happens

SO, every moment of our lives we keep on wanting something or the other, if we could make a list of all the things we want in our lives since childhood to death, all the paper in the world perhaps would not be enough for this purpose. Only a small percentage of all our wishes is fulfilled in spite of all our endeavours.

The percentage of wishes, which remain unfulfilled, keeps on growing with time. As a result, as we grow older, we become more and more unhappy. After all, life becomes full of miseries. We keep stumbling from one failure to another.

Dear sister your article really is worth reading, as my words here only to show the other side of being unhappy, therefore if we wanna seek happiness to a degree of satisfaction, we ought to read this article over and over again and comply with it

Thanks a million sister for such advantageous article

God bless ya

ام بسمه
25-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Meant To be

Thank you for sharing your theory of happiness with us
I like your way of thinking
Thanks again

T.Sultan
26-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Dear sister ,

I'd really like to thank you for all your indomitable efforts in the forum ... Your topics are unique and have goals ... Please , accept my sincere admiration ... Thank you so so much my sister.. Please, keep up the great work...

ام بسمه
28-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Dear sister ,

I'd really like to thank you for all your indomitable efforts in the forum ... Your topics are unique and have goals ... Please , accept my sincere admiration ... Thank you so so much my sister.. Please, keep up the great work...

Thank you T.Sultan for your kind words . I'm greatfull...and very honered to read your nice words

Wiill Vandom
01-04-2007, 10:59 PM
very nice topic Thanks sister for sharing such anice topic
..Ithink that it is easy to feel happy for people that know that god is watching them
and they look for his satisfaction in all their actions
on the other hand pople who think that happiness can be found away from god
are living in fake happiness and unreal satisfaction

ام بسمه
19-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Yes my dear sister. you are absolutely right
Thank you for passing by

voice
19-04-2007, 11:01 AM
May AllaH reward u
I save it to my pc
thanks alots