المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : analysis 3 poems

طالبه شاقيه
01-05-2007, 11:11 PM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله
الله يعافيكم انا بطلبكم طلب واتمنى انكم تحاولون تجيبون لي لو اي شي بسيط منه اكووون مشكوره وادعيله بالدنيا والاخره بالتوفيق ..
طلبي هو انه ابي تحليل لقصيديتين لنفس الكاتبه اللي هي
Sylvia Plath

وابي parphrase `figur of speech
واي شي تعليق على هالقصيدتين اي شي والله يفيد

Mirror

I am silver and exact. I have no preconceptions.
Whatever I see, I swallow immediately.
Just as it is, unmisted by love or dislike
I am not cruel, only truthful –
The eye of a little god, four-cornered.
Most of the time I meditate on the opposite wall.
It is pink, with speckles. I have looked at it so long
I think it is a part of my heart. But it flickers.
Faces and darkness separate us over and over.

Now I am a lake. A woman bends over me.
Searching my reaches for what she really is.
Then she turns to those liars, the candles or the moon.
I see her back, and reflect it faithfully
She rewards me with tears and an agitation of hands.
I am important to her. She comes and goes.
Each morning it is her face that replaces the darkness.
In me she has drowned a young girl, and in me an old woman
Rises toward her day after day, like a terrible fish

Spinster

Now this particular girl
During a ceremonious april walk
With her latest suitor
Found herself, of a sudden, intolerably struck
By the bird's irregular babel
And the leaves' litter.

By this tumult afflicted, she
Observed her lover's gestures unbalance the air,
His gait stray uneven
Through a rank wilderness of fern and flower;
She judged petals in disarray,
The whole season, sloven.

How she longed for winter then!-
Scrupulously austere in its order
Of white and black
Ice and rock; each sentiment within border,
And heart's frosty discipline
Exact as a snowflake.

But here - a burgeoning
Unruly enough to pitch her five queenly wits
Into vulgar motley-
A treason not to be borne; let idiots
Reel giddy in bedlam spring;
She withdrew neatly.

And round her house she set
Such a barricade of barb and check
Against mutinous weather
As no mere insurgent man could hope to break
With curse, fist, threat
Or love, either.

وفيه اخيره وخزياه والله اني مستحيه كثررت
اللي هي
mother to son
by Langston Hughes
Well, son, I'll tell you:
Life for me ain't been no crystal stair.
It's had tacks in it,
And splinters,
And boards torn up,
And places with no carpet on the floor—
Bare.
But all the time
I'se been a-climbin' on,
And reachin' landin's,
And turnin' corners,
And sometimes goin' in the dark
Where there ain't been no light.
So, boy, don't you turn back.
Don't you set down on the steps.
'Cause you finds it's kinder hard.
Don't you fall now—
For I'se still goin', honey,
I'se still climbin',
And life for me ain't been no crystal stair.

justice sword
02-05-2007, 01:41 AM
Hi there

I hope this site will help U for the first part
http://www.eliteskills.com/c/12623

good luck

justice sword
02-05-2007, 01:52 AM
This also about MIRROR

In the first line of the poem, the mirror says it is “silver and exact.” This can be interpreted many ways. Obviously it is describing what it looks like, but it is saying more than that. The color silver is reflective, and a mirror of course reflects what it sees. Exact, in this case could mean square, but it could also mean a lot more than that. A mirror shows you exactly what it sees; an image is reflected in the silver exactly as it appears. The mirror does not care if what it reflects is good or bad, as it says it has no preconceptions. Its job is to show you what you are. Mirrors are just a reflection of what we are on the outside, not what we are on the inside. The second line in the first stanza states that the mirror “swallows” whatever it sees. Does this mean the mirror commits the images to memory perhaps for later reference? If that were so then the poem would be contradictory because this shows some preconception. Perhaps the mirror means that it takes the person who is standing in front of it and swallows what is inside, to leave nothing but what is on the outside for that person to see. This would be a true reflection, because the person cannot see what is on the inside of them through a mirror. The next line in the first stanza is a continuation of the previous line. This line shows a complete lack of caring. The mirror does not care about what it swallows. Its only concern is to show the person what he looks like. It feels neither love nor dislike for the person it reflects. It is doing its job, and its job is to be truthful. Now we come to the fifth line of the first stanza. The mirror calls itself the “eye of a little god” in reference to being truthful. There are those that believe God never makes mistakes and perhaps the mirror is one of those believers. The mirror believes itself to be completely truthful in everything it shows. That means there is no mistaking what is seen. If it appears in the reflection, it is there and there is no mistake. The next four lines are perhaps my favorite part of this poem. They show some emotion in this seemingly unfeeling character. The mirror claims to meditate on the opposite wall. Meditation means to sit and think, which would suggest that the mirror sits there on that wall day after day thinking. To meditate also means to reflect. Reflection is what a mirror does best. So to sit and meditate on the opposite wall means the mirror is reflecting the wall that is opposite it. The mirror describes what the wall looks like and states that it has looked at this wall for a long time. In the next line, the mirror says that it thinks the wall is part of its heart. This shows feelings for the wall. When someone says something is a part of his heart, it generally means it is something he loves. Does the mirror love this wall? Or has it simply grown on it, having spent so much time reflecting it. There is another avenue to explore in deciding what the mirror means in this comment. The mirror constantly reflects the wall, so every part of the mirror is consumed with this reflection. If we were to think of the mirror as a person, with a body, where the heart would be you would see the reflection of this wall. The mirror says it flickers, and a heart could be said to flicker when it beats. When the heart flickers the reflection of the wall has been replaced. The mirror even states in the final line of the first stanza what it is replaced with, faces and darkness. Now we move into the second stanza of this poem. The change in the wording is such that it makes one think it could be its own poem and not any part of the first stanza at all. But together they fit very well and would not give the same impact if they stood alone. The first line of the second stanza changes the mirror into a lake. My first impression is that the mirror was taken off the wall and placed flat on the floor. Here enters a person, a woman, looking into what was once a mirror, and now a lake. She is searching for something; for what she really is. This woman does not want to believe that what she is in this reflection is all she is. In the third line she is turning to liars. The candles or the moon could represent friends who lie to make her feel better. People look better when there is darkness, because faults can be hidden in the dark. The woman seeks out this darkness, and the lies. She wants to think she is better than what the lake reflects, than what she truly is. The lake, ever faithful in its reflection continues to show what is seen, even when the woman has her back turned to it. The lake is only rewarded for its faithfulness with tears and upset. The woman seems too desperate to see herself looking nice and perhaps young, but the mirror will not lie to her. In the sixth line, the lake states that it is important to this woman. Despite it all the woman comes every day to see herself. Everyday she replaces the darkness of the lake. Perhaps the woman thinks that if she is continuous in seeing the lake she will one day see what she desires. The final two lines are definitely ones for contemplation. The lake says that in it, the woman has drowned a young girl. This makes one think that the girl is dead. If you read this line without reading the rest of the poem, you would think, the woman is a murderer, she has drowned a young girl in the lake. However, if you read on, the girl is not dead, not in the traditional sense of the word. The girl has grown into the woman, and she does not like it. A terrible fish is the last few words of this poem, and they sum up how this woman is feeling. She is getting old, and she is unhappy. She looks into this mirror-lake everyday hoping to see something better, but everyday it is the same thing, just an ugly fish that rises everyday to live, but nothing more. Word Count: 1107

طالبه شاقيه
10-05-2007, 06:06 PM
الله يعطيك العافيه من جد ماعرف كيف اشكررررك فرجتلي لي كربه الله يفرجللك اميين
وياليت اللي يلقى للقصيده الثانيه يكتب او يساعدني