المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Acupuncture

highness
24-03-2008, 02:46 AM
Peace be upon you

Today, we have one of the most intersting topics .we are going to discuss Acupuncture .
what do you Know about Acupuncture ??
Acupuncture needles dating from 4,000 years ago have been found in China. The first needles were stone; later, bronze, gold, or silver were used, and today needles are usually made of steel. Initially, needles were used only to prick boils and ulcers. Acupuncture was developed in response to the theory that there are special meridian points on the body connected to the internal organs and that vital energy flows along the meridian lines. According to this theory, diseases are caused by interrupted energy flow, and inserting and twirling needles restores normal flow.
Acupuncture, ancient Chinese medical procedure involving insertion and manipulation of needles at any of more than 360 points in the human body. Applied to relieve pain during surgery or in rheumatic conditions, and to treat many other illnesses, acupuncture is used today in most hospitals in China and by some private practitioners in Japan and elsewhere, including the United States.
Acupressure, a variant in which the practitioner uses manipulation rather than penetration to alleviate pain or other symptoms, is in widespread use in Japan and has begun to find adherents in the U.S. Also known as shiatsu, acupressure is administered by pressing with the fingertips—and sometimes the elbows or knees—along a complex network of trigger points.

Reference : Encarta encyclopedia:smile (74):

الواثقة بالله
24-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Wonderful topic
I saw a programme on Chinese acupuncture treatment, especially for the treatment of the effects of ageing
It is better than cure of collagen injections or cosmetic operations

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Thank you on the subject

Naseem

alraad3
25-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Good topic

However, my mother used acupuncture for 2 months in jordan..........it was useless for bone and nerve problems

thank you for this useful topic

Aseel
25-03-2008, 02:24 PM
This is the first time I know about their name in English

I believe that there special centres everywhere now for the acupuncture

one of my friends used that treatment for migraine

but she didn't continue

so she got no bebefit from the treatment

Thanks, brother, for the interesting topic

هايــدي
04-04-2008, 05:51 PM
great job

thanks a lot

CHARLES DICKENS
11-04-2008, 03:23 PM
I don't know how could people bear the needles stinging during this Operation
!!!
Thanks Allah sick one will do anything to feel comfortable
I think acupressure is great though I haven't done it

May Allah cures all the sick everywhere
M.D

the smart lady
28-04-2008, 01:47 AM
it is nice topic about Acupuncture, This my first one i hear about it ,
thanx Allah for every thing
sorry my language is very weak , My friend advised me to become a part in english club to improve it
later

أميرة بأخلاقها@
29-04-2008, 12:45 AM
thanks alot for your efforts