المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : A Happiness Formula

daydreamer
12-07-2005, 01:24 PM
[align=left]The formula goes like this
Happiness = Decision - Obstacle+ Choice.
You can now become your own Happiness
Doctor. Your decision to be happy is negatively affected by
obstacles and controlled by your choice.
You must make the decision to be happy now.
You can even make a choice to live with the problem you
cannot change. This immediately raises your acceptance of
the problem and gives you back the happiness you were
losing. When you think
more about the problem than you think about the solution,
you lose all control. That is how you get wrapped up in the
problem and lose your happiness. You can take control of
the obstacles in your life, by making the best choices.
Happiness = Decision - Obstacle + Choice. You must have
the intention, the decision to be happy, you must handle the
obstacles that come your way by making the best choices
you can. You must want happiness even more than you
want to get rid of the problem.
Epictetus said
these profound words: "There is only one way to happiness
and that is to cease worrying about things which are
beyond the power of our will."
Being happy will sustain you for the rest of your life.
Without the decision to be happy, you will never be happy.
With the decision, the obstacles you encounter will only
make you more determined. Happiness is power because of
the control you have over yourself, by making the best
choice for every obstacle you encounter. CHOICE is your God given right. Choose
wisely, choose well, and by all means, always choose
happiness[/center].

The next time someone tells you they can't be happy. Show
them the Formula for Happiness and tell them -- do
the math!
:cool: :rolleyes: ;)

ASTRO
12-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Hi. This is my first time writing in this forum. In fact, this is my first time EVER to write in any forum!!
As my fingers hover over the keyboard, I find myself wondering over what you wrote. I wonder what we mean when we speak of happeness? Is it a concept we try to understand or a feeling we simply want to enjoy? What does happeness mean to you and should it be the same for me? A thief feels happy counting the money he stole , but is it right? He overcame his obstacles as you rightly mentioned "brook the door" and made his choice "stole the money" . But what about the happeness of others? Should the owner of the house rejoice over the happeness of the thief?
I think happeness can only be found according to the way we perceive it. If we find happeness in the pleasure of helping others even if that meant losing our own so be it. As long as we enjoy what we do without stepping on the toes of others, I think we can be happy.
Thank you for the wonderful opprtunity you have given me !!

enigma
12-07-2005, 02:32 PM
[align=left]Being happy as I think is a quest for all of us,but sometimes the surrounding conditions

can get to us & make us feel unhappy.That's why we should always visualize our

successes & picture happier moments.We are blessed with the faculty of imagination,but

so often we use it negatively.If we all decided to be kings in our own minds we'll be

happier

Daydreamer you always enlighten us with distinguished topics.THANK YOU[/center]

ASTRO
12-07-2005, 05:21 PM
I like the approach that enigma has presented through his / her reply. (sorry, im not sure if enigma is a he or a she). Yes, happeness is an attitude not a product of what we do. However, indulging too much in self gratitude may result in a disconnection from reality and eventually carelessness towards the feelings of others.
Thanks again. Wow, im getting addicted to this. :D

Oh yes, by the way, just in case you were wondering, Im male. :cool:

اسيــ حبه ــرة
12-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Daydreamer

Thanks very very much 4 these great words

You are the best dear

Keep on that way

Dr_subahi
12-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Daydreamer ASTONISHING as usual
A very lovely and realistic topic , full of wisdom
Can't find more words to say but Thank u very much and
carry on .

U can also refer to my post ( keys of happines)l

https://saudienglish.net/vb/showthread.php?t=3568

dr_subahi@yahoo.com

ASTRO
12-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Sorry, but i cant help but notice that some of the replies to the topic were mere words of praise. Is this the way things go around here? Because frankly I think the writer wanted more than just "well done!" and "Bravo!". Which is more importan - discussing the idea or inflating the number of your contributions in the forum? To me the later answer is no option. Thank you once more. :cool:

daydreamer
13-07-2005, 06:14 AM
Hi. This is my first time writing in this forum. In fact, this is my first time EVER to write in any forum!!
As my fingers hover over the keyboard, I find myself wondering over what you wrote. I wonder what we mean when we speak of happeness? Is it a concept we try to understand or a feeling we simply want to enjoy? What does happeness mean to you and should it be the same for me? A thief feels happy counting the money he stole , but is it right? He overcame his obstacles as you rightly mentioned "brook the door" and made his choice "stole the money" . But what about the happeness of others? Should the owner of the house rejoice over the happeness of the thief?
I think happeness can only be found according to the way we perceive it. If we find happeness in the pleasure of helping others even if that meant losing our own so be it. As long as we enjoy what we do without stepping on the toes of others, I think we can be happy.
Thank you for the wonderful opprtunity you have given me !!

ASTRO

thanx 4 giving me the privilege of sharing 4 the first time in my post
well....u said that a thief may find happiness in overcoming some obstacles when he is steeling someone....there is something worse than this when u think about assassins they find pleasure in killing people and watching bloodshed scenes...but when u see people like them in movies or in the news u cannot help saying oh god they r sick....so do u think they find real happiness??????i doubt that...here im talking about happiness in the point of view of normal people....and somehow u r right may be we find happiness in helping others if we cannot find it in our own lives sometimes

daydreamer
13-07-2005, 06:20 AM
[align=left]Being happy as I think is a quest for all of us,but sometimes the surrounding conditions

can get to us & make us feel unhappy.That's why we should always visualize our

successes & picture happier moments.We are blessed with the faculty of imagination,but

so often we use it negatively.If we all decided to be kings in our own minds we'll be

happier

Daydreamer you always enlighten us with distinguished topics.THANK YOU[/center]

thanx sis u r right....lets be queens in our minds
my topics r distinguished cuz they r discussed by distinguished people like u
thanx sis again 4 passing by

daydreamer
13-07-2005, 06:25 AM
I like the approach that enigma has presented through his / her reply. (sorry, im not sure if enigma is a he or a she). Yes, happeness is an attitude not a product of what we do. However, indulging too much in self gratitude may result in a disconnection from reality and eventually carelessness towards the feelings of others.
Thanks again. Wow, im getting addicted to this. :D

Oh yes, by the way, just in case you were wondering, Im male. :cool:

well ASTRO i love what enigma wrote too
and get more and more addicted.looooooolz...i like sharing and discussing my opinions with educated people

daydreamer
13-07-2005, 06:29 AM
Daydreamer

Thanks very very much 4 these great words

You are the best dear

Keep on that way

hi sweety glad 2 see u here
keep on dropping in baby

daydreamer
13-07-2005, 06:39 AM
Daydreamer ASTONISHING as usual
A very lovely and realistic topic , full of wisdom
Can't find more words to say but Thank u very much and
carry on .

U can also refer to my post ( keys of happines)l

https://saudienglish.net/vb/showthread.php?t=3568

dr_subahi@yahoo.com

thanx DR.SUBAHI 4 ur support
i really appreciate seeing just ur name written in a reply 4 one of my posts and feel so proud of myself that someone highly educated like u liked my topic
thanx 4 ur words

daydreamer
13-07-2005, 06:45 AM
Sorry, but i cant help but notice that some of the replies to the topic were mere words of praise. Is this the way things go around here? Because frankly I think the writer wanted more than just "well done!" and "Bravo!". Which is more importan - discussing the idea or inflating the number of your contributions in the forum? To me the later answer is no option. Thank you once more. :cool:

ASTRO ofcourse its better to discuss the idea of the topic but if u dont have something to add or not in the mood of discussing things i think its better to thank the one who post the thread if u liked what u read... i think its better than reading and leaving without writting a note of thanx

Jamal
13-07-2005, 09:28 AM
[color=#F6C9D2]It is the first time I write here.First of all I'd like to thank those people who give the chance to express my feeling towards them . Hppiness can not be found by money.If you help people and share them everything they need from you you will find it. If you find yourself among your friends and the people that love you, you will find it When you discover that you do the right thing.When you share your friends their feelings .
I promise you that I am going to arrange my thoughts and give you something good about happiness.

Jamal
13-07-2005, 10:15 AM
yOU HAVE MISUNDERSTOOD ME.
By helping people I mean poor people.
And I do not say I am not happy. What makes me sad.
I am happy there is nothing wrong with me to be sad.
OUR life ,safety and everything we have cannot be found in any place.
And we pray Allah keep this country and our leadership.
That is a fact. No one can ignore it
Killing People is rejecet and uncceptable by any one Muslims or not muslims
And those people who are talking from outside They are villians . A nd do not like their country although it is the main cause after Allah,of their education.
They have bad thoughts . They must be fought.
Happiness can been find if you are satisfied and you like your people
And you have clean heart.

And that is what I have. ..

Instigator
13-07-2005, 11:01 AM
,Daydreamer
.thanks a lot for raising such issue

.What matters most is how to make yourself happy
.We are all responsible for making ourselves happy

Thinking negatively will always make you the
.unhappiest and unlucky person in the world

.PASS SAD EVENTS OVER
LIVE YOUR OWN LIFE IN HAPPINESS
.BECAUSE LIFE GOES SO FAST AND SIMPLY

Thanks for this amazing Formula of Happiness

Best regards
YaSSeR

enigma
13-07-2005, 01:19 PM
[align=left]I like the approach that enigma has presented through his / her reply. (sorry, im not sure if enigma is a he or a she). Yes, happeness is an attitude not a product of what we do. However, indulging too much in self gratitude may result in a disconnection from reality and eventually carelessness towards the feelings of others.
Thanks again. Wow, im getting addicted to this[/center]

[align=left]You're absolutely right my brother.But what I meant was that when we feel like outsiders,which happens to everybody once in a while,we shouldn't be depressed.We should work on our minds to be all right.However,we mustn't over do it.No one wants to end up detached from his/her real world[/center]

ASTRO
13-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Dear Daydreamer,

Wise words carry more than the scent of long experience. They cut short endless and pointless arguements. Your answer to my hasty conclusion about the replies of the esteemed members of the forum did just that. I must confess I was wrong and you are right.

As to what brother Jamal mentioned about money being the source of happiness, I find myself in partial agreement with what he said. Yes, no doubt money plays a great part in helping us defeat the hardships of life and achieving our ambitions, but what about the simple things in life like the smile of a child or the satisfaction of an accomplished job? Can money buy that?

Once again, I find myself moved deeply by your words. Thank you.

daydreamer
14-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Dear Daydreamer,

Wise words carry more than the scent of long experience. They cut short endless and pointless arguements. Your answer to my hasty conclusion about the replies of the esteemed members of the forum did just that. I must confess I was wrong and you are right.

As to what brother Jamal mentioned about money being the source of happiness, I find myself in partial agreement with what he said. Yes, no doubt money plays a great part in helping us defeat the hardships of life and achieving our ambitions, but what about the simple things in life like the smile of a child or the satisfaction of an accomplished job? Can money buy that?

Once again, I find myself moved deeply by your words. Thank you.

u r welcome bro