المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Alone on an Island

(ASTRO)
15-07-2005, 02:57 PM
[align=left]Good Afternoon Everyone

Having spent the past few days basking in the light of your thoughts and warm feelings, I finally gathered enough courage to post my first contribution to this amazing forum. However, allow me first to introduce myself. I am a 36-year-old English teacher (male). I have been a teacher for 13 years and I look forward to the day of my retirement. :D Ok, enough about me and let's get into business.

My question to you goes like this: If you were trapped by some unfortunate accident on a lonely island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, What book would you like to be with you (other than the Holy Quran because we would all choose it) and who would you choose to be your companion on the island and why? (Feel free to choose a memeber of your family, friends, members of the forum or a famous person.)

I await your replies with my deepest gratitude.[/center]

daydreamer
16-07-2005, 02:35 AM
hi ASTRO .......what a question bro....well when i read ur post i remembered Anthony Hopkins movie THE EDGE...its about a billionaire who goes on a trip 2 a remote island with his young wife...then they make an accident and start struggling to survive in that island....anyway that billionaire was reading a book at the beginning of the movie b4 the accident and it was about how to survive in a remote island....i dont remember the name of that book but if i'm trapped in such place i'd like to have that book.....and 4 the person i'd like to be trapped with mmmmmmmmm honestly i'd like to be trapped with the man of my daydreams.....whenever or wherever im trapped with him i don't care cuz it gonna be heaven with him close to me.....i think i talk too much and give u a strong headache...looool
what a lovely and so romantic start ASTRO
keep on bro

(ASTRO)
16-07-2005, 05:19 AM
[align=left]Dear Daydreamer

Being the sweet person you are I somehow expected you to be the first to reply to my question. I am both grateful to and pleased with your answer. Your choice of book shows you are a practical person who thinks about practical solutions to her problems. As to your choice of person that can only indicate how romantic you are.

Once again I am honoured by your graceful relpy to my humble question. Thank you.[/center]

Dr_subahi
16-07-2005, 05:30 AM
thanks brother for this topic
They are easy but confusing questions
the book I will have with me will be any Dickens novel
As a matter of fact there are 2 persons I would love to be with anywhere any place and any time
My Son and the othe one will be my love and she knows herself
No more details

Thanks brother for such a topic.

dr_subahi@yahoo.com

(ASTRO)
16-07-2005, 09:07 AM
[align=left]Dear Dr.Subahi,

To read your words is an ecstasy to me. A man of your status can't be denied the pleasure of reading his words. Your choice of book shows fine taste in literature and an interest in the human relationships and miseries. As to your choice of persons I pray to God that HE keeps your son safe and well and the love of your life ever blooming.

Thank you indeed for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us.[/center]

Instigator
16-07-2005, 11:03 AM
,(ASTRO)
,if I would be in such situation
.I would choose any novel of Charles Dickens

.I really like reading in English so much

.Thanks brother for raising such question

.Keep it up

(ASTRO)
16-07-2005, 12:07 PM
[align=left]Dear Instigator

I almost felt the winds of enthusiasm coming with your arrival. I see you as the vigilant knight of Saudi English spreading his vigor and love everywhere he goes. I also see you as the ladies' nemesis (just kidding of course). Your love of novels shows that you are a man who enjoys reading English in one of its most beautiful forms. I am still longing though to read about whom you would like to spend those lonely days on the island with.

Your words meant a lot to me. Thanks for giving me the pleasure of reading them.[/center]

Dr_subahi
16-07-2005, 02:35 PM
Asrto thank u very much for ur kind words and true feelings
I wish u the best brother
cause u r one of the best members I
met on SE.

dr_subahi@yahoo.com

(ASTRO)
16-07-2005, 04:49 PM
[align=left]You are most welcome Dr.Subahi. Words of praise coming from a man like you are a source of pride and pleasure to a simple man like me.
Thank you once again. [/center]

Instigator
16-07-2005, 05:47 PM
!Oops
:eek:
:eek: :eek: :eek:
:eek:
.I missed something here to be answered

.Anyway, I like spending all my time with my
.own lovely family; father, mother and siblings
and anyone of a Saudienglish members who
.likes or loves me as a little brother
http://www.english-cafe.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=253&stc=1

,(ASTRO)
thanks a lot for your concerns and
.sweet words you said about me

.KEEP IT UP

BEST REGARDS
TrOuBLMaKeR

enigma
16-07-2005, 06:40 PM
[align=left]Welcome brother,it's good to have a new spirit added to our forum specially when it's an open-minded one
It's so difficult for me to live away from those that I love cause they're many.Just thinking of it is scary.My family & friends means alot to me
But I'l try to imagine the impossible.The only person that I'll take will be my only sis that I can't live without(If I find one day the love of my life, the other person that I won't be able to live without too, I'll take him with us) 0
About the book.Well there many of them that I would love to take,but there's a nice book that helps one to have a better understanding to the human feelings & nature which is Opening to love 365 days a year [/center]

(ASTRO)
16-07-2005, 07:48 PM
[align=left]Dear Instigator
They say better late than never. The mere fact that you visited my post more than once is an honour I cannot deny. As usual your answer was short, direct and to the point. Thinking about the members of your family shows how much love you have for each other. I pray and hope that this love lives and flourishes evermore.

Dear Enigma
Like stars at night, your words shine and glimmer. The warmth of your welcome melted away what is left over of my hesitation. To your kindness I am in debt for ever. As to your choice of person I can only wish for the special relation between you and your sister to grow and prosper for eternity, and I am sure the man of your dreams won't take a long time reaching you. Who could miss the moon when it's full? Coming to your choice of book, I am in no doubt that the amount of love you have for the people around you will surpass that which the book tries to sell.

Words will never be enought to express the deep gratitude I feel for both of you.Thank you.
[/center]

enigma
17-07-2005, 12:59 AM
[align=left]Thanks to YOU I'm flattered
What about you, haven't told us who will you take & which book will you choose[/center]

(ASTRO)
17-07-2005, 01:59 AM
[align=left]Dear Enigma
A clever observation from a smart lady indeed! I was hoping to save my thoughts till the end, but your wishes are my commands. I am a man who enjoys reading novels and plays just to taste English. I would roll the words of a sentence in my mind just like a child who enjoys eating his ice cream in a hot summer day. However, these days I find myself drawn to lighter material such as articles in newspapers or the internet. So, if an intenet connection is available on the island I would go for it. But if it's not, a simple daily newpaper would suffice.
Now comes the second big question: who would I choose as my companion? Well I have learned from past experience that when two persons are put together in a lonely place for extended periods of time, things will eventually turn ugly between them. So, I'd rather keep a picture of the person I love with me and speak to her every night in my mind. I would tell her how much I love and miss her, and she would answer me back with her smile.

I can not tell you how much your interest in my answer meant to me. Thank you and have a pleasant day or evening. [/center]

daydreamer
17-07-2005, 07:14 AM

Being the sweet person you are I somehow expected you to be the first to reply to my question. I am both grateful to and pleased with your answer. Your choice of book shows you are a practical person who thinks about practical solutions to her problems. As to your choice of person that can only indicate how romantic you are.

Once again I am honoured by your graceful relpy to my humble question. Thank you.[/center]

thanx ASTRO 4 the compliment :o ....and 4 giving u me :D double pivilege :D ...the first is when u made a reply for the first time and fortunately 4 a post of mine and the second one is being the first one who reply ur first post...woooooow isnt that wonderful...i'm waiting for ur next post ...so dont keep me :rolleyes: waiting :rolleyes: for a long time....cuz i hate waiting so much :mad: :eek: ... :cool: .have a nice day bro :cool:

(ASTRO)
17-07-2005, 03:08 PM
As always, I am enchanted by your sweet kindness and generous soul. Your encouraging remarks are as much welcomed by me as the deops of rain welcomed by the desert. I promise you I shall strive with all my being to gain your satisfaction along that of the other wonderful members of the forum. God bless you all. [/center]

CHARLES DICKENS
20-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Hi dear teacher ASTRO

I'm enchanted by your literary touches.....çause I'm fond of literature so much

you remind me of my Doctor who teaches me Drama...with your rich brillant words
;) ;)
Back to the topic

Actually it was my dream to spend a long time a lone in far away island

I'm gonna take with me( Jane Eyre) my lovely novel.......
:p :p
but why Pacific Ocean.....aren't there pirates....??

I have an idea,,,I'm gonna read the last chapter from Jane Eyre for them

so as not to hurt me.....

as for my companion...i'm not sure I don't want any body

that person Whatever....will ruin my mediataion....I'm gonna be alone
watching the sunset alone
reading Jane alone
and listening to sea gulls alone

See ASTRO I'm alittle talkative
:eek: :eek:
sorry
with love

Mona

(ASTRO)
20-07-2005, 08:06 PM
[align=left]Dear Mona - Charles Dickens

My heart danced with joy as I read your words of praise. A man could never dream of more than the satisfaction of a reader like you. To you, I pledge my ever lasting gratitude

Indeed I see you like the character of Jane Eyre, strong, resolute, romantic and realistic
A girl like you would sit upstraight on the trunk of an old tree reading her novel to bandana-coverd, one-eye-blinded pirates with thier mouths wide open and their boat burning behind them in the clear waters of the Caribbean (Don't ask me why the boat is burning!). No wonder you don't want a soul to share your world with you: you don't need anyone! You have got the world slave to your wishes and your romantic journey is about to start

Your contribution to my post is an invaluable addition I can only be proud of. Thank you[/center]

زهرة وفى
25-07-2005, 11:19 PM
Good evening darling

I'm glad and pleasure to know about you

Oh you ask us and I answer

If Iwere trapped by some unfortunate accident on a lonely island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, What book would I like to be with me

Frankly I would like to be with me holy qra'an
But I would like to the novel (Jane Eyre)
And(Mars men and Venus women)

who would you choose to be your companion on the island and why?
I would like to be my fiancé suitor Nwaf …because we want to live together
Without noisy and problem

Also I want my family becauseIcan't live without them

Also I want all Saudi's members

Thanks darling for a nice topic

(ASTRO)
26-07-2005, 02:00 AM
[align=left]Dear Zahra

I deeply appreciate your lovely contribution to my post. Your words added more depth to the topic. As to your choice of books, it shows definitely the romantic side of your personality and the depth of your faith. Moreover, your choice of persons reveals the great love you have for your fiance, family and members of the forum. I hope and pray that you cherich this love for ever

Thank you for your wonderful reply[/center]

Aisha
06-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Dear Astro , my name is Aisha I think you are new here I like your question since it direct us to books I love reading . On my trip to remote island I would love to have my husband and my 2 daughters for he( my husband) loves, no no you can say he is books worm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and my daughters love outing. For the book I will take 100 great books!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you asked us to take only one book, but this the title of the book which i like to take with me . Let me tell you about 3 of many wonderful books I own . Wherever I travel I look for book shops I spent hours looking for books , sometime i buy the books for the writers and sometime the title attracts me so I buy it wondering what the title is all about. 100 great lives, 100 great adventures and 100great books I told my self i am not leaving this place without them any way I bought them . you know what i found in them which also make me very happy to have these books I found that the prophet Mohammed's life is one of 100 great lives ever lived on this earth and the Quran is one of 100 great books ever written and prophet Moses and the promised land and prophet mohammed's escape from makkah as one of 100 great advantures. Of course the writers are western. Ok I will stop here.

Aseel
06-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Good afternoon every one,
Well Brother Astro, I really don't want to be in such situation , alone on an island. I think I'm gonna be scraed to death. I won't survive

But in CASE.... I'll take my fourth-year old daughter with me because then she'll give me a reason to survive and try my best to find a way out.I will also take my husband. I need him to give me strenghth and courage and to porotect us, And because I can't give up or live without my small family
Concerning books, The Holy Quraan, Dua'a Al-Muslim, a book of poems, my daughter's favorite books, her crayons and notebook cause she loves drawing and a scientific book for my husband

(ASTRO)
07-08-2005, 12:33 AM
Dear Aisha
The existance of a reading-loving famiy such as your wonderful family is a sign of hope we need in our communities . We do need to spend less time watching TV and more time reading with the members of our families. I agree with you that time flies by when we spend it surrounded by books in a bookshop. It's like a trip into another dimension where the boundries of time and place fall down

I pray and wish for Allah to bless you and your sweet family

Aisha
07-08-2005, 12:48 AM
Thank you so much Astro for your dua ( Pray) You sure are smart you took all our attention by asking such question very good luck to you.

(ASTRO)
07-08-2005, 12:52 AM
Dear Aseel

Sharing our lives with the members of our families whom we love is a blessing we can never thank Allah enough for. You made the unfortunate accident I described in my question more like a picnic with your sweet little family. I wish for all of your days to be filled with the happiness and the pleasure of watching your family grow and
prosper

Thank you for your time and valuable contribution

ابوعلي
07-08-2005, 07:38 AM
Dear (ASTRO) when I read your post and your replies I felt that I`m reading for a professional author . with your sentences , words , and ideas you have a marvellous creativity in writing. not to mention the main idea of the post

regarding your question about the book I would rather choose my portable comouter because it gives me joy and it has a lot to read itself.l

and who would I choose to be my companion on the island and why? l
the answer is no one . why ? because simply I want to be alone on that island

dear ASTRO it`s an honor to Saudi English forum to has a member like u.l

please ,if you don`t mind, put me on your friends` list

forgive me for being late

can`t wait for your next post

may allah bless you and guide you

Aseel
08-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Dear brother Astro,

Thanx for your sweet words

I'm sure your family is lucky to have you

We're lucky, too ,to have such a member

(ASTRO)
08-08-2005, 05:13 AM
Dear Abu Ali

Hidden talents are discovered by great minds. Your encouraging remarks filled me with pride, joy and rapture.With each passing day I feel more fortunate to be among such generous and kind-hearted souls. You and the distinguished members of this great forum enslaved me with your sweet words and nobel spirits. It is indeed both an honour and a pleasure to be with you.
Coming to your choices, I can see you are a man who finds his joy soaring in the skies of new technology and in order for you to rise higher and higher you prefer the privacy of solitude. As the French say "Bon-voyage" Abu Ali!! Happy journey

Thank you once again for making me feel proud of myself

(ASTRO)
08-08-2005, 05:15 AM
Dear Aseel
Thank you so much for your lovely words. They mean a lot to me