المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Do you like reading? Why Don't you tell us...?

BloumagrieT
30-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Hi everyone

If you like reading tell us about what have you read ? and what does it talk about ?

I mean books in English please..

I'll start And I hope you keep on with me ..

one of my favourite novels is ( pride & prejudice ) It's a wonderful novel .. you can't get bored of it ..

also I've read another novel ( precious time ) also it's lovely about a mother and her son ..
she likes her work & always busy .one day she feels that she needs to spend sometime with her son and she does .... How she does it ......?? Read the novel and you will know and enjoy it..

Instigator
31-07-2005, 01:56 AM
,SoOoSoOo
.welcome to English Club
I am really glad because a new
.member has just joined us
.Enjoy your stay and happy posting
Best regards
.Instigator; English Club Supervisor

Anyway, I like reading in English such
.as novels, short story, poems,...etc

.Thanks for raising such question

(ASTRO)
31-07-2005, 05:41 AM
[align=left]Dear Soso

It is a precious oportunity for me to be one of the first members to welcome you into this forum. Being a new member myself, I find it pleasing to meet a fellow new comer

The topic you have chosen to discuss is indeed a lovely one. Yes, reading is one of the prime reasons that led us to the love of the English language. I have read novels, plays and poems and they all captured my imagination and facinated me. Yet, strangely enough, the only book that jumps into mind when asked about which I liked best, is a collection of short stories that I read about 2 years ago. That collection was a challenge to the authors. The publisher challenged the writers to write a short story with no more than 50 words! The stories that finally made it through were excitingly wonderful. If I could find that collection among the piles of books in my store room, I promise you I would post it for you

Thank you dear and a warm welcome to you again[/center]

Dr_subahi
31-07-2005, 06:39 AM
SoOoSoOo
Thanks alot for ur new topic it is a good one
Of course I LOVE reading it is the nutrition of the mind
The book Iam reading these days is an interesting one it is called CRAZY ENGLISH by Richard Lederer
It shows some secrets of English language in a funny ways and questions
I advise u all to buy it

dr_subahi@yahoo.com

laila
31-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Hello everybody ..

SoOoSoOo ..and all the members you are the very welcome

iam so glad to be among you here

Also me .. reading is my favourite hoppy whether in English or Arabic ..especially before bedtime

The latest book i have read & not yet finished is Interactions 1 Grammar4th edition by Elaine Kirn , Darcy Jack and others ; as the title shows it talks generally about English grammar and rules in a simple obvious way .. It is good and useful for friends who teahes the secondary stage ..

you will all get benefit if u have a copy in ur bookstore to be a reference from time to time

Thankyou dear sister for ur lovely topic

see you all ..

CHARLES DICKENS
01-08-2005, 06:40 AM
Hi SoSo

good choice friend.....I like talking about books and reading

as for me I like Great Expectations By Charels Dickens

it is really a great novel by a great author

in adition to Jane Eyre which I studied in the last semester...often students hate their courses just for being courses even if they are cool and fantastic but this didn't happen with me....I loved it so much from the beginning to the last chapters which made me and my friend about to cry...(really) it is impressive so much

thanks again Dear SoSo for choosing this tpoic

Mona

Aseel
01-08-2005, 02:36 PM
SOOOsooo Thanx for your topic

Pride and prejudice is one of my favourite novels in addition to Jane Eyre of course

I enjoy reading English literature especially poetry

But nowadays I'm reading Adobe Photoshop 7.0, trying to learn how to work with photoshop

A book that I would like to advise parents, who are expecting a baby, to read is (What to expect when you're expecting)

Believe me , it's the best book ever about such topic. You will find it in Jarir

Another one to warm the heart of the expectant mothers and fathers is Chicken Soup

It's not about food or soup or chickens. It's full of real stories about parents' first experience with their babies

It's a lovely book

BloumagrieT
04-08-2005, 09:02 PM
Hi everyone . I'm happy you like the idea and I'm sure we're gonna make a wonderful library .

thanks alot.

Abo Lama
08-08-2005, 05:06 AM
thanku my friend 4 this nice topic

to be hounest with u

i do really hate reading although we r forced to do so

sometimes i pick some books which r related to education and mosly relevant to my field of experience

and i often read different english newspapers and
internet sites

thanx again

BloumagrieT
22-11-2007, 08:52 PM
the reply is repeated sorry

BloumagrieT
22-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Hello everyone again

Long time no see

I want to tell you about one of my favourite books

It's ( The Alchemist ) by Paulo Coelho

This is a picture

http://bookreviews.nabou.com/reviews/images/thealchemist.gif

A preview of the book

Dreams, symbols, signs, and adventure follow the reader like echoes of ancient wise voices in "The Alchemist", a novel that combines an atmosphere of Medieval mysticism with the song of the desert. With this symbolic masterpiece Coelho states that we should not avoid our destinies, and urges people to follow their dreams, because to find our "Personal Myth" and our mission on Earth is the way to find "God", meaning happiness, fulfillment, and the ultimate purpose of creation.

The novel tells the tale of Santiago, a boy who has a dream and the courage to follow it. After listening to "the signs" the boy ventures in his personal, Ulysses-like journey of exploration and self-discovery, symbolically searching for a hidden treasure located near the pyramids in Egypt.

When he decides to go, his father's only advice is "Travel the world until you see that our castle is the greatest, and our women the most beautiful". In his journey, Santiago sees the greatness of the world, and meets all kinds of exciting people like kings and alchemists. However, by the end of the novel, he discovers that "treasure lies where your heart belongs", and that the treasure was the journey itself, the discoveries he made, and the wisdom he acquired.

"The Alchemist", is an exciting novel that bursts with optimism; it is the kind of novel that tells you that everything is possible as long as you really want it to happen. That may sound like an oversimplified version of new-age philosophy and mysticism, but as Coelho states "simple things are the most valuable and only wise people appreciate them".

As the alchemist himself says, when he appears to Santiago in the form of an old king "when you really want something to happen, the whole universe conspires so that your wish comes true". This is the core of the novel's philosophy and a motif that echoes behind Coelho's writing all through "The Alchemist". And isn't it true that the whole of humankind desperately wants to believe the old king when he says that the greatest lie in the world is that at some point we lose the ability to control our lives, and become the pawns of fate. Perhaps this is the secret of Coelho's success: that he tells people what they want to hear, or rather that he tells them that what they wish for but never thought possible could even be probable.

one of my favourite parts in this book is ("when you really want something to happen, the whole universe conspires so that your wish comes true". )

I hope you enjoy reading it as I did..^_*

Waiting 4 you to take part and tell us what have you read recently

searchy
23-11-2007, 11:08 PM
One of the best bookes i have ever read is chicken soup for the recovering soul
if your feeling sad and down read it it was geven to me by a friend..it realy made a change

BloumagrieT
05-12-2007, 12:46 AM
Hello .. Searchy

I've heard about the book you read and it's in my list for this vacation

by the will of Allah

Thanks 4 ur reply

^_*

so quiet
16-12-2007, 03:58 PM
What a rich topic to be discussed
thanks dear soso for letting us share
our interesing books it was a nice gesture from you :) o