I WANT ADESCRIPTIVE PARAGRAPH OF APERSON OR PLACE
THANKS

ص:girl face (192):دى الوجدان
AL-GASEEM

ام بسمه
25-04-2008, 01:58 AM
Here are the rules for describing People

A description essay about a person should be structured in the following way: l

a) the introduction where you state general facts about the person, saying when, where and how you first met him/her; l

b) the main body in which you describe their physical appearance, personal qualities and hobbies/interests. You start a new paragraph for each topic; l

c) the conclusion in which you express your personal attitude towards the person; l

When describing someone you know well or see often (i.e. a friend, a neighbour etc), you should use present tenses. When describing someone who is no longer alive, or someone you met or got acquainted a long time ago and you do not see anymore, narrate in the past tenses. l

Descriptions of people can be found in articles, letters, narratives etc. Your writing style depends on the situation and the intended reader. l

When you describe someone’s physical appearance, you start with the general features (i.e. height, age) and move on to the more specific ones, such as hair, nose, eyes etc. You can also add a description of the clothes the person likes to wear. l

When describing someone’s personal qualities, you should support your description with examples and /or justifications. You can also describe someone’s personality through their manners by: l

a) referring to the way they speak; l

b) describing the gestures they use; l

c) mentioning a particular habit they have l

You may also go to this link

http://www.saudienglish.net/vb/showthread.php?t=32349&highlight=describtave+essay

صدى الوجدان
25-04-2008, 01:23 PM
thanks

sada al wajdan