المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Fifty Five Words

(ASTRO)
07-08-2005, 01:57 AM
Good morning / afternoon / evening everyone

Lately, sister Soso asked us in one of her lovely posts about some of the books we like most. In my reply I wrote that I enjoyed reading a collection of short stories that were no more than fifty five words each. The title of that collection was "The World's Shotest Stories" I advise you all to buy it. Trust me, once you start reading one story , you won't stop until you reach the last one! The topics range from murder to love, horror and suspense

To give you a taste of these stories, I shall type one of them here. Be careful! Most of these stories end with a twist. So I advise you to read the story more than once. The title of this story is

The Window

Since his Rita's brutal murder, Carter sits at the window
No television, reading, correspondence
His life is whatever passes outside those curtains
He doesn't care to leave the room, or know who furnishes meals, pays bills
His world is joggers, changing seasons, passing cars, Rita's ghost
Carter doesn't realize padded cells don't have windows

I hope that you liked the story. If you noticed the twist at the end, you would feel sad for Carter because it means the poor guy became insane and actually there was no window

Thank you for your time reading this and who knows? Maybe I can share more of these stories with you if you like them

سعودي انجلش
07-08-2005, 03:35 AM
thanks for this advice

it looks lovely books and they are so nice short stories
They are simple and nice

thanks for that Astro

Dr_subahi
07-08-2005, 07:01 AM
Thank you ASTRO for ur advise
I will buy the book very soon

Instigator
07-08-2005, 08:14 PM
,ASTRO
thanks a million for your piece
.of advice for such collection

.I am on it

.Keep it up

زهرة وفى
07-08-2005, 09:38 PM
a well-liked teacher

" thanks to tell and advise us about the book "the wold's shortest stories
Iam pleasure because you are with us here.

the window is splendid story .I comprehend from this story there is not window becausr carter had anxious in his life therefore he didn't felt his surrounding even the window after that he became insane
or he is originally insane
thanks darling we are waiting you in anew short story

Abo Lama
08-08-2005, 04:58 AM
(astro)

thanks my brother

(ASTRO)
08-08-2005, 05:47 AM
Dear friends
سعودي انجلشDr Subahi, Instigator, زهرة وفى and ابو لمى

To see your kind replies is a moment of sheer joy and happiness. I felt both enthusiastic and grateful. My heart will always be thankful for the warmth of your feelings. Thank you

Here is another story from that collection to read. I hope you will like it too

Bedtime Story

"Careful honey, It's loaded," he said re-entering the bed room.
Her back rested against the headboard.
"This for your wife?"
"No. Too chancy. I'm hiring a professional.
" How about me?"
He smirked. "Cute. But who'd be dumb enough to hire a lady hit man?"
She wet her lips, sighting along the barrel.
"Your wife."

So, as I'm sure you have guessed, the poor husband who cheated on his wife and planned to kill her found himself to be the prey and his wife the hunter. Thank you for your time

Instigator
08-08-2005, 06:29 AM
,Brother ASTRO
sometimes life is with
.and sometimes against
.LIVE AND LET LIVE

Thanks for your great and
.wonderful efforts in English Club
.I really appreciate them so much

.Keep it up

Best regards
YaSSeR

درة المشـــاعر
08-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Astro

Thank you soooo much
and We are waiting for another story

(ASTRO)
08-08-2005, 10:06 AM
درة المشاعر Dear

Thank you for passing by. Your wishes are my commands. I hope you like this story too

One Rainy Night

Rain obscured the Georgia country road. Jody, driving a stolen truck, braked suddenly for a white-uniformed hitchhiker who climbed into the cab gasping, "My car broke down!"l
"You a doctor?"
"Right."
"The asylum?"asked criminally insane Jody,
who'd just fled from there.
"Yes," lied murderous William, who'd just escaped from prison

As you can see pure bad luck led both criminals to meet in that rainy night which I'm pretty sure will turn bloody

(ASTRO)
08-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Dear Instigator

Your words of praise lifted me up on the wings of pride and rejoice. I hope I can live up to your fine expectations. Thank you and may Allah bless you

enigma
08-08-2005, 01:21 PM
ASTRO Dear
Thanks for these nice stories.They'll definitely take me back to college days when we used to analyze short stories & poems & find out the beauty deep there
Most of what I read now are long stories or novels or books related to the philosophy of life.You encouraged me to read these kinds of books again

(ASTRO)
08-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Dear Enigma

As usual you choose to bestow upon me your graceful presence. You are right. The aim of my posting these short stories is to reminde the readers of the true value of reading which is to embrace the beauty within the sentences, phrases and words put together by the authors. We can never appreciate the wonderous side of a language until we see the letters dancing in harmony with the ideas carved by the writers

Thank you for helping me bring to light this side of the stories

زهرة وفى
08-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Magnificent teacher

Astro
You are really excellent .
Short stories are gorgeous .you make us to buy this book sooooooon
Thanks a lot of deep heart
Happy life darling

(ASTRO)
09-08-2005, 02:49 AM
زهرة وفى Dear

I am touched deeply by your sweet and kind words. The clarity by which you express your feelings can only show the wonderful person your are. Thank you for making my heart leap with joy

To you my lady I dedicate this fourth story

Mislaid Plans

A rash of new bills came that morning. The letter from their insurance company announced the cancellation of their policies
She sighed and rose wearily to tell her husband. The kitchen smelled of gas. On his desk she found the note

"...the money from my life insurance will be enough for you and the children..."

A sad story indeed! The lady's husband chose to end his life in order for his family to live well. Unfortunately, his sacrifice was in vain

ميس
09-08-2005, 03:03 AM
thaaaaaaaanks bro 4

ur choice

i`ll buy it soOOoOon

http://www.3e6r.net/data/media/20/magno-bar.gif

(ASTRO)
09-08-2005, 04:58 AM
Dear Mase

I hope I'v got the spelling of your name right because the computer I am using right now does'nt type Arabic. But I'm sure you will find it in your big heart to forgive me if I erred.
First and foremost, I would like to congratulate you on becoming a supervisor in this wonderful forum. It's a post I am sure will gain much from you. Your contributions have always been a source of wonder, excitement and pleasure to the members of this forum. Thank you for being the amazing person you are.
Secondly, I am honoured to learn that you liked the stories I have posted so far and have decided to buy this collection of stories. But I must point out to you and the rest of my precious mates that as with every collection of stories written by different authors, you might not find some of the stories up to your taste. So discretion is of utmost importance here.

Thank you once more for adorning my post with your presence

زهرة وفى
10-08-2005, 02:30 AM
thanks darling for sweet words .Iwish to be as you are describeing me
by the way, the fourth story was sadly
What is pity, he was sacrificed with his life
And he had leaved his family suffered his suicide and debt
we are waiting you with anew story :)

(ASTRO)
10-08-2005, 12:14 PM
زهرة وفى Dear

I am excited to see you happy with the stories. I can never put down the requests of a fine lady such as you. So to you my sister I present the next story

A Second Chance

His love had gone. In despair, he flung himself off the Golden Gate Bridge
Coincidentaly, a few yards away, a girl made her own suicide plunge
The two passed in midair
Their eyes met
Their chemistry clicked
It was true love
They realized it
Three feet above the water

So, once again we see a futile decision by two persons who decided to end their lives in despair just to discover that there is hope even before death

enigma
10-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Wooooooooooooooooooow,now that was a tough one
The two poor ones found love when it was too late,I really feel sorry for them
To tell you the truth dear brother I haven't got the book yet but with these little goodies you're giving us from time to time I'm tempted to buy it asap
I'm just wondering if it's available in all bookstores

Instigator
10-08-2005, 05:23 PM
,Brother ASTRO
thanks a lot for amusing and entertaining
.us with such amazing short stories

.Keep it up

زهرة وفى
11-08-2005, 12:04 AM
Thanks dear
Astro
Really ,I appreciate your effort

I am feeling a shamed because we had exhausted you

There fore we are waiting you anew story :)
I am very greedy
Curiosity kill
me I want to know much about this story

thanks this story had remembered me the film (Romeo and Juliet)

thanks darling

(ASTRO)
11-08-2005, 03:37 AM
Dear Enigma

To see your words shining here is a privilage I can only feel delighted with. I am happy to learn that you have found the stories up to your taste. As to the availabilty of the book in the bookstores, I haven't seen another edition of it in Jareer Bookstores since I bought it about 2 years ago. My guess is that it was pulled from the bookstore due to the inapropriate content of some of these stories. Indeed I was fortunate enough to buy the last book in the stock. Of course you can always check by asking at the Jareer bookstore.
Thank you once more sister for your kind words and interest

Dear Instigator

Your encouraging remarks are the source of power to me in this forum. Each time I find a reply from you I'm filled with rapture.
Thank you for being the amazing person you are

زهرة وفى Dear

An actor in a play feels on top of the world when cheered by the audience. That is exactly how you make me feel by asking me to post more of the stories.
To you my enchating lady I type the next story

Guitar

He'll never hold me as he holds that guitar. Hasn't touched me that way in years. I'll get inside the guitar, to be in his arms again
She spent all day, sacrificing shape, voice, everything but desire to be held. Finally inside, mute, invisible, she waited
I"Honey, I'm home! I bought a new guitar! Honey...?"i

This story has touched me the most. How many times have we heard or read about ladies sacrificing everything they have or dreamt of for the sake of pleasing their husbands just to see at the end their loved husbands ignoring them ? And I guess the same can be told about wives who regard their husbands second best in their lives
Thank you all

Instigator
11-08-2005, 08:47 AM
,Brother ASTRO
.thanks again for these touching story
.I liked and admired them so much

.Keep it up

enigma
11-08-2005, 04:09 PM
ASTRO

Okay,I'll ask about the book at Jareer's but I'm sorry to tell that in case I don't find it there you're doomed to keep writing the stories to the last one

Afterall it's you who's killing us softly by them

(ASTRO)
11-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Dear Instigator

I can never thank you enough for your supporting words. God bless you

Dear Enigma

I shall keep writing those stories till doomsday if it pleases you. My fingers dance with joy typig as they know that your eyes will read what they type
To you, Lady of Mystry, I present the next story

Like Two Ships

He entered the elevator
i"Ground floor, please," he said
He sounds nice, she thought, but he wouldn't notice me
He noticed. He noticed her standing there, eyes straight ahead. But he didn't blame her
Nice perfume, she thought as they parted, he lightly stroking his disfigured face, she counting the steps to the waiting van

Strange indeed. The two were a perfect match! He had a disfigured face and she was blind. If only he had realized it, he would have been the happiest man

Instigator
11-08-2005, 06:51 PM
,Brother ASTRO
.I cannot get enough of your magic words
.You are just like mirage, impossible to catch

.Keep it up

زهرة وفى
11-08-2005, 07:03 PM
My magnificent dear
Wooow your words is beautiful
Just as say you May Allah bless you and reward

Your story 's Guitar

I remember my mother sacrificing every thing :)

Thanks for story darling
Like tow ship

A nice story

Astro , you are always a magnificent person
You are a very generous person

Thanks million darling

enigma
13-08-2005, 02:27 AM
Dear brother ASTRO

The way you reply to each and every member shows how polite and courteous person you are.I'm thankful that you have the ability to please others

I liked the story and your interpretation too.I just have one more request.I do enjoy reading your explanations to the stories,they're more than enough.But you're spoiling us by giving the meaning hidden between lines without any effort by us.So I suggest that you write the story with no explanation.Give us time to figure out the idea ourselves and then the next time or day you're free to tell the meaning

In Arabic they say "من راقب الناس مات هماٌ" I certainly don't want to end up like that.I thought that by keeping my eyes around I'll be able to watch and monitor every bits and bites but I was mistaken .So I'm planning to replace it once I find a better picture

(ASTRO)
13-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Dear Instigator

Like the cool breeze of spring, you sway me with your gentle words. Thank you brother for everything

Dear Zahra

Your sweet kind words lift my pride like the deep blue sea carriying mighty vessels. To your gracious soul I shall forevermore be grateful

Dear Enigma

Each and every reply from you launches my spirit into orbit. The way you react to my words touches me deeply. It's no wonder I have to reply to you everytime you and the other members choose to adorne my post with your astounding replies. You are my terrestrial paradise
To you all, I dedicate this story

Werling

Werling Werner was witless. Without worrying whether wife Wilma was working, Werling wasted wampum willfully. Worthless Werling was workless. When Werling woke wondering what wife Wilma was wanting, we wondered why Werling wanted women. Werling was without wisdom. Woment want warmth. Wilma was wet. Werling Werner's weenie was worthless. Wilma went without. Woe was Werling

This time thanks to dear Enigma, I am not going to go into details. Enjoy
By the way Enigma, I think the picture you have is great. But of course, it can never be a match to your magnificent spirit

زهرة وفى
13-08-2005, 09:41 PM
Welcome my magnificent dear
Astro

Thank you
For this a story
Yesterday, I had missed your story
But now I pleasure I read your story

Instigator
14-08-2005, 04:19 AM
:The story and its details
I think his wife wanted a serious life
full of working to live in happiness
.and share everything in life

,Brother ASTRO
thanks for your touching words
.and you are most welcome

.Thanks for this story
.Keep it up

enigma
16-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Hello there

What happened

:confused:

I thought we had an agreement to keep on writing stories till doomsday

(ASTRO)
16-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Dear friends Zahra, Instigator and Enigma

I am deeply sorry I had to keep you waiting for the past few days. I have been busy quite a bit. I also thought you might want to comment on the last story I've posted before we continue with another. But I guess I misunderstood. Nonetheless, I extend my sincere apology to you all. I promise you I shall be more attentive next time
Now, before we move on to the next story, I wonder if you have noticed that the last story was made up entirely of words that began with the letter "w". Facinating, don't you think so?i

To change the mood a little bit, I hope you will find this story amusing as I have

In The Garden

Standing there in the garden, she saw him running toward her.
"Tina! My flower! The love of my life!"
He'd said it at last
"Oh, Tom!"
"Tina, my flower!"
"Oh, Tom! I love you, too!"
Tom reacher her, knelt down, and quickly pushed her aside
"My flower! You were standing on my prize-winning rose!"

enigma
16-08-2005, 09:04 PM
O my goodness ......The poor one thought he loved her , how disappointing
I couldn't stop laughing,it's ironical

Sorry too for not commenting on the previous story.When I first read it I said to myself is ASTRO trying to drive us nuts by this 'W' letter
I had a different approach to it than the one given by Instigator,but I found his interpretation interesting
Thanks for this astonishing story

Instigator
17-08-2005, 03:46 AM
hahahahahahahahahah
.That was so funny to read

!!!!!!!How poor and disappointed she was
She was waiting that sweet words
.to hear them from her husband
It hurts to be placed
.in the same situation

,Brother ASTRO
thanks a lot for amusing us with
.such amazing short stories

.I am dying to read another one

.Keep it up

(ASTRO)
17-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Dear Enigma and Instigator

Blessed is the soul that lives for another. Your words and comments are my umbilical cord; I could never exist without them. Thank you for being the patient audience in an empty theatre watching a lonely and sad actor

To your caring souls, I present the next story

Rendezvous

The phone rang
l "Hello," she whispered
l "Victoria, it's me. Meet me by the dock at midnight." l
l" I'll be there, sweetheart." l
l " And don't forget the bubbly, babe," he said
l "I won't, darling. I want you tonight." l
l "I can't wait!" he said, and hung up
She sighed, then smiled
l " I wonder who that was," she said

زهرة وفى
18-08-2005, 12:05 AM
My magnificent dear
Astro

You are a wonderful
All right , I am waiting your stories,
o.k., we apologized you : )

frankly , I like your story to make me to think
really I read 5 times and try to understand even I get used to understand very well : )

thanks darling

enigma
18-08-2005, 02:26 AM
Oh,come on ASTRO.Get out of this sad mood.Why on earth would you be sad? Is it for us being the only audiance .
Who said we're the only ones reading your stories.I'm sure they are many those who read for you,but they're coming and leaving in silence with no word of thanks or appreciation

It makes me sad too sometimes that few members always keep participating with their replies and many many more just look and leave

But I think we should accept the human nature.People like to be entertained dislike being forced to respond

Those who reply to my posts are the ones counted for me( I consider them friends) and those who don't have all the
right not to participate

One more time I do thank you for your stories.I find joy in them, if you don't feel like posting them we'll understand and respect your wish

Instigator
18-08-2005, 04:29 AM
.I think that he called the wrong number
She was lonely dreaming of her knight
coming with a black horse. She touched
the sky by listening to his voice then she
woke up from dreaming by sighing and
fell like a hadr rock on the ground by
.asking," I wonder who that was," she said

,Brother ASTRO
we should not give up hope even when
.we are neglected or being disappointed
Unfortunately, some members like
being hide not to comment on any
thread they read. Some feel shy to
make mistakes in puplic and some
have no time to press a single button
.of the keyboard
That was a matter I personaly suffered
from which was the relationship between
the number of replies and the number
.of readers of my own posted threads
Actually, that was a so disappionting matter
clipped my wings not to post any thread
.anymore

http://www.saudienglish.net/vb/showthread.php?t=2513&highlight=dead

Anyway, I am so proud of being one of
your audience to watch you acting. I cannot
.get enough of your spectacular films
I feel the spirit of life coming with your
.wonderful and magic thouches in English Club
.I really enjoy reading your amazing posts
Thanks a lot for amusing us and making us
.enjoy reading with such stories
Thanks a lot for your great efforts in
English club. It is my plesure and honor
.to have a one of kind kind member like you
.I wish you good luck and happiness forever
.Keep it up brother, please

.Best regards

(ASTRO)
18-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Dear Zahra

Writers would die for a single reply from a tasteful reader like you. You always amaze me with your courageous and eager soul. The way you express yourself despit the difficulties you face in using the language make me bow in respect to your lofty spirit. Thank you my graceful lady for being the astonishing person you are

(ASTRO)
18-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Dear Enigma

It is the nature of men to yearn for glamour and high esteem. This is a part of ourselves we can not hide from. I felt dizzy with ecstasy when I saw my posts pinned, a decision I shall always be thankful to for my dear brother Instigator. Yet, what I would feel more proud of is the simple act of sharing thoughts and feelings with me as you and the other wonderful brothers and sisters did with me. Words of my posts are like bridges that connect our souls. The reply I see from a friend is a sign that I am alive, felt, recognized and touched by him or her
The road we tread upon gets shorter when accompanied by caring souls

Dear Enigma
I would be lying if I said I don't look forward to your replies each and everyday. The way you think, write and express yourself is captivating. The moment I start reading your reply is a moment I cherich and value. The way you shook me out of my despair can only show the remarkable attitude you have for life. I guess being here longer than me has given you a perspective I still have time to gain. Thank you for standing by me in my time of need

(ASTRO)
18-08-2005, 10:34 AM
Dear Instigator

You have no idea how much your past experience has relieved me of my burden. A writer's delight is his reader's admiration and appreciation of what he writes. I have felt ashamed of my hasty disappointment when I have read your post. If a devoted writer such as yourself gets a few replies, who am I to ask for more? Thank you instigator for making me feel wanted and appreciated. I shall always be enslaved by your kindness

(ASTRO)
18-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Dear Instigator, Zahrah and Enigma

To an audience that is worth the world to me, I dedicate this story

Gratitude

The street lights were a warm welcome from the oncoming chill of darkness
The park bench's curvature felt familiar under his tired old spine
The wool blanket from the salvation army was comfortable around his shoulders and the pair of shoes he'd found in the dumpster today fit perfectly
God, he thought, isnt life grand

enigma
18-08-2005, 04:10 PM
How affecting this story is.In this huge, cold, harsh and rough world lies many sweet,soft,warm and tender things or realities
We're living a world of contradictions
Despite his conditions he still can see a beautiful aspect in life

I believe that it's all in our own minds,we can turn heaven into hell or the other way around

ASTRO Dear
You mentioned earlier that I have an attitude towards life.I do really have one but I just developed it recently that I should ,no matter what, give excuses to others

I liked Yasser's words and wanted to say that we all appreciate the posts sent by both of you

(ASTRO)
18-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Dear Enigma

Marvelous !!! I could never have said it better myself. Yes, despite every hostility we face, every burden we carry, every obstacle we encounter, we can always put a smile on our face and sing a happy song

Thank you for your wonderful insight

زهرة وفى
19-08-2005, 01:21 AM
My magnificent dear

Astro

You are always agreat

Really, I am waiting your story
Every one story is better than other

I feel that you are a sensitive and I like your story

Don't forget ,we are with you
We will continue and eager to wait your story

Frankly, you must a happy actor because
You are a splendid with your words ,story, kind heart
We are always eager for your words remember that

Thank you darling for your efforts
I wish from Allah successful and property

http://www.saudienglish.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=3230&stc=1

Instigator
19-08-2005, 07:24 AM
Dear Instigator

You have no idea how much your past experience has relieved me of my burden. A writer's delight is his reader's admiration and appreciation of what he writes. I have felt ashamed of my hasty disappointment when I have read your post. If a devoted writer such as yourself gets a few replies, who am I to ask for more? Thank you instigator for making me feel wanted and appreciated. I shall always be enslaved by your kindness

,Brother ASTRO
.thanks a lot for reciprocation the same feeling
I feel so proud of having a kind and a humble
brother like you. You may not know how happy
.I am when reading your touching and lovely words

.Thanks again

Instigator
19-08-2005, 07:36 AM
ASTRO Dear
You mentioned earlier that I have an attitude towards life.I do really have one but I just developed it recently that I should ,no matter what, give excuses to others

I liked Yasser's words and wanted to say that we all appreciate the posts sent by both of you

,Sister enigma
I am speechless and my words are inadequate
.to thank you for you sweet and encouraging words
.I appreciate it
Best of luck

Instigator
19-08-2005, 07:38 AM
,What a poor life he has!!! I feel so sorry
sad and pity for this lonely man lost going
.nowhere and walking through darkness

Living in such life full of sorrow leads to
hopeless feelings. No matter how people
live, they should struggle to survive. This
way of so simple life is a good example to
know that there are no impossible ways to
remain survive. Life itself is a mystery to
figure it out, because it is always with and
against us at the same time. Through
difficult and hard circumstances that poor
and simple man keeps surviving to be alive
by looking for shining and pleasing aspects
in grant life. Life always keeps going on in
.mysterous ways we have pass through

,Brother ASTRO
.I really appreciate your great efforts with us
Thanks a lot for entertaing us with such
spectacular shrot stories including and
.discussing life experience

.Keep it up, brother

Best regards

(ASTRO)
19-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Dear Zahra and Instigator

Your words mean the world to me. I could never have enough of them. Thank you for supporting me. To you, my dear soul mates, I post the following story

A Pilgrim's Tale

He entered sheepishly and knelt at his wife's bedside
"Priscilla, dearest, she meant nothing to me! Can you ever forgive me?"
She was flushed. "Yes, John. Love is forgivness."l
l "Angel!" He kissed her forehead, grabbed his musket and left , slamming the front door
Priscilla leaned over the bed's edge to peer beneath
l "Miles," she beckoned

زهرة وفى
19-08-2005, 05:07 PM
My dear magnificent
Astro

Just to say Priscilla is a poor woman
In this story , I remembered that here in the terrorism in the Saudi Arabia
I can't describe what I think that just terrorist's wife
When he took musket and he gone away away
thanks darling for your story

Instigator
19-08-2005, 05:58 PM
I think that John has cheated on
.or betrayeded Priscilla love
After experiencing another hopless
life with another woman, he came
.asking her to forgive his silly mistake

Asking forgiveness is a good manner
.to do when making mistakes

,Brother ASTRO
I am speechless in front of your great
efforts to entertain and amuse us with
.such wonderful short stories

.Keep it up

(ASTRO)
19-08-2005, 06:36 PM

Thank you both for your worthy analysis of the story. I must say that Instigator's interpretation is the closest but there is one more element to be added. For this, I must await Enigma's reply

Thank you both for your kind words. As usual, you make me speechless

اسيــ حبه ــرة
20-08-2005, 02:26 AM
ASTRO

The book you have seems to be perfect

I have read the story .. it's rich of new words

I think that when I buy like the book you have

My English will be perfect

Thanx dear 4 this great story

??Can you type another one

(ASTRO)
20-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Dear Asirat 7obah

Your words and presence have filled me with delight. It means a lot to me to see such a young and fresh member joining our reading group. With your swift and joyful presence, I'm sure we have a lot to look forward to. I promise you I shall dedicate the next story to you my dear sister as soon as we have finished discussing the earlier story. In the mean time, I hope you enjoy reading the earlier stories
Thank you dear for your kind visit

enigma
20-08-2005, 09:19 PM
[align=left]Dear ASTRO
I was abashed by your words.I don't think that my humble interpretations could ever reach yours

Regarding the last story,I believe that nothing could ever justify infidelity between spouses
The names in this story have a great significance
The wife here is being a "dark" Angel,she couldn't forget or forgive
her husband's betrayal that's why she did the same to him
Her lover's name "Miles" could be a hint to the huge gab between her and her husband

I'm deeply sorry for being late to share the beauty of the story,but I'm having a hectic schedule these days[/center]

(ASTRO)
20-08-2005, 09:48 PM
[align=left]
Dear Enigma

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

You are indeed astonishing. I never even thought of the significance of the names . I salute you and tip my hat for you my lady. I knew my waiting for you would be worthwhile
As to the story I had only one line to say

Treason is a knife that cuts both ways

Thank you all for the pleasure you filled my life with. Now, It's time to dedicate a new story. This time it is to our new and sweet member

Asirat 7obah

Blood Sure

[align=left]"Can you keep a secret, Em?"
"Sure"
"Blood sure?"
"Look, Ty__"
"Oh, I forgot. Doctor. Ever since you left the holler, you's better'n us kinfolk and our ways."
Emmett sighed, then extended his palm. He winced as his brother's blade grew red.
"What secret?"
Blood trickled from between their thumbs.
"Em ... I got AIDS, man." [/center][/center]

enigma
21-08-2005, 09:05 PM
[align=left]Okay ASTRO there's something strange about this story for me.They're African American guys talking,aren't they? .I just couldn't figure out if it's only a normal conversation to tell that devestating secret or there's something else the writer wanted to convey to us[/center]

(ASTRO)
22-08-2005, 01:21 AM
OK, maybe this one needs some explanation. I am sorry if it is not that clear.
This story is about two brothers who grew up in a poor neighbourhood. One of them got lucky, became a doctor and moved out to a better neighbourhood while the other remained behind. Apparently, the poor one thought his brother became arrogant and snobby. His heart was filled with rage and hatred and to make things worse he became infected with AIDS. So, in a cold evil moment, he decided to inflect his anger and despair on his his rich brother. To do that, he resorted to a ritual used by youths in America called "Blood Secret" in which those who share a secret would swear to secrecy by cutting the palms of their hands and shaking their hands while their blood mixes

I could only imagine the look of horror on his brother's face

زهرة وفى
22-08-2005, 02:38 AM
my magnificent dear Astro

you are always agreat

thanks for a story

it is really an obscure and unclear
but it is an obvious
by you

thank you darling

we are waiting even i got used for this story

really thank you darling

Instigator
22-08-2005, 04:10 AM
.The last short story was really ambiguos
.Frankly, that is why I was not capable of analyszing it
.Beside, I never ever thought of this analysis

,Brother ASTRO
giving people your promise is a
serious matter which makes people
count or depend on you. So, do not
.fail or let them down
Anyway, personally, when I give a
.promise, I must keep it

THANK YOU seems inadequate word to say
for your amazing and great efforts to amuse
.or entertain us with such discussing short stories

.Keep it up

(ASTRO)
22-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Dear Zahra

People may get tired of the sun rising in the east , or bored with the moon shinning at night, but I could never get tired with your sweet complements. Your constant praise is the driving force behind my humble effort

Thank you for your support

Dear Instigator

You are right. The story was a little ambiguous to us, but keep in mind those stories were intended originally for American readers. I am sure it makes lots of sense to them
Coming to your statement about promises, You are absloutely right. It is my belief that a promise is a burden you willfully carry. You can only feel relieved the moment you take it off your shoulder
Thank you dear brother for your kind words. They are winds into my sails

(ASTRO)
22-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Now dear friends, let's move to another story. Although I hate politics, I think you will find the next story rather intersting. It was written back in 1995. I am sure you will see the significance

Communique

Uncontrolled terrorists burning the world's oil fields are producing "nuclear winter" effects in Northern Hemisphere
Industry, agriculture, transport, failing
Prediction: 50 years until horse stock able to serve human needs. Gold, $2 an ounce. Hay passes $100 a bale
U.S. denies plans to invade hay-producing nations
"just routine military maneuvers," says White House

زهرة وفى
23-08-2005, 09:49 PM
my magnificent dear
Astro

Oh, political story

Thanks darling but I want the aim of this story
Don't laugh
I just to say is this a truth story

I read from the title and the last one
I imagine it is really :)

Instigator
23-08-2005, 10:27 PM
I think it is really obvious that the Aamerican
government does not want uncontrolled
terrorists to use or burn the world's oil fields
because America wants and needs these
valuable and treasure oil fields to get the
.benefits for itself to play with the world

,Brother ASTRO
you may not know how much I really
.hate the way American government plays
Besides, I dislike getting involved into
.POLITICS more than you think

.Thanks a lot for sharing it with us
.I hope to see more from you
.Keep it up, brother

(ASTRO)
24-08-2005, 04:03 PM

To see your replies is an endless source of joy to me. The story you have read shows that war and occupation is the strategy unfortunately chosen by superpowers to maintain their way of life. I hope one day, peacefull negotiations would be their choice although I doubt it

Now dear friends allow me to present to you the next story

The Magician and his Assistant

Carmine the Magnificent could not believe Nina was cheating on him. Filled with anger, he planned his revenge
Nina crawled into the box on stage for their fnale. Carmine the Magnificent was indeed magnificent as he worked his magic. When the last sword pierced the box, there was a cold shriek
"Abra-cadaver!" exclaimed Carmine

زهرة وفى
25-08-2005, 04:50 AM
darling Astro
forgive me to tell you , you are always a splendid
in the fact , i like to read any thing ,your stories ,your ideas, your hops ,and dreams , your words
your reply
thanks darling
we are waiting you

Instigator
25-08-2005, 11:45 AM
........Personally, I think that
Carmine is the magnificent magician
.and Nina is his beloved and assistant
.Nina cheated on or betrayeded him
So, when he figured that out, he decided
to take his revenge back by making her
.disappear forever or killing her
At the end of working magic, magicians
used to say "abracadabra" as word to
make their magic work. Suddenly, he
."exclaimed by hearing "abra-cadaver
.CADAVER means a dead body
,I think that as the last sword pierced the box
Nina said it making him fool, making an irony
at him or pretending she is dead because
.she figured out his intention of taking revenge

,Brother ASTRO
that was so funny. Reading your spectacular
post is a source of brainstorming to me to
.the use of my thinking and analysing skills
.Thanks a lot for your great efforts
.Keep it up
Best of luck

enigma
25-08-2005, 05:51 PM
[align=left]REVENGE is a word that should be banished from ourdictionaries.It could be a way to be free of anger at some points,but I think it's always accompanied by regret.If Carmine,which I find a strange name for a man,killed his Nina then he must've repented his action even if he gained temporarily satisfaction

Concerning the previous story what really amazed me was the writer's ability to predict what's happening nowadays yet began
years ago

Forgive me dear for not being as active as I should in contributing with you all.I'm not being myself lately.May be something is wrong with me as daydreamer said[/center]

(ASTRO)
25-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Dear Zahra

As usual you chose to fill my heart with joy with your sweet and lovely words. People like you make the world a better place to live in
Thank you from the bottom of my heart

Dear Instigator

Your analysis of the story is super. You made my job easier
Again, I find myself proud to be the receiver of your kind and encouraging words
Thank you for all your wonderful efforts. You are the power to this forum

Dear Enigma

I felt worried over your absence. My post felt like an empty house waiting for its owner to return safely. Yet, I must say I felt sad when I read that you were not ok. Somehow, the life and sweetness that filled your words seem to have faded. I know that life is a merciless ocean that lifts and lowers our hopes much like a struggling boat facing mountainous waves. But, to see the dark clouds hiding the face of your shining moon is simply unfair
We are with you sister in spirit and heart. You are not alone

Now dear friends, let's ride the dreamy chariot of words and soar away into a world over the clouds

Distressed

They say evil wears no face. Indeed, there was no emotion on his face. No flicker of empathy as he inflicted still more pain. Couldn't he see the terror in my eyes or the panic on my face?
He calmly, even professionally, continued his dirty work, and then glibly spoke: "Rinse, please." l

Can you guess the man's job?

اسيــ حبه ــرة
28-08-2005, 10:57 AM
,Dear ASTRO

I'm so so so sorry 4 being late on this really fantastic topic

But you, Instigator and Zahra you know everything about

English and words.. But I'm a little professional so I have

to take time to discuss something with you very well

About the last story: I read this story many times but I'm

not sure from the answer.. So I'll stay and watch 4 the

professionals to solve it.. Thanx 2 u bro

enigma
28-08-2005, 03:05 PM
[align=left]Million thanks for your comforting words dear.I'm truly grateful

Your new story as usual kept me thinking.I had many jobs that jumped into my mind the first time I read it
Each and every answer was not logical to me because of one
phrase : Rinse ,please
What kind of a job that we would be asked to rinse and cause alot of pain
I guess he is a dentist[/center]

(ASTRO)
30-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Dear Friends

I am so sorry I couldn't reply to your sweet comments as early as I should have. I am living a nightmare at my job that hopefully will end soon.

Dear Asirat 7obah

Thank you darling for the sweet words you said about the language of Enigma, Zahra and myself. But, you know what? Your language is SUPER too dear. I really mean it. When I was your age, I couldn't speak half as well as you do. I believe that what took us ages of learning and practise, you would master in a few years. You are enthusiastic, energetic, super at using the internet and, most important of all, an ardent lover of the English language
Dear darling, I feel proud to see your words shinning at my post. Please, don't let your stars stop twinkling at my night sky

Dear Enigma

At your presence, I am speechless. You are simply fabulous! And you know what? Something tells me you knew the guy's job the moment you finished reading the story, but you chose to hold the answer till the end of your reply to tease our minds. Well, you are absolutely right. He is a dentist. Only he who can calmly inflect pain on you and then simply ask you to wash your mouth

Dear friends

Again, you made my heart the happy receiver of your priceless words. Now, please join me in reading the next story

The Salon Visit

" Anyway," the woman in the chair continued, "his wife's so gullible! Bill always says he's going bowling; she always believes him! "
The beautician smiled. "My husband William loves bowling "
Never used to ... Goes all the time now...
She paused, frowning
Then a slow, bitter smile emerged
"Let's start on your perm. You're gonna look unforgettable "

Why did the beautician smile?

اسيــ حبه ــرة
30-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Thanx 4 your ecouraging words

It's make me feel happy

About the story

I don't that I get the right answer but I guess

she smiled because she knew that the woman

???is talking about her husband.. Did I get it

This is what I think of when I first read the story

Instigator
30-08-2005, 08:03 PM
I tried many times to figure it out but
.I could not do so. So, I do not Know

,Brother ASTRO
thanks for your great effort and contribution
.in English Club to entertain and amuse us

.Keep it up

زهرة وفى
31-08-2005, 01:20 AM
my magnificent dear Astro

you are always agreat

thanks for a stories

sorry for the late ,i was very busy

(ASTRO)
01-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Dear Friends

Finally the weekend has arrived and here I am having fun replying to your precious comments

Dear Asirat 7obah

You are magnificent indeed. Yes, the beautician realized that the lady she was doing her hair was having an affair with her husband. Thus, she decided to avenge herself. Imagine what her hair would look like when she is finished. (That is if the beautician was merciful enough to leave her hair on her poor head). Thank you Asirat for your amazing reply. I am honoured

Dear Instigator

Knight of saudienglish, you always carry the burden of watching over us much like a caring father over his beloved children. Your generous soul is the fountain of youth that we all seek to renew our zeal. Thank you for the wonderful person you are

Dear Zahra

Your presence is the sunrise to my dawning day. My post would feel incomplete without your sweet encouraging words. To your ever kind soul I am in debt

Now dear friends allow me to dedicate the next story to a friend whom we miss dearly: Enigma

Rites of Passage

He'd known her since she was very young. She was the most beautiful girl in the world, and he loved her deeply. At one time he had been her idol. Now he was losing her to another man
Eyes glistening, he kissed her cheek softly, then smiled as he gave her away to the groom

enigma
01-09-2005, 04:57 PM
[align=left]My dear brother ASTRO
No word of thanks could ever describe how grateful I am to your kindness

I hope that the nightmare of yours concerning work has finished .I wish you a peaceful academic year

Fatherhood,isn't it great. It's one of the noblest relationships among all human relations
I'm sorry to tell you that the story made my tears fall down. It reminded me of many things that I just can't express[/center]

اسيــ حبه ــرة
01-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Dear Astro

http://www.y1y1.com/hd0/albums/iconsmil/23_5_8[1].gif

I also have the hounor to be here... sharing and reading

your lovely stories.. you know what? After you post the

story I translate it then I learn more words... It's became

large.. Thanks words goes to Allah at first then to your

stories.. Keep On This Way Brother

Instigator
01-09-2005, 10:26 PM
,Dear brotherASTRO
I am so speechless in front of your so sweet
words of praise. Being addressed as the
Knight of saudienglish by you is really a
.precious medal of honor to wear
Thank you seems inadquate word to say
.for the kind and friendly person you are

.....Back to the last short story

I think that the caring and loving man was
the father of the most beautiful girl in the
world who was the bride. He really loved
her deeply. At her wedding day, he kissed
her cheek softly with his full of tears
glistening eyes. Then, he smiled and gave
.her to that man who was her husband

زهرة وفى
02-09-2005, 02:37 AM
my magnificent dear
Astro

really ,thanks for your effort

i can't describe to tell you when i am seeing anew story
million thanks

the last story is tragdy for me
i felt with sorrow and my tear on my cheek

(ASTRO)
04-09-2005, 12:30 AM
Dear Friends

Words of appreciation will never be enough for your sweet replies. Your endless kindness is the ocean that keeps my sunken treasures safe in its depths
I am sadened by the sorrowful memories my story has aroused within you ladies. May God fill your hearts with joy and love

Unfortunately the next story is a sad one, too

It Was a Year Ago

A slight breeze blew as Doug stood staring down at Joey
" Helllo, Joey," said Doug
Silence surrounded the two of them
"Joey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I didn't. And Joey-- Merry Christmas."
Doug placed a rose on Joey's tombstone and walked away
"Can you ever forgive me," he asked, "for driving home drunk?" 0

Instigator
04-09-2005, 01:10 AM
............I think that
one year ago, Doug and Joey were
.driving home back in Christmas evening
Unfortunately, Doug was drunk. So, Doug
made a terrible accident which was the
.reason of Joey's death
While Doug was standing nearby Joey's
tombstone holding a rose in the cemetery
where Joey was buried, a slight breeze blew
Then, Doug was having a word with Joey
.and asking Joey to forgive him
.Finally, Doug placed a rose and walked away

,Dear brother ASTRO
that was a so touching short story filled
my eyes with a lot of tears reminding me
of some best friends and relatives died
.because of terrible car accidents

.Thanks a lot for your great efforts
.I hope to see more from you
.Keep it up

زهرة وفى
04-09-2005, 11:29 PM
my magnificent dear
Astro
thanks for your tragedy story
i feel with sorrow about A car accident for young
thanks darling keep on please

enigma
05-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Sometimes it's just too hard to let go

(ASTRO)
08-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Dear Friends

I guess with the coming of school, writing here will become a weekly habit. Time is just too short for anyhting these days

Dear Instigator

As always, you never cease to amaze me with your swift and smart replies. It's people like you who keep pushing the world forward. Thank you for your soaring spirit

Dear Zahra

Your sensitive soul is something we miss dearly in our lives. Your presence is a guiding star for those who seek affection. Thank you dear sister for your words. They mean a lot to me

Dear Enigma

Short, precise and to to the point. That's how you always amaze me with your replies. The great way you perceive things in life add an unmistakable flavour to your words. I wouldn't be telling a secret if I said that I enjoy reading your replies more than my topics. Thank you dear sister for crowning my topic with your great style

Ok. Time for another story. I hope you will like this one

Lsat Flight

On a Greyhound bound for the Grand Canyon, she traveled unnoticed among the tourists, but carried no luggage or sensible shoes
The driver slowed, announcing, "Scenic overlook ahead."0
Passengers unloaded, fumbling for binoculars and cameras
She stepped close to the edge. It had gone on long enough. Fight or flight? Fight or flight? 0
Flight

PS: Greyhound is a company that operates buses much like SAPTCO here

enigma
08-09-2005, 11:14 PM
Dear ASTRO

Reading your sweet words filled my heart with joy.I'm flying without wings

As if I'm watching a movie I visualized the story.The writer gave me an ability to picture the situation.Isn't he great?? 0

The poor lady was,as I got it,depressed.She walked into the bus unnoticed and had no idea that " she " not the view expected by the passengers will be " scenic " 0
I wonder what made her reach that point of severe depression and end her life in such a dramatic way. I bet he's a man cause as I think " Behind any miserable or sad woman there's a man " :D 0
In French the say : " Chercher la femme " but I guess they should say " Chercher l'homme " 0

I can't wait to read your interpretation

(ASTRO)
17-09-2005, 06:15 PM
WOW! The beginning of this year came heavier than we anticipated. It weighed like a giant monster with its crushing steps. Noise, chaoes, sweat, books, cars, money, day, night, school all rambled in and out of our lives like the music of a mad man. Thank God it's over! At least for now

Dear Enigma

Can you ever find it in your big heart to forgive me for being late in replying to you? There is no excuse for keeping a lady waiting specially when she is as graceful as yourself. Please, accept my humble apologies

As to the story, I stand speechless before your eloquent and amzing interpretation. Nothing can be added to your brilliant words. Yes, the girl reached a dead end or as Ernest Hemingway would pu it " faced the wall " I guess the sentence: "It had gone long enough" explains it all. The pain, the misery, the suffering and probably the humulation had gone long enough. Something had to be done to put an end to it. Yet, the question remains, "Has it really ended?" I wonder

Now, dear sweet friends lets sail the sea of wonder

The Promise

" I'm opposed to it. It's wrong "
" Lying there relying entirely on tubes, drips and pumps is right? "
"She's alive"
"And our promise to let her die with dignity?"
"But she gave us our lives"
"Then we owe her dignity in death"
"Yes ... I suppose ....dear God"
The night wind blew
"Doctor, my brother and I----l"

book2
17-09-2005, 09:05 PM
thanks dear.
but iam frustrated
because u can talk very good . althugh iam english teacher i can not talk like u . can u tell me what is your job? how do u learn english please

(ASTRO)
20-09-2005, 03:35 PM
Dear Book 2

It is both exciting and honoring for me to read your kind words. Your complementary remarks made me proud of myself. Thank you so much. As to your question, I work as a teacher at high school. I enjoy my work specially with the third grade students. But my heart goes to the English language. Since the early days of my secondary school, I have fell in love with this wonderful language. I started reading novels when I was 18 years old. I used to save my allownace so that I could buy them. It was like watching the movies to me. I would read the novel and imagine the events and characters. I hungered for learning the words and grammar so that I would get the right image in my mind. Soon, I learned to enjoy reading the sentences themselves. The rythem, structures, vocabulary would dance in my mind. I would read a sentence more than once and then read it aloud to enjoy listening to it. Words written by great authors seem to sing by themselves. You only need to listen to them

Dear Brother
Seek not books that use the language but books that celebrate the language. In a medical book the writer aims to explain and teach, but in a novel the author paints a portrait with the colors of words and letters

Once again, I find myself humbled by your sweet and kind words. Thank you

enigma
20-09-2005, 11:46 PM
[align=left]Another open ending
Life supporting machines have always been an issue to me.You cannot easily unplug them and wait to see someones life just fading away.You cannot either leave a beloved one lie there in oblivion

I really as I said earlier can't be with or against it.But as Muslims we should leave things to god's will

Dear ASTRO
I guess I told you before that I do give excuses to people so you are excused [/center]

اسيــ حبه ــرة
22-09-2005, 01:24 PM
I have read this story before but I can't remember

where... It's really sad story..

Waiting for the next

زهرة وفى
24-09-2005, 02:43 AM
my dear Astro

sorry sorry sorry for the late :( :( :( :(
i read your story but my think and mindis busy in the study and school
thanks darling

زهرة وفى