المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Quick review of Linguistics

postgraduate
09-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Well ,it is such a big deal when talking about Linguistics.At the same time ,it sounds such an enjoyable matter.Here ,I am gonna try to put some of my backgrounds.Here they are>>>>>and forget me if something is missing because I will just mention some basics not all

Linguistics .the study of the different aspects of the language((the language science feilds)) this science actually could be represented in branches such as the following

First :- Phonetics the study of Speech sounds As we know ((as majors in English))that sounds in English could be Eiether Consonants or Vowels
Consonants are either voiced or voiceless according on where and how they are pronounced.For example, Place of manner represents the place where they are pronounced such as Bilibial ((From the two lips together))
Such as B and P .Or the sound may be pronounced as if it is Lebio-dental such as F and V and so on .

Second:- Semantics the study of the meaning of words ,sentences and so on
For example:- Ahmad plays football every day .
Semantics focuses on the meaning of words such as Play and every day

Then:-Pragmatics :- the study of the hidden meaning of the sentences such as the following one
(( I think it is very hot today))
Here the speaker wants something .It is not important to focus on the words he utters.May be he wants the hearer to turn on the air-conditioning machine

After that :- Syntax :- the study of the structure of the sentences .For example, the teacher explained the lesson well .
Syntax focuses on the parts of the sentence . So, this sentence could be divided into three parts as the following
NP ((for the noun phrase))the teacher, and VP ((For the Verb phrase))explained ,and NP again for the noun phrase (( the lesson)) I know it is something complicated ,but it is really enjoyable

ام بسمه
09-08-2008, 11:52 PM
A v. useful subject
Thanks for the great effort

postgraduate
09-08-2008, 11:57 PM
You are welcome.Nice to be here

الإسلام تاجي
11-09-2008, 02:11 PM
(postgraduate)

.I'd like to thank you for this useful topic

.May Allah bless you

أماني آمال
11-09-2008, 02:23 PM
thanks a lot for that good sumary
accept my passing

ريما الحسين
13-09-2008, 12:53 AM
really nice topic I enjoyed alot

thanks dear

postgraduate
13-09-2008, 06:11 PM
الإسلام تاجي

You are always welcome .Thanks alot dear.I am really delighted that you liked it

postgraduate
13-09-2008, 06:13 PM
أماني آمال

You are welcome .Your passing is appreciated for you .Thanks for being here

postgraduate
13-09-2008, 06:15 PM
موضي الحسين

How nice it is to be here !!You are welconme ,,glad to see you again

Try To Reach
14-09-2008, 05:02 AM
Allah bless ya bro

thanx a lot

my regards

postgraduate
14-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Try To Reach

Your being here is welcome.Thanks bro for your kind passing .

جاسم العنزي
05-10-2008, 03:22 AM
Thanks Alot

postgraduate
05-10-2008, 11:05 PM
جاسم العنزي

You are welcome.....Thanks for being here