المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Something Aught to Be Done

dead
10-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Hello everyone and watch out! If you are oversensitive or you
have an ego problem

Don’t read my thread.

As I can see that most of the dominant members here are either English teachers or English major holders.
I hereby address the English teachers.

Dears YOU SHOCK ME!!!

The language you use is unprofessional. It has spelling and grammatical mistakes.

You speak Arabic English; there are some phrases used in your writings that confuse the reader who doesn’t speak Arabic because they do not exist in English.

Teachers or not, no one correct mistakes!!! Which makes me wonder how your English could be improved if you keep making the same mistakes over and over again?

Moreover, if a member corrects another member’s mistakes he/she get offended and either thank him/her coldly or just ignore that remark. Don’t you know that correction is an essential step in the learning process!

Teachers you need to work on your language.

NO OFFENCE .

schlong
11-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Hello everyone and watch out! If you are oversensitive or you
have an ego problem

Don’t read my thread.

As I can see that most of the dominant members here are either English teachers or English major holders.
I hereby address the English teachers.

Dears YOU SHOCK ME!!!

The language you use is unprofessional. It has spelling and grammatical mistakes.

You speak Arabic English; there are some phrases used in your writings that confuse the reader who doesn’t speak Arabic because they do not exist in English.

Teachers or not, no one correct(s) mistakes!!! Which makes me wonder how your English could be improved if you keep making the same mistakes over and over again?

Moreover, if a member corrects another member’s mistakes he/she get offended and either thank him/her coldly or just ignore that remark. Don’t you know that correction is an essential step in the learning process!:smile (74):

Teachers you need to work on your language.

NO OFFENCE .

wow...I guess you are so tricky person .You wrote a subject regarding correction of mistakes and at the same time you inserted a few mistakes to trap me .You are good .Ok,I will pin point one .

dead
11-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Thank you very much for correcting me.

Who is next?

•0سحآبة خِير0•
11-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Thanx alot dear

star_gurl
11-08-2008, 06:32 PM
yeah, i guess i'm one of the ppl with mistakes but i'll try my best anyway

thankx for the observation

schlong
13-08-2008, 09:02 AM
)(Y) yeah,)(I) i guess (I) i'm one of the ppl(people) with mistakes but(I) i'll try my best anyway

thankx(thanks) for the observation

Yes ,you are .http://www.saudienglish.net/vb/images/smilies/smile%20(80).gif

postgraduate
13-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Ohh it is really an interesting topic.However, some mistakes you have already mentioned could be occured spontaneously.So, such mistakes like spelling,some grammatical errors are not delibrately((On purpose)) done.The member ((while writing down his/her text or topic ,and due to his/her being in a hurry always))could commit such mistakes by mistake.Have you got ((gotten )) my point here ? I hope so.Let us be hopeful always and try to feel self-confident of ourselves.Thanks again

schlong
14-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Ohh it is really an interesting topic.However, some mistakes you have already mentioned could be occured spontaneously.So, such mistakes like spelling,some grammatical errors are not delibrately((On purpose)) done.The member ((while writing down his/her text or topic ,and due to his/her being in a hurry always))could commit such mistakes by mistake.Have you got ((gotten )) my point here ? I hope so.Let us be hopeful always and try to feel self-confident of ourselves.Thanks again

:smile (40)::smile (40)::smile (40):

dead
14-08-2008, 04:13 PM

Do you know what is the problem dear postgraduate?
People control our self-esteem.
So if they praise us our self-esteem is high. If they don’t then it is low.
I’m not against praise unless it becomes the purpose of my writing. If the members in this forum are here for this, then enjoy it. But I’m not. I’m here to learn. I’ve got lots of things to fill in my time with. I don’t want to waste it on praise. I need to express myself in written English from time to time. I looked for a place to do so. I still think that this is a good place for me, though some of my posts were deleted by the moderators of the forum.
Dear, I know that mistakes are not done on purpose, that’s why they are called mistakes. Otherwise, they would have been called something else. But, we should be aware of what we write. This forum is not visited by Saudis only “ though it is called Saudi English” unless it is intentionally done; that this is the way English teachers think and speak in Saudi Arabia.
Thank you.

Dr.future
15-08-2008, 07:12 PM
hey you...lol

Firstly, I appreciate your suggestion and criticism and I totally agree
100% with you. Most of members or visitors are teachers or people who
are interested in languages. I could say that most of spelling mistakes due to
the way you type on your PC (let me clarify more here< what I mean and I wanna
be frank most of members aren't well-educated in terms of hand typing ) and that
makes them type slowly or using fingers to find out the letters. So,this is what we have
to improve and this is what I mean. It doesn't mean that the member doesn't know the spelling
or what does he/she write? but what we call it " disability of hand typing" which is easy to be improved.
I might be disagreed but keep that in mind because I was having the same problem till I trained myself
and be like now. No spelling mistakes anymore.
I would suggest that if we determine someone who has a time and announce that he/she is the Editor
of this forum. There should be at least 10 or 15 editors of course.

finally, Mr.dead , I really thank you for your suggestion because we don't have much time to waste & I
welcome anyone who wants to correct me.

I wish you keep going Mr.dead and realive again instead of dead >>>joking

I wish you the best pen-friend

Dr.future
15-08-2008, 07:16 PM
by the way I just got through again and found this mistake

Moreover, if a member corrects another member’s mistakes he/she get offended and either thank him/her coldly or just ignore that remark. Don’t you know that correction is an essential step in the learning process!

He/She gets

best wishes

dead
15-08-2008, 07:23 PM
by the way I just got through again and found this mistake

He/She gets

best wishes

Thank you very much for correcting me.
:smile (38):
Who is next?

dead
15-08-2008, 07:40 PM
hey you...lol

Firstly, I appreciate your suggestion and criticism and I totally agree
100% with you. Most of members or visitors are teachers or people who
are interested in languages. I could say that most of spelling mistakes due to
the way you type on your PC (let me clarify more here< what I mean and I wanna
be frank most of members aren't well-educated in terms of hand typing ) and that
makes them type slowly or using fingers to find out the letters. So,this is what we have
to improve and this is what I mean. It doesn't mean that the member doesn't know the spelling
or what does he/she write? but what we call it " disability of hand typing" which is easy to be improved.
I might be disagreed but keep that in mind because I was having the same problem till I trained myself
and be like now. No spelling mistakes anymore.
I would suggest that if we determine someone who has a time and announce that he/she is the Editor
of this forum. There should be at least 10 or 15 editors of course.

finally, Mr.dead , I really thank you for your suggestion because we don't have much time to waste & I
welcome anyone who wants to correct me.

I wish you keep going Mr.dead and realive again instead of dead >>>joking

I wish you the best pen-friend

I appreciate your positive attitude.

postgraduate
16-08-2008, 12:23 AM
Hey my sister/brother dead,do not misundestand me!!!I am with you 100&#37;.I, for a certain ,believe that without mistakes we can not learn .You are right with everything you have just clarified.What I am trying to drive at is, that blaming ourselves always may have a bad impression about ourselves.Let us make a ladder of success from our mistakes .No matter if we commit some mistakes .You know/ having mistakes is much more better than non. Every body makes mistakes.Thanks for that courage of presenting a topic like this

lingo
16-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Ohh it is really an interesting topic.However, some mistakes you have already mentioned could be occured spontaneously.So, such mistakes like spelling,some grammatical errors are not delibrately Deliberately ((On purpose)) done.The member ((while writing down his/her text or topic ,and due to his/her being in a hurry always))could commit such mistakes by mistake.Have you got ((gotten )) my point here ? I hope so.Let us be hopeful always and try to feel self-confident of ourselves.Thanks again

just playing the game of editing"
http://jun03.5zar.com/index.php?url=rakf7AgRssVeGVhWKsvCyXE1mgzrXg0yaGmt &#37;2BghTT%2FYliZVlvAEVtcNcR9qllSCueql1mdA9mQ%3D%3 D

lingo
16-08-2008, 11:57 AM
http://jun03.5zar.com/index.php?url=rakf7AgRssVeGVhWKsvCyXE1mgzrXg0yaGmt &#37;2BghTT%2FYliZVlvAEVtcNcR9qllSCueql1mdA9mQ%3D%3 D

Dr. future and postgraduate, please note for the second time "dead" is a Female .It is impolite to change her gender unless you intend to do so deliberately .

أميرة بأخلاقها@
16-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks alot for your precious thread

I want to say that these mistakes are not problem they should not tie ourselves we should learn from them to enhance our skills.....Everyday I learn alot from this forum and I appreciate every member for his\her efforts

thanks alot my brothers (postgraduate&Dr.future) for your highly replies you synopsize what I want to say you summarize the reasons for these mistakes
thanks alot

Dear (dead) I agree with you my dear that we are here to learn and improve ourselves

May Allah light your life my dearest sister

accept my passing

postgraduate
16-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Lingo
Thanks for correcting.
Ameerah
Your sweet compliments always inspire us .Thanks alot.

ريما الحسين
17-08-2008, 04:37 AM
wooow thanks alot

I'm waiting more

Dr.future
17-08-2008, 03:09 PM

Dr. future and postgraduate, please note for the second time "dead" is a Female .It is impolite to change her gender unless you intend to do so deliberately .

This is what I mean :smile (74):

I do respect everyone whatever the gender is and
I just commented according to my point of view.

No means of offence,I meant

You're Most welcome Sister Dead
&
I am deeply sorry if I did sth wrong.

Keep going sister
:smile (40):

Ameerah
Thanx sister

أميرة بأخلاقها@
17-08-2008, 04:26 PM
OoOps

:smile (74):

I have a mistake here(( thanks alot my brothers (postgraduate&Dr.future) for your highly replies you ((synopsize)sum up what I want to say you summarize the reasons for these mistakes
thanks alot

:smile (84):
thank ALLAH no body catch me

:smile (98):
sorry

Dr.future
17-08-2008, 04:47 PM
OoOps

:smile (74):

I have a mistake here(( thanks alot my brothers (postgraduate&Dr.future) for your highly replies you ((synopsize)sum up what I want to say you summarize the reasons for these mistakes
thanks alot

:smile (84):
thank ALLAH no body catch me

sorry

:smile (40):

should be cought me

أميرة بأخلاقها@
17-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Dr.future

Thank you so much for correcting