المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Test or Challenge

mooleymoon
04-10-2008, 03:07 PM
alsalam 3lykm warahmat allah wabarakatoh
hello everybody… how are you
it is really nice to join this nice forum
I have got an idea and I want all the members to share it with me if possible
The idea came from a teacher who teaches history.. She is a really nice teacher and the students like her so much. They love history because of her. She is not from my school but I teach the students who were in her school. It surprised me when I distributed an identity card for the student and I asked them on it to put a role model for them and the majority wrote the name of that teacher.

almohm

I tried to ask about her and I met her personally because she is a friend of my sister.
One of her nice ideas is to change the name of the test or the exam and she call it "challenge". Even when she writes an exam she writes at the top of the page challenge 1 or challenge 2. It is totally different from the word test or exam. You know she teaches history in Arabic so they call it "tahadee"

I like that idea

I believe that when the concept of test will change, many things will change in sha Allah especially students' attitude toward the tests and how they respond on the test.
I hope everybody could participate with an idea so we can change many of our traditional concepts which cause pressure and stress upon the students.

SO Let's think about another name for
Homework / Assignment
Exam
Short Quizzes

Please think positively and let us change teaching to make it fun and enjoyable without any fear and pressure over the students

Looking for your creativity
regards
mooleymoon

rose rani
04-10-2008, 03:47 PM
thank you for this nice
it may let students to comover their fear from any test

postgraduate
04-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks alot ,,,, yes ,you are right .The concept of replacing such words with others which carry a diffierent ,simple connotation seems a very fantastic idea ! Students themselves could substitute the old deep-rooted frightened image of tests or exams as a ghost with something else -like challenge as you have just said -which helps them to be much more excited with a very high spirits >>>

Regarding to your next part ... I can see that we can change the word Homework with Task or simply with Mission which students according to it, will be rewared for .....Thanks alot

Who is next

English Lover
04-10-2008, 08:52 PM
that's a great idea

Of course when we change it to challenge it'll be so different

for best sure

I'll be here if I got any new nice name for any one

thank you mooleymoon

thank to the history teacher