المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Can you write a story?

special miss
14-04-2009, 12:39 AM
Hello again, everybody!

Do you have a wild imagination? Have you ever implied what you imagine to other people?
Have you ever thought that if you used your imagination to write a story, it could turn out to be a very good one? Well, some of my students did it and guess what! Theier stories were really great!
Further more, it helped their writing a lot!
Would you like to write a story from your own imagination?
Maybe we could read each other's stories and comment on them.
Waiting for your responses!!!:guy face (52):

اسيــ حبه ــرة
14-04-2009, 12:56 AM
Hello Special Miss :)

First of all, I love writing and my style of writing has changed
greatly during the years.

Secondly, I love stories and I read a lot of them either
in our language or in English

I have a story in mind which I long to finish in the coming
days/years. Some people are so gifted with the talent
of linking the incidents together smoothly
and that is the hardest thing I face while I'm writing :p

A friend once told me and she used to write stories
not very good but she has her own way. She told me
that if you want to write a story imagine yourself in it.
Very true thought but sometimes you have to look from
different views to this story in order to build this solid material
that will be liked by everyone.

For me, the 2 most important factors to determine the good
story writer are, imagination and language skills.

Imagination is by creating a whole world for your story so
that the reader will fly freely in it with the help of language
skills which I find very vital in these types of writing. The language
should be easy, exciting and will make the reader pass easily
from one place to the other without finding it hard to understand
or lose that link between him/her and the story.

that was what I want to share with you
I'd love to share my story if I did write it
but until then, I know yours are going to be beautiful

Gr8 topic
~ Special Miss
Thank you so much

:smile (101):

we need this kind of topics around here

special miss
14-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the encouraging words, dear أسيرة الحب
and I'm longing to read your story.
Please make me one of the first people to read it.
:smile (75):

اسيــ حبه ــرة
14-04-2009, 01:15 AM
It'll be a great pleasure if you did sweety :smile (41):

when I finish it I'll send you the 1st edition.. what say ?

special miss
14-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Hey, there!
Where are the stories?
I was sure that I'll be reading many stories today!
would you like me to start with one?
Fine!!!
But you'll have to tell me what you think, ok?
:smile (48):
I'm not great in writing short stories. So. I'll give you my story in parts...

Two Faces of Life

[SIZE="5"] [LEFT] "Raining again. When will I be able to escape this prison? Why does it have to rain when I have an important mission to accomplish? I know that I am capable of mending the secret hide-out under the rain or any bad weather but looks like Mrs. Slim knew what I am thinking about. That is why she locked me in my room until it stops raining. Richy is still asleep and that is why I am stuck in here with this stupid history book to read. Mrs.Slim thinks that it is the only way to keep me quite and let Richy have his nap in peace. Believe me, this will not work. I get even more restless when I am forced to study ".
These were the thoughts which Jimmy Harder was having as he mounted the edge of his bed, imagining it to be his little horse. His history book ended up to be used as a helmet on the boy's head. After some time, he walked to the door and turned it's nob in order to make sure if the door was locked. Ah, yes. There isn't a much secured prison, for Mrs.Slim had also locked the window. For moments, Jimmy felt sad because he could not sneek to the kitchen where he could, at most of the evenings, find the stable man, Barry. Barry was a red indian whom Mr.Harder used to take care of his horses in his large farm. Barry loved Mr.Harder's children very much and for him, they were little spirits. He used to tell them a lot of stories about the life of Indians, especially to Jimmy (since he was the one who could be seen often). Most of those stories were known as Indian ledgends. He once told Jimmy that once; two little Indians were having an adventure in the woods when they fell into the valley of braves where the great worriors used to be burried. Two little spirits rose and flew out of the valley, restless and longing to find their new masters. One of them was the spirit of the eagle and the other one was the spirit of the wolf. "Do you know who the spirits' new masters are?" Barry asked little Jimmy.
"Who are they, Kocoum?" asked Jimmy who was the only person to call Barry by his real, Indian name.
"You may not believe this, but they are two white worriors. Little in size but not in deeds. Jim and Richard".
"Me?!" cried Jimmy, excitedly.
"Yes, you are like a young wolf, full of spirit, egnorant, strong, and lively".
"But Richy is ill. Father always says that he is going to die".
"Richy is not going to die, my little worrior. He is witty and long-sighted. He has a clear mind and a pure heart. The eagle within him is still sleeping but when it wakes up, there will be no match for this young lad[/SIZE[/LEFT[/SIZE

[SIZE="5"]This is the first part of my story.
If you think that it's good, I'll write down another part of it,]]]".

اسيــ حبه ــرة
15-04-2009, 08:08 PM
wow .. that was extraordinary..

that is very good for a start and you surely have
the tools of writing inside you.. I can never write that well
even if I learned it :smile (77):

small note

Barry was a red indian

I'm not sure that you can say "red" Indian
because I think it looks like you translated what's on your mind exactly
You may write Native Americans as it written here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Americans_in_the_United_States

that's what I wanted to clear out
other than that .. IT IS PERFECT

gr8 going .. and post the second part soon
:smile (101):

special miss
16-04-2009, 01:19 AM
Thanks a lot,
أسيرة حبه for the encouraging words
I'll take your important note in consideration and I am so greatful for it. I'm really glad that you like the story.
This gives me the courage to send the second part as soon as possible.[/CENTER
[CENTER]:smile (59):]

special miss
16-04-2009, 01:24 AM
Thanks a lot,
أسيرة حبه for the encouraging words
I'll take your important note in consideration and I'm so grateful for it. I'm really glad that you like the story.
This gives me the courage to send the second part as soon as possible.[/CENTER
[CENTER]:smile (59):]

special miss
16-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Hello, again!
This is another part of my story.
I hope you like it and share your own stories to me. I would love to read them.

Two Faces of Life
The Tale of the Worriors

Mr.Harder was one of the American noble men. He was the happiest man when his son, Jim was born, for he wanted an heir to inheret his large farm and money to continue his quest of inlarging the family's wealth. Mr.Harder was so happy with his son that he did not notice how tired his wife became after giving birth to Jim. Therefore, he did not prevent her from giving birth to another child two years later. The new baby was white in an upnatural way and its hair was like strings of gold. It was so small and thin that the doctor thought that it would die in a week. Mr.Harder was angry when he heared of his second son's condition and wished to blame his wife but when he heared the doctor saying that she was very ill after giving birth to the baby, he prefered blaming the innocent creature. Mrs.Harder died four days later while the baby survived and continued living. Mr.Harder could have been sad for his wife's death but he was rather angry with little Richard, who was named by the loving chief maid, Mrs. Slim. Mr. Harder was so angry even to name the boy.
Years went by as the boys grew and made a great change into the silent house. It was rather Jim who was making most of the noise. He was a mischifous boy who would not sit still for a moment and that is why his body was always covered with scraches and cuts. Richard, on the other hand, was a quite child who had the ability to sit in a sofa in the warm library for a long time. There, he was able to read as many books as he wanted. Although he was very quite, there was something in him which was full of activity. He had a pair of deep, blue eyes with sharp gazes which made a person think twise before teasing him.
Mr.Harder never married again but tried to be a good father for his children. But, like the rest of the fathers, he had a mistake which could be simple for some people and could be majour for others. He had a favourite son and this made him a good father for one son but a bad father for the other. While Jim had all the attention he could have from his father, his brother, Richard, was totally neglected and forgotten. Richard had the feeling that he had no father and this feeling got worse after the day when he fell into his crises. It happened that Jim and Richard were playing one day infront of the house when Richard suddenly fell to the ground. It was natural for Mr.Harder and for his workers and servants to see Richard running alittle and then falling to the ground, but rising again with a little smile on his white face. But Richard did not rise on that time. Instead, he lied on ground without making a single movement. Mrs.Slim rushed to him and found him unconcious. Little Richard was taken to his bed and a doctor was sent for. After seeing the boy, he said that Richard's body was too weak to move a lot and that his bones were not strong enough to hold his body standing again. Since that day, Richard had to stay in his room for most of the day and used a wheel chair if he wanted to go somewhere inside the house. Richard felt more like an orphan since then because Mr. Harder, who used to take no notice of the boy, neglected him even more. It was all up to Mrs. Slim, who was not slim at all and who was nice and gentle to the poor boy. On the other hand, she was stricter with Jim who was so spoilt by his father that he had everything he wished to have. Even so, Richard and Jim kept close to each other and they became closer after hearing the tale about the two little spirits. Jim told Richard all about the things he did in school and about what he saw out side the house, since he loved to pretend to be a pilgrim or an adventurer and went wandering for long distances. As for Richard, he used to tell Jim what he read in books and he was clever enough to help him in his lessons.
Both of the little wolf and the little eagle did not know what awaited them in the following years.

سجى النهار
16-04-2009, 08:50 PM
nice words

BloumagrieT
17-04-2009, 02:10 PM
That's what we can call talent

Keep going

special miss

I'll join the club

special miss
17-04-2009, 07:05 PM
[CENTER]Dear friends,
Thanks for your kind words and appreciation.
I'm so glad you liked the story.[/CENTER

:girl face (196):

اسيــ حبه ــرة
18-04-2009, 05:10 PM
really really good .. mashaa Allah

Bless you my dear..

It's an excellent part .. if you keep up on this way
you'll be a very amazing short stories writer and I mean it

you have this simple words that comes from a simple
imagination .. and a way of telling a story that delivers
the plot very well..

After reading your story I became so excited to write my own

great part and I'm really looking forward to the next one

another note :)

and its hair was like strings of gold.

you were talking about the baby boy .. so I think you should have
used his hair

best of luck

special miss
18-04-2009, 07:11 PM
[SIZE="5"]
Thanks a lot for the encouraging words, dear أسيرة حبه
I'm really glad that I've presented something that you liked>
As for the baby, I was taught that if you're talking about an enfant, it would be better to say" it" because it can't use its own mind yet. Thanks for the note. I really appreciate it.[/CENTER[/SIZE
[CENTER]:smile (96):]]

اسيــ حبه ــرة
18-04-2009, 11:03 PM
^ nice to know that info
see I'm getting useful information from you :)

special miss
19-04-2009, 02:48 AM
[SIZE="5"]
Thanks for your suppor
t, my dear
I really lo[CENTER]ve hearing from you[/CENTER[/SIZE

:smile (35):]]

special miss
20-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Hi. It's me again! I hope you like the new part of my stopry but to tell the truth, I'm still waiting for your stories. I won't lose hope until I recieve them.

The Favourite Child

[SIZE="4"]"Lonely again. I should be used to the feeling of loneliness. I have been alone since the day I existed. My father never took notice of me and Jimmy feels bored around me. Maybe that is because I am not as lively as Jimmy. I wish I could be as strong as Jimmy instead of being a boy made of ash, as my father says. He seems like a stranger to me because he never speaks to me. No, let me correct this information. He did speak to me but said one simple sentence, keep quite you little bunsh of thin bones! I wonder why he was so angry. All what I did was asking for a book like that he brought to Jimmy. I know that Jimmy will not read it. He is not interested in geography while I like it very much ".
[ Little Richy was reading silently in a quite corner of the living room where he hoped not to be seen by his father. "Richy, dear", called Mrs.Slim as she came into the room. "Do you feel alright to sit in this corner?"
"I am alright, Mrs.Slim".
"I am not sure that you are saying the truth. You were sick last night from crying so much. You're father should have been more gentle".
"It is alright. I should've been stronger and not weak to cry over anything my father says".
"Still, he didn't have a reason to be angry. He never yells at Jimmy!"
"That is because Jimmy is not weak like me. He can go hunting with father or tame the horses with him while I can't. I wish I had a stronger body like Jimmy's!"
"But you have a head better than Jimmy's empty head. You play the piano and the violen beautifully. You can even write fine pieces of poetry".
"I guess so, but all of this isn't comprable to the ability of walking on your own legs and without using the wheel-chair".
Their discussion was interupted by the sound of the main gate opening. "It's father!" Richy said in a shaky voice. "Please, don't give him any hint that I'm sitting here. He won't see me if I sat very still". It was not long befor they heard Mr.Harder's heavy footsteps approaching the room. Richy's heart froze with fear as he watched the tall, broad-shouldered man coming into the room with the usuall hard look on his face. It was hard for him to breath freely because he feared that his father might notice him if he heard his breathes.
"Where is Jim?" he asked Mrs.Slim.
"He went out to play as usuall, Mr.Harder".
"What a shame. I wanted him to see what I've brought him. It’s the whip which he always wanted".
"You know that I'm honost, Mr.Harder. And I'd say honostly that I'd like to beat the spoilt boy with this whip".
"Have you lost your senses, woman?! He is the master after me and I wish he'd be treated respectfully".
"You never said this about young master Richard".
"What is the use of him? I've always knew that this boy was born only to die".
Richard's chest moved faster. He wanted to move the wheels of his chair as fast as possible in order to escape from the room but he feared making his presence noticed. That is why he stayed still.
"He won't die if you gave him more attention!" said Mrs.Slim.
"It's useless to do so, Mrs.Slim. Jim is the one who will live long enough to grow up and handle the matters of the farm and the lands. Richard won't live to accomplish these matters".
They were interrupted by Jimmy who came running into the room, looking as dirty and untidy as he ever had been. He looked as if he had a fight in a mud swamp.
"Good Lord!" cried Mrs.Slim. "What on earth happened to you, Jimmy?"
"It's nothing really!" laughed Jimmy. "I only had a fight with Mike Green".
"Don't tell me that you let him beat you!" cried Mr.Harder.
"No, father. I gave him a black eye".
"That’s my boy! You really deserve the present I've brought you".
"The whip!" cried Jimmy delightfully as he snatched the whip from his father's hands. "Now, I can tame that stubborn horse you brought last week".
"Not so fast, young man", said Mrs.Slim as she cought him befor he runs away. "Not befor you take a bath".
"Do I have to?"
"Otherwise, you won't have any supper".
"Mrs.Slim!" cried Mr.Harder. "I won't allow you to pevent my son from eating".
"Richy!" cried Jimmy, as he broke free from Mrs.Slim's grasp and ran to Richy who was red with anger and shaking with fear. "I didn’t see you!" said Jimmy in complete innocence. "How long have you been sitting here?" Oh, how much did Richy wish to punch him on the nose! How dare he reveal his hiding place? He sat in complete silence. "You should've made your presence known, young man!" said Mr.Harder angerly. He walked towards the shaking boy and was about to shower him with his usual hard words when something happened. For the first time, Richy raised his head and looked into his father's eyes. The looks in his eyes were a mixture of pain and anger and they were enough to make Mr.Harder stand still with a blank expression on his face. Richy, silently, turned the wheels of his chair and left the room, leaving everybody in a shock.

اسيــ حبه ــرة
24-04-2009, 10:27 AM
gr8 part..

loved the last paragraph when Richy gave
his father that hard look .. sounds so novelish

Jimmy loves his brother but he doesn't know that
his father's over the top spoily acts are effecting
Richy's life.. very good

but i hope you had a twist in your mind at the end

can't wait for the next part

special miss
24-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks a lot, my dear! I'm so glad that you loved it.
I'm encouraged to send the following part soon.
Your comments are very wonderful and appreciated
guy face (52):[/CENTER]

اسيــ حبه ــرة
25-04-2009, 10:45 PM
I'm curious .. how do u get these ideas??

do u have a special strategy to write in this way?

special miss
26-04-2009, 09:46 PM
My dear friend, أسيرة حبه
The thing is I have a very wild imagination that I have to use somehow. So, I live certain stories that I imagine.
And now, I'm glad that I can tell others about it. And I feel very very happy when people tell me that they like my stories.
I don't follow a certain startegy in writing but I read a lot. In fact, I have my own library in my room.
Thanks a lot for your interest. I'd be delighted if you'd send me your work. I'm sure it'll be great just like you.

:smile (65):

BloumagrieT
26-04-2009, 11:00 PM
special miss

Masah'a Allah

What an enchanting talent you have

I've enjoyed what I've read till now dearest

If you allow me to make some notes here concerning "red indian" , ot's correct

you can use it or use Native American .Both of them are correct

Keep the charm on going sweetie

Wish all the best in your life

The story is sticky

Thanks dear for being here

BloumagrieT
26-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Let's now .. Let me talk about the characters..

Mr. Harder : He is a face that can be seen everywhere..

A father who focuses only on his fortune and who's gonna be the heir of

family business after him.. I think one day he'll suffer from a big loss..

I really feel sorry for his injust way of treating his sons.

Jimmy: He is the active and lively boy .. May be Mrs. Slim thinks he's spoilt but

he loves his brother.. I think he's a carefree boy till now and may be irresponsible !!

Richard: He is poor and always mistreated from his father who's feeding him with

harsh feelings and painful words.. I don't know if his heart will explode one day

negatively !! I don't know how he is going to turn out when the time pass by

cause he is really really sharp, intelligent, lonely and filled with anger and jealousy if I could say so.

Dr.future
26-04-2009, 11:52 PM
wow

Well done indeed

You're doing great job Miss

Just keep up such tremendous imagination

I wish you the best

special miss
27-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks a lot, everybody for your great responses! I really feel overjoyed.
:girl face (107):
Dear supervisor, SoOoSoOo
Thank you for your out-standing massages and a very BIG THANKS for supporting my story and noting my participation as a special one. Your words encourage me to really do my best.

Dr. Future, YOur words are really encouraging. I'm glad to know that you approve of my story. Thank you for your kind words.

My dear أسيرة حبه
Since I've started writing this story, You've been there to read every line and tell me how much you've enjoyed it. I thank you so much for your lovely words

And I'd like to thank all those who read the story and thought that it was worth their time. And if you'd like to read the rest of the story, I'd be glad to continue writing it here.
:girl face (186):

اسيــ حبه ــرة
27-04-2009, 05:24 PM
"red indian" , it's correct

really?
I never heard native speakers say it
I thought it was wrong

sorry Special Miss :D

I'd be delighted if you'd send me your work. I'm sure it'll be great just like you

ohhh sweety, I'll be happy to do so.. but I'm so lazy now to complete my story
maybe after I finish my college I'll get more time for it

Since I've started writing this story, You've been there to read every line and tell me how much you've enjoyed it. I thank you so much for your lovely words

don't mention it.. I was happy to read them.. such talent CAN'T go unnoticed
u deserve it

my sincere wishes
:rose3:

special miss
28-04-2009, 07:38 PM
[:Hi again, everone
I've been so glad with your responses that I felt tempted to send you another part of my story, knowing that someday I'll read yours.
I hope you don't get bored. I told you that I'm not good in writing SHORT stories because whenever I want to end it, I feel that there are more things to add. Here's the new part. I hope that you like it: :girl face (186):

Richy did not have any appetite for food that day. Usually, he used to eat what was enough to keep him alive. He was used to eating alone in his room where Mrs.Slim brought him the meals. But it was different on that day. Richy was so angry that he did not touch his food and he did not want to talk to anyone. It was simply because he believed that no one could understand him. He did not know that the servents in the house were worried about him. He did not know that they liked him very much because of his gentle, good treatment to them. They were too busy worrying to pay attention to Jimmy. The little devil sneaked into the kitchen where he found a pie which the cook had made for dessert. He wasn't able to defeat the temptation of the big, good smelling cherry pie and that is why the plate was empty when the cook returned to have a look at his pie. Jimmy became sick after over felling his stomach with the pie and this caused his father to be worried. "I can't believe this, sir!" said Mrs.Slim. "You've never felt worried about Master Richard like this".
"Why should I?! If you want me to worry about him, I'll be worried continuously for the rest of his life".
"At least, he doesn’t give me much trouble like Jimmy does. He didn’t stop whining and acting like a baby. Richy never makes a sound, but lies quietly in his bed".
"That’s because he is used to the pain, Mrs.Slim".
"Any way, sir, these exciting events made me forget to give you this letter", she said, handing him a letter."It has arrived this morning".
Mr.Harder opened the letter and read it. No longer had he finished reading it, he gave a loud cry. "Heavens! Aunt Martha is coming for a visit next week".
"Well, I'm glad. Richy will be so happy".
"Why should she come now? I didn’t expect her to come back since the fight we had last year".
"Sir, the cause of that fight was very silly and and I'm sure that Mrs.Clame was kind enough to forget all about it".
"Silly! What is silly about my son's behaviour!? She fought with me because she thought that I can’t be a good father for Jim. She thought that I caused him to have very shameful attitudes".
"But Jimmy was guilty, sir. What he had done was horrible, you know".
"No, it wasn’t. She couldn’t take the lad's joke properly".
"Joke! Do you call putting a snake in the lady's dress a joke, sir?! The poor woman nearly died of fear!"
"Enough of that, Mrs.Slim", cried Mr.Harder, feeling tired of speaking of the subject and maybe he did not want to discuss the matter because he did not find a convencing reason to defend his son with. "Make everything ready to greet the lady. I don’t want to hear any complaints from her". He was interrupted by Barry who told him that Mr.Tomson, the owner of the neibouring farm, was demanding to see him. Mr.Harder went out to find out what the man wanted, hoping that it wasn’t another complaint of his son. As he stepped out to see Mr.Tomson, he cried: "Whatever it is, Jim didn’t do it!"
"Why don’t you ask about the matter befor defending your son, Mr.Harder?" asked Mr.Tomson angerly while showing a number of broken eggs.
"You can't assume that Jim did this", said Mr.Harder, confidently.
"And why is that?"
"Because Jim is in his bed right now and he is not feeling well".
"But I assume your son was wearing brown pants, wasn’t he?"
"What does this prove?" Mr.Harder was astonished when Mr.Tomson pulled a piece of brown cloth out of his pocket.
"My dog was able to bite this of the boy's pants as he was trying to escape", said Mr.Tomson, patting his dog's head.
"But you can't prove that it belongs to Jim!" As soon as Mr.Harder finished his sentence, Mr.Tomson's dog began parking at something hanging from the tree next to them. The two men looked up and were surprised to see Jimmy hanging from a branch. He was trying to sneek into his room through the window near the branch. When Mr.Harder saw that there was a piece of cloth torn of Jim's brown pants, his ears became red with anger and imbarressment.
"Does this mean that I can save you the trouble of climbing the tree after me and climb down?" grinned Jimmy.
"What an unusual kind of fruit your trees produce, Mr.Harder!" laughed Mr.Tomson.

Aunt Martha

Martha Clame was Mr.Harder's aunt, his mother's sister, whom he always thought about as a troublesome person. He hated her long lectures about good management and fatherhood. Aunt Martha was so fond of Richy and thought of him as a very bright lad. On the other hand she was rather strict with Jimmy who hated her visits. That was his reason for trying to get rid of her whenever she paid them a visit.
It was the day of Aunt Martha's arrival. Everything was ready. The house was so clean that everything in it shone, flowers were put in each room and Jimmy was told a hundred times to behave. Richy was so excited that he asked Mrs.Slim to allow him to greet Aunt Martha out side but Mrs.Slim ,who was concerned with his delecate health, allowed him only to greet her at the door step. Aunt Martha arrived to find everyone waiting for her."Why, Richard! You look as bright as ever", she told Richy as she gave him a hug and a kiss on his forehead. "It's good to see you again, Aunt Martha", greeted Mr.Harder. "Don’t lie to me, now, John", she replied. "I know that you're not happy to see me but I had to come back to see what you’ve been doing wrong without my advice. And where is the little divel whom you’ve created. Jim, move a way from those curtains", she said as she walked to the curtains at the end of the room and opened them to find Jimmy hiding behind them. "Now, is this a proper way to meet your Aunt Martha?" she said, hugging him.
Although Aunt Martha was tired from the long journy, she prefered to sit alittle with the boys befor going to rest in her room. She, for the hundredth time, reminded Mr.Harder of how well he used to behave when she was incharge of the house during his parents' usual absence. Oh, how much Mr.Harder hated this topic to be told infront of his sons, especially when she told about the many times she spanked him. He was so glad when she went to her room, leaving him in peace. Jimmy did not like her visits either and planned a warm welcome to please his Aunt Martha. He knew that his Aunt Martha loved frogs. In fact, she loved them so much that whenever she saw one of them, the house would echo her loud scream which could be heard for miles. That is why he went out before dinner time to bring the precious gift for Aunt Martha.
At supper time, it was surprising to find Jimmy sitting in his place at the table without troubling anyone to search for him as usual. "Well, I consider this an improvement, Jim", said Aunt Martha as she sat to have dinner. "John", she called Mr.Harder. "I think I told you to make Richard have his dinner in the dining room. I don’t know how hard hearted you are to let your son have his supper alone". Richy was brought down and was seated in a seat next to Aunt Martha. The servents served the plates, covered as Aunt Martha had ordered. "Well, Jim", she said to Jimmy. "I can notice some improvement in your behaviour. You didn’t tear up your shirt as usual".
"I m not sure about this, Aunt Martha", said Richy in a calm voice.
"What do you mean, Richard?", she asked.
"The thread used in his sleave was white in the morning. I don’t know how it turned blue in the evening, Aunt Martha".
"Why, Jim!" cried Aunt Martha. "You've sewn it again, didn’t you?! You're as clumsy as ever".
O, how much Jimmy wished that he had put the frog in Richy's plate instead of Aunt Martha's but the loud scream which Aunt Martha gave made him feel better.
"Jim!" cried Aunt Martha, angerly. "You won't have any supper tonight!"
"But this is unfair, Aunt Martha!" cried Mr.Harder. "You punish the boy instead of rewarding him for sewing his shirt to please you!"
"What are you saying, John?! When will you stop defending your son's mistakes?"
"But it is Richard who should be punished for telling on his brother".
"You can't prevent the boy from eating! He is barely alive".
"It's alright. I expect him to die, any way".
Those words were the last straw which broke the mule's back. Richard couldn’t indure his father's hard words any more. He wanted to leave his chair to mount his wheel-chair and leave the room. But, since his legs were so weak to carry him, he fell to the floor. Jimmy harried to help him up but as he touched his hand, Richy gave a loud cry of anger. "Leave me alone!", he cried while pulling his hand away from Jimmy's. He tried to get up several times before the servents put him in his wheel-chair. Richard felt weak and useless but there was another feeling which was so fearful to him. He felt dead.
"Jim", Aunt Martha said, standing up. "I want to see you in the liberary when you finish your supper". Jimmy knew very well that Aunt Martha will scold him because of his behaviour but he also knew that she will be very angry with him if he didn’t go to see her as she asked. He went into the liberary to find Aunt Martha standing infront of the fire place."Sit down, Jim", she told him, pointing to a chair in the middle of the room. "Listen to me carefully, Jim", she said as she turned to face him, giving her back to the fire place. "I want you to know that I don’t like the way you behave. You must put in your tiny, little head that life is not a place for fun only. You must work on improving your behaviour and your lessons in order to be a gentle man and be able to go to one of the best schools". Aunt Martha was busy talking to the boy that she did not notice that her long skirt had cought fire.
"Aunt Martha!" interrupted Jimmy.
"Now, Jim!" she said, angerly. "You know it isn't polite to interrupt people".
"But, Aunt Martha..."
"Jim, how impolite of you!" cried Aunt Martha, feeling her anger increasing. But her anger turned into fear when she smilled something burning and turned around to find her skirt on fire. Jim laughed and laughed, watching his aunt running about the room, screaming at the top of her lungs. The servents rushed into the room to know the cause of the horrible screams and were shocked to see Aunt Martha jumping around the room while Jimmy was laughing hystorically at the situation. "Heavens! Somebody, bring some water!" cried Aunt Martha. It was Mrs.Slim who brought a pocket of water and boured it on Aunt Martha. Jimmy fell to the floor, laughing so hard that his eyes were full of tears. Aunt Martha stood, glaring at him in innormous anger.
"Why didn’t you warn me, Jim?" she asked him, angerly when he calmed down and was able to sit in his seat again.
"I tried, Aunt Martha", he said with a big smile on his face. "But you said that I shouldn’t intrrupt people when they are talking".
Aunt Martha had nothing to say.

BloumagrieT
29-04-2009, 09:31 AM
special miss

eww ^^

It's a lovely part and funny part!!

I really enjoyed it..

Mr. Harder is really hateful and cruel!!

How could he say such thing about his son

"It's alright. I expect him to die, any way".

I felt so sorry for Richy.. I won't blame him if he truns out to an evil person..

http://www.saudienglish.net/vb/uploaded/682_01240983031.gif

I loved Jimmy though he is a nughty and carefree but he is really funny and he cares

so much about his brother..

Aunt Martha is funny and she'll go totally banana because of jimmy..

hahahahaha

I loved the fire scene so much .. It's helarious..

Keep it up sweetie.. I'll be waiting for the next part..

أســـ حبه ـــــيرة

It'll be my pleasure if you check this link

Red Indian (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Red+Indian)

The word is correct but it's considered offensive that's why you don't hear native speakers use it..

Have a nice day every one

special miss
29-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Dear, SoOoSoOo
Thanks for your lovely lines. I'm really really happy that you've liked the story.[/CENTER]

اسيــ حبه ــرة
01-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Thank you for clarifying things Soso

===

Special Miss

at this point, I'll repeat

Well done

Jimmy is so much like nowadays children
like when he said

"I tried, Aunt Martha", he said with a big smile on his face. "But you said that I shouldn’t intrrupt people when they are talking".

u don't know how much I laughed..

very well indeed

another thing, this story seems so much similar to Huckleberry Fin story
if u have read it..

special miss
02-05-2009, 01:53 AM
Thanks a lot, my dear friend
You don't know how happy I become when you shine upon my pages>
I really didn't notice the similarity between Jimmy and Huck until you mentioned it ti me.
I actually wanted to make Jimmy as naughty as I used to be when I was his age.
(You don't want to know what I'd done :smile (98 ):
:guy face (67):

special miss
06-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Hi again, everyone
How are you all doing?
I told you before that I'm not really good in writing short stories. So I have more things to add , if it's all right with you.
This is the new part
I hope you all like it/SIZE]]
:smile (39):

[SIZE="4"]The First Guests

"I believe that your house does not see the sight of people very often, John", said Aunt Martha who sat nitting by the fire while gazing at Mr.Harder. Mr.Harder, who was sitting in the opposite sofa, seemed like a child compared to the woman with the strong tone.
"Who needs people, Aunt Martha?" he answered impatiantly.
"No wonder that you have such an annoying son who doesn’t know a thing about the proper hospitality".
"Well, I know that Richard can be a little bit dull but ..."
"It's Jim whom I'm speaking about, you silly man!" she shouted, impatiantly. "And don’t you try to defend the young devil. I came up with a decission and don’t try to stop me. I'm inviting some people to spend some days with us".
"What!" shouted Mr.Harder, pushing himself of the sofa. "How could you do this to me, Aunt Martha? You know very well that I don’t get along with the type of people you like".
"You never learned how to behave in a good manner, John. You've always went astray and I don’t want the same to happen to your sons. I made a mistake when I left you and the boys alone but I won't do it again".
"But, Aunt Martha ..."
"I've already written to Mr.Sanders and invited him and his family to come and spend a couple of days here".
"You mean that Mr.James Sanders, the owner of Drairy Lawn, is coming here!?" asked Mr.Harder with a gleam of interest in his eyes.
"Yes, and I know what you're thinking. He is the owner of a great fortune since his company is doing a great progress in buisness and commerce. I know you're longing for a good buisness with the man but this visit is a chance for the boys to mingle in another kind of social practise. Mr.Sanders has come with his family from London to spend the vacation here. I've met them many times and you know that I and his wife are good friends. So, I want no word from you against this visit and I'll make the proper preparations for it".
For the following days, Aunt Martha had been busy making everything ready to receive the guests. She did not forget to talk to the boys about the good hospitality and the fine behaviour. She did not find much trouble with Richy but Jimmy was a creature who could not be trusted. He had his own ideas of the new visiters. It would have been alright if Mr.Sanders had sons instead of daughters. Jimmy, who was famouse of being a girls' hater, thought that it is horrible to indure two girls in the house and he became very upset.
On the day before the Sanders' arrival, Jimmy managed to escape from Aunt Martha's long lectures on proper hospitality and ran of to meet his friends.
"I believe you must be very upset about those guests, aren't you?" asked Tom Telney.
"You can't imagine! This Aunt Martha of mine messes everything. Now, our plans to spend a week in our hide-out are ruined".
The boys were gothered in their hide-out which was a little cottage they have built under a thick cover of bushes. The little hide-out stood near a little stream and the bushes which covered the hide-out were full of fresh barries.
"I don’t think that being around girls could be bad at all!" said Tom as a sly smile spread across his face. The boys opened their eyes and mouths wide in astonishment. They were speechless. Is this Tom, the most famous girls' hater, speaking?
"I don’t believe you're saying this, Tom!" Larry said as he removed a cover of leaves and little branshes from a little hole next to him. Out of the hole, he fetched a glass jar full of biscuits, cookies, and sweets. Looks like the barries were not enough to satisfy the boys. So, they made an oath to save the candy they get in the secret jar so that they could share it during their meetings.
"It's more horrible to hear you say such a thing, Tom ", cried Ben as he reached for a cookie.
"What are you thinking, Tom?" asked Jimmy. "I know that you have an idea whenever you say an unusual thing".
"I like your brightness, Jimmy", Tom mumbled as he stuffed his mouth with sweets. "If you can't tolerate the girls, use them for fun. This is the use of them anyway".
"Yes!" cried Ben. "You could scare them to death".
"I bet it will be more fun than scaring that old aunt of yours", laughed Larry.
"You re right!" cried Jimmy, joyfully. "Why didn’t I think of that?!"
"Maybe because you stayed with that no good brother of yours for too much", said Tom.
"Don’t talk of him that way!" Jimmy said, angerly. "You know how much I dislike ill talking about Richy".
"But, Jimmy, he can't do anything. He can't ride horses the way you do, he can't play baseball, and he can't climb trees ..." said Larry.
"I bet he can't even walk out of his room, can he, Jimmy?" teased Ben.
"Enough of his brother!" cried Tom when he saw how red Jimmy's face became because of anger.
"But this no good brother of mine", began Jimmy. "is smart. He reads a lot. He is good in history, mathematics, and even in geography although he doesn’t go to school. You aren't good in any of these things. Isn't this right, Tom?"
Tom and the boys sat silently. They could've started a fight with Jimmy but they knew how furious Jimmy could be when he gets angry. Larry, who was the biggest boy among them, couldn’t forget the pain which Jimmy caused him when he punched him on his face and broke two of his teeth. They knew very well that it was difficult to calm Jimmy down when he was angry.

BloumagrieT
08-05-2009, 04:14 PM
special miss

You're so special indeed

This shows how much Jimmy loves his brother, Richy.

It's short but good enough dear

I'll be waiting for the next part.. There'll be more action in it..

I don't know but we and little Jimmy shouldn't under estimate girls

hehehehe

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff78/SavoryTina/FallAutumnTags/welldone-vi.gif

http://www.wondercliparts.com/good_day/graphics/good_day_graphics_08.gif

special miss
11-05-2009, 05:08 PM
[CENTER]Dear, SoOoSoOo
Thanks a lot for your beautiful lines.
I'm really encouraged to write more and more.
The next part is coming soon....
:smile (81):

M.o_o.N
19-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Wow thats soOoOOo great huny

you just reminded me with my own stories lol

check them out and tell me what do u think all???

http://www.saudienglish.net/vb/showthread.php?t=44722

*__*

have a good time ^_^

»Glamour«
25-05-2009, 06:14 PM
wo0o0w it's a good idea

keep going

i'll try to write short story

thank you
miss special

special miss
26-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks a lot, everybody for the beautiful responses.
I'm sorry that I wasn't able to be here for some time because of mysickness
but I'll try to make up for that
:girl face (107):.

The First Meeting

"Morning at last! I thought it will never stop raining. I've heared Mrs.Slim once saying that if it rained for a whole night, it is a sign of bad luck. Maybe my father is going to do something bad to me to embarress infront of his guests whom are supposed to arrive today. They will surely hate me just like my father. That’s what I'm used to. But Barry said once that raining for a whole night is a sign of good luck. Maybe I could be lucky for once in my life and my father will leave me alone. Jimmy got depressed when he knew that the Sanders have no sons to play with, but he got over it when Tom Telney told him that it is even better because he will have the chance to bully the two girls. I don’t like Tom. He is very mean. He saw me only once when I was reading by my window and he laughed at me. He even called me little Miss Richy. I think that Jimmy likes him because he is the rudest and toughest boy around. I think that he didn’t notice his big belly, his square shaped head or his nose which is similar to that of a pig".
Richy lay still in bed. He had no desire of getting up or having breakfast. He looked towards the window which hid behind the curtains. If only he could walk to the window to open it and feel the morning breez touching his pale cheeks. It was no use of wishing for all this. All what Richy was able to do was to climb into his wheel-chair, which was next to him, and turn its wheels to move towards the window. As he drew the curtains and let the lights of dawn slip into his room. He took a look outside, into the garden. There, something made him have another closer look. He had read so many fairy tails. One of them was about Snow White, a princess whom he thought of as a vision and a non-real beautiful heroine. But there she was, sitting by the white flower bushes with a white flower in her hand. Her hair was long, thick, shiny and as dark as the night. She looked up. Her eyes were wide and dark, but they shone with pleasure and excitement. Her mouth curved into a little smile when she saw the boy but her smile was enough to incourage him to move a way from the window. He backed away and headed for the door to call one of the servents. It was time to wash and meet the Sanders.
"Do you think that they’ll like me, Mrs.Slim?" Richy asked Mrs.Slim while she was combing his golden hair.
"Of course, they will. You're smart and you know how to behave you're self very well".
"Don’t you think that my father will embaress me infront of them?"
"You must be sure of yourself, son, and nothing your father does will affect you".
"Who was the girl sitting in the garden this morning?"
"Which one?"
"She has dark hair and dark eyes, and she looks like little Snow White".
"Ah! You mean little miss Abbigale. She is a nice little angle. I liked her from the moment I saw her stepping out of the carriage with that delightful smile on her face".
"She sounds like a nice person".
"O, wait until you meet her, lad".
"What about Mr. and Mrs.Sanders? Are they as nice as Abbigale?"
"I think they are. I didn’t speak to them but I don’t like their snobby, light headed daughter".
"Who is she?"
"Her name is Lucy. She is beautiful but too cold for a young child like herself. You take one look at her and you think that she is no child at all but a grown up lady. Yet, her snobish behaviour makes her less glamorous".
Richy was helped by two servents to get downstairs. As the wheels of his chair roled into the guest room, where everyone gothered, Richy had a look around the room. His father was busy having what seemed a delightful conversation with Mr.Sanders while Aunt Martha and Mrs.Sanders were busy talking about how fashionable a person could become in a city like Paris. But where was Jimmy? O, there he was, sneeking from behind a sofa in which sat a little girl with curls of golden hair. She sat quietly, gazing at the fire place. She didn’t stay like this for long because she gave a cry and jumped in horror when Jimmy threw a little kitten into her lab. "How could you!?" she cried. "How could you throw such an ugly, dirty creature like this on me? Aren't you afraid of of catching a dreadful disease by merely touching it?" Her green eyes flashed in anger and her ears turned red.
"Oh, you can't say such things, Lucy", said Abbigale, who moved towards the little creature and took it in her hands. "It is so adorable and cute that no one could say that it could cause any harm".
"Then, make your hands dirty if you want to", Lucy said angerly. "But I'm not touching this thing. It could spoil my dress".
Abbigale said nothing, but carried the kitten and walked away from Lucy. "She is really nice", thought Richy. "I wonder if she will like me as she liked the little animal". His thoughts were interrupted by someone calling for him. "Young man!" called Mr.Sanders. "You must be Richard. Mrs.Clame told us lots about you". He walked to Richy and gave him his hand. "I'm very glad to meet you".
"I'm very glad to meet you as well, sir", said Richy as he took Mr.Sanders's hand.
"Why, you've got a handsome son here, Mr.Harder", Mr.Sanders told Mr.Harder.
"He sure does", said Mrs.Sanders, in a snobish tone, as she walked towards them. "He is charming, dear Mrs.Clame. He is just the way you described him".
"It’s a shame he is weak", said Lucy coldly while she remained in her place in the sofa. Richy looked at her but she looked away from him arrogantly. Richy was invited into the room to have a good time with the other children. It was nice of Mr.Sanders to push his wheel-chair to a corner where the children gothered. As soon as the children were left alone, Jimmy pulled one of Lucy's golden curls and ran a way while she cried in anger, but soon regained her calmness and sat quietly. She didn’t even look at Richy and this made him feel a good need for crying. It was true that Lucy wasn’t nice. It was true that she was scornful and proud, but she was also very beautiful. She had something in her that made people like her.
"My name is Abbigale", Abbigale told Richy, as she took his hand in hers. "But you may call me Abby".
"And it would be better if you would call me Richy".
"Your father doesn’t call you Richy".
"Does your father call you Abby?"
"Neither does he or my Mama ".
"You are different from Lucy. You are much nicer".
"And you are nicer than Jimmy. You don’t hate girls like him. He said that he hates girls. You are not like him".
By lunch time time, Abby and Richy became good friends. When the two families sat together to have lunch, Richy was able to absorve the Sanders more closely. Mr.Sanders was quite a fat man with a round face and it was easy to recognize the wisps of grey hair on his head. But Richy liked his jolly smile and relaxed expression. Mrs.Sanders was rather a thin woman but she was beautiful. Richy figured that Lucy must have inhereted her mother's green eyes although Lucy's eyes were more attractive. Then, he had a look at Lucy. She was very beautiful. She looked like a little doll with her shiny, golden curls and her wide, green eyes which were framed by her long eye-lashes. But her behaviour was not that of a little girl but that of a proud young lady. When Richy turned towards Abby, he saw that she was so unlike her sister. It was true that Abby wasn’t stunningly beautiful like Lucy, but Richy considered her very beautiful with her rosy cheeks and her dark, thick hair which shone in the light of the lamps. What made Abby more beautiful was her nice attitude towards everyone. As they all finished their lunch, Richy moved the wheels of his chair to move to the liberary and sit in his usual solitude when he felt someone pulling his chair. "Don’t you like to go out to the gardens with me, Richy?" Abby asked him. "I'd like to see your flowers".

BloumagrieT
03-06-2009, 09:25 PM
special miss

Interesting title dearest

I'm free at last to enjoy the part

You'll hear from me this weekend sweetie

sayed elbindary
20-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Good day Miss,
Thanks for what you issued and really story writing is something special for students as they emblement an d incorporate their skills and imagination. I have a word for you as I tried it and am trying it already . Use
pictures and get your kids describe them. You can help in many ways to facilitate this process by asking
yes - no questions or even simple wh-questions or even starting to describe and helping ur kids flow as a picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks a gain for what u fired and that's really an interesting and nice topic.
Sayed El-Bindary , english Mentor.

special miss
02-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Thanks a lot, Mr. Sayed for your out-standing opinions
As a teacher, I value your methods. I am using some of them in the meantime but I will work more on guiding my students through them.
:girl face (189):

Undercover woman
07-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Hey
When I was young I used to write but I stooped because no one read my stories
They say it is too long
now I have new hope
Thank you

...Naif
07-07-2009, 11:30 PM
nice story

BloumagrieT
12-07-2009, 12:48 AM
special miss

That was a lovely part

Keep going my dear please

As I said before lots of change will happen because of the visitors

I'm waiting for the next part

Tiamo
14-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Hi ..

great idea .. I love it ..

Umm I have just wrote paragraph that express my condtion ,, It is story ok?
but a short story ...

Two years ago , I said to my mother that I loved girl ... very beautiful girl .. her fairness made her a queen between all girls .She made them very angry cuz she was better than them .. in eveythings

She was perfect in her .. shape .. heart .. soul ... everything

I couldn't win on myself so I went to my mother to tell her about the girl ... I wanna marry her .. my mother was happy .. we went to her father .. But he refused me

I couldn't marry the girl that I wanted oh... I am not lucky any more ...

do you know who was the girl ?

the girl was Football >> Go ooooooooout

LoooL

Thanks ,