المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Nine ways to improve your memory .

m!ss agadir
27-09-2009, 07:22 PM
A good memory is often seen as a something that cames naturally and a bad memory as somthing that cannot be changed , but actually there is a lot that you can do to improve your memory. However , it does mean taking responsibility and making an effort. Here are nine ways to improve your memory.

1+ Take an interest – make an effort
We all remember the things we are interested in and forget the ones that bore us. This no doubt explains the reason why schoolboys remember football results effortlessly but struggle with dates from their history lessons! Take an active interest in what you want to remember, and focus on it consciosly. One way to make yourself more interested is to ask questions – the more the better!

2+ Repeat things
Repeating things is the best way to remember things for a short time, e.g. remembering a phone number for a few second. 'Chunking' or grouping numbers helps you remember them, e.g. the following numbers would be impossible for most of us to remember: 1593574568521473. But look at them in 'chunking and it becomes much easier: 1593 5745 6852 1473.

3+ Form a mental picture
Another way to make something more memorable is to think about something visual associated with it. Form a mental picture, and the stranger the picture the better your will remember it!

4+ Invent a story
To remember long lists, try inventing a story which includes all the items you want to remember. In experiments, people were asked to remember up to 120 words using this technique and when they were tested afterwards, on average they could remember ninety percent of them.

5+ Organise your ideas
If we organise what we know in a logical way then when we learn more about that subject we understand that better, and so add to our knowledge more easily. Make well-organised notes. Be sure things are clear in your mind. If not, ask questions untill you understand!

6+ Take mental exercise
If you do not want to lose your memory as you get older you need to keep your brain fit, just like your body : ' use it or lose it ' is the experts' advice. Logic puzzle, crosswords and mental arithmetic are all good ' mental aerobics'.

7+ Take physical exercise
Physical exercise is also important for your memory, because it increases your heart rate and sends more oxygen to your brain, and that makes your memory work better. Exrecise also reduces stress , which is very bad for the memory.

8+ Eat the right things
Scienctists have discovered that the fats found in fish like tuna – as well as in oliva oil – help to improve the memory. Vitamins C and E (found in fruits like oranges, strawberries and red grapps) and vitamin B (found in meat and green vegetables) are all good ' brain food', too.

9+ Drink coffee
Caffeine may not be too good for you, but like exercise, it increases your heart rate and send more oxygen to your brain. A cup of coffee really does help you concentrate when you sit down to study. And if you don't like coffee , don't worry – experts believe that chewing gum has the same effect!

Personally I keep repeating things and talking while I'm revising ...

miss alfi
27-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Thank u soo much
for these good steps to improve our memory
we really need it
:smile (87):
hhhh

star511
27-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks ....I 'll try to practise these steps then I'll tell you what happen to my memory

M.o_o.N
27-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Thank u so much sweety ,very effective ways .

I heard eating chocolate can help :D

:lost lady:
27-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Thanx a lot 4 sharing us

rose rani
27-09-2009, 09:25 PM
9+ Drink coffee
Caffeine may not be too good for you, but like exercise, it increases your heart rate and send more oxygen to your brain. A cup of coffee really does help you concentrate when you sit down to study. And if you don't like coffee , don't worry – experts believe that chewing gum has the same effect

this is the best part
I am addicted
coffee

thank you for sharing us this
beneficial topic

SARA :)
28-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Thank you
we have to use it in our life
you remembered me once I was in a lecture and the teacher said write every english word you know it
I was like a crazy
:smile (88):"WHAT SHE WANT "
I write about 100 words then felt a hadache
she told us ur methods to remember things
Thank u again

BloumagrieT
29-09-2009, 10:05 PM
M!ss agadir

Good topic

Thank you for such a good topic

Sometimes life pressure affects our memory the most

ريما الحسين
29-09-2009, 11:25 PM
that's truth !!!!

I'm gonna follow this steps inshallah

Regards

فـيصـل
30-09-2009, 06:24 AM
what you have said is absolutly and just as addtion for the topic

i remember that before 2 years that our teacher said that if you would like to to have a great memory

all what you have to do when you wake up early try to remember what you have done at night
and when you want to sleep just try to remember what you have done in the morning

i hope you get it

thank you

علاء
30-09-2009, 09:37 PM
9+ Drink coffee
Caffeine may not be too good for you, but like exercise, it increases your heart rate and send more oxygen to your brain. A cup of coffee really does help you concentrate when you sit down to study. And if you don't like coffee , don't worry – experts believe that chewing gum has the same effect

good i like coffee(:

thanks our sis
really
its useful ways

مهـرة الـروح
01-10-2009, 04:09 PM
4+ Invent a story
To remember long lists, try inventing a story which includes all the items you want to remember. In experiments, people were asked to remember up to 120 words using this technique and when they were tested afterwards, on average they could remember ninety percent of them.

auseful way

really we need to update our memory thaaaanx alot

maxima
20-11-2009, 07:51 PM
thanks ..
very much

Petunia
20-11-2009, 09:30 PM
thans soooooo much ok i'll try that methods

me too i'm coffiee addicted .me tooooo heard that dark chocolate can helpe to have a strong memory..also gumes it's can do that either

thanks again:smile (101):

إنكسار
24-11-2009, 08:31 PM
It's very nice

Thanks a lot

مخاوي الدمعه
26-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Sometimes
I forgot my dinner
Thanks for your post my dear

فاتح القدس
29-11-2009, 01:58 AM