المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : فيدوني بمعلوماتكم وخبراتكم

نونو7788
24-11-2009, 01:38 AM
في اختصار ونقد هذي المقاله

Classroom Management Article
Working with Difficult Students
The next scenario in this Classroom management article involves a 10 year old girl in my third grade class. Yes, she should be in fifth grade, but still has difficulty completing second grade reading and math assignments.

Sarah (name changes for privacy), is very mature. Her mentality and body features suggest that she should definitely enter sixth grade next year, but that won't happen. She struggles in many subjects so to compensate she acts out to escape from class assignments, but also to save face among her peers. Sarah, is consistently causing arguments among the girls in the class and bullying them when they don't take her side. The biggest problem we have is that Sarah calls out incredibly shocking and vulgar comments during class. She is constantly talking, and bullies students when the teacher is busy assisting other teachers. She does not turn in class work, and does not complete homework.

Here's what I did. I pulled Sarah to the side one day and asked her a few questions.
1. What is your favorite thing to do when you come to school?
2. What id your favorite subject?
3. What is your favorite thing to do when you get home?

She answered.
1. Lunch, and recess which I expected and then P.E.
2. Writing
3. Watch MTV

I had all I needed to pull her in, which is why I added this scenario to this classroom management article.

I knew that with any consequence I gave her she would continue to fight, because time out, a referral and a call home, didn't matter. She wasn't going to get punished at home. SO, the following day I gave her a sheet of paper that had the class rules on one side and "Sarah's Consequences" on the flip side.

The consequences still had a five-step process.
1. Warning
2. Time at the back of class to rethink actions and correct behavior.
3. Loss of Recess
4. Lunch detention
5. Referral to office.

If you notice I kept three the same, but changes two that didn't matter to her and replaced them with two things she did not want to miss out on. I also knew that if I sent her to the office, her referral consequence would be the phone call home AND (after a short conversation with the principal) Sarah would miss out on P.E. every week that she received a referral.

You can find more classroom management tips at www

نونو7788
24-11-2009, 01:43 AM
ماف احد رد علي اتمنى المساعده