المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : English tomorrow

miss hope
27-11-2005, 11:39 PM
It's a fact that English Language had some changes in pronunciation , form , and even in meaning . It's right that the change in the past is much greater than in the present because now the language has fixed written form. But does that prevent changes in future ? if we consider the change of spelling which is much used nowadays in the world wide web (e.g. alrite = all right ) , will that affect the language and overwhelm its difficulty of the spelling especially for those who aren't native speakers?
And it's the same for the abbreviation of some words (e.g. plz = please , cause or coz = because) , will that take place in the written form?
Do you think the language will change in the future (forms , pronunciation , or meanings)

اسيــ حبه ــرة
28-11-2005, 12:35 AM
I don't think It'll change

Maybe it will fade out because of
the new words that the people had created

Me myself, I think that the new words
which people discovered.. won't change
the original English .. For example; there
are new words in our Arabic language
which the people made to be more suitable
to their moods ... But this changes doesn't affect
the original Arabic which used in official
papers, currculums or books

This my point of view ... And thanks dear Miss Hope
for giving me the chance to have disscusion with friend
like you .. May Allah bless you and your efforts

Abo Lama
02-12-2005, 06:40 PM
miss hope

for the last few centuries, some languages have changed and some ohers we could say disappeared due to several factors which occured in the past,

the internet lately has become a main factor

the english language is a life example where we could see these changes very clear,

to consider that we may simply compare the english language in the uk to the the english language in the usa

and to see this point clearly we could go beyond that and compare the english language in India (where it is widely spoken)
to one of the native speaking countries

yes, there are changes and they will go on

thanx my dear sister for this interesting topic

miss hope
03-12-2005, 02:37 PM
dear Aseerah

my reply has been deleted
I hope that u've read it

Abo Lama
thanks for participation

ابوعلي
03-12-2005, 02:57 PM