المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : What lesson do you get from this story

ACME
16-02-2010, 01:42 AM
Several years ago an Imaam moved to London. He often took the bus from his home to the downtown area. Some weeks after he arrived, he had occasion to ride the same bus. When he sat down, he discovered that the driver had accidentally given him twenty pence too much change. As he considered what to do, he thought to himself, you better give the twenty pence back. It would be wrong to keep it. Then he thought, oh forget it, it's only twenty pence. Who would worry about this little amount? Anyway, the bus company already gets too much fare; they will never miss it. Accept it as a gift from Almighty Allah and keep quite. When his stop came, the Imaam paused momentarily at the door, then he handed the twenty pence back to the driver and said ' Here, you gave me too much change.'

The driver with a smile replied ' Aren't you the new Imaam in this area? I have been thinking lately about going to worship at your mosque. I just wanted to see what you would do if I gave you too much change.' When the Imaam stepped off the bus, his knees became weak and soft. He had to grab the nearest light pole and held for support, and looked up to the heavens and cried 'Oh Allah, I almost sold Islam for twenty pence!'

Remember, we may never see the impact our actions have on people.

Sometimes we are the only knowledge of Quran someone will read, or the only Islam a non-Muslim will see. What we need to provide, Insha Allah is an example for others to see. Be careful and be honest every day, because
you never know who is watching your actions and judging you as a Muslim.

Sirhasan
:smile (80):

S..S
16-02-2010, 06:10 PM
The way of Islam wants us to organize ourselves and take care of our religious, social and other affairs is clearly
outlined in verses of the Holy Qur'an

Thank you brother sirhasan

:smile (61):

This story show us our responsibility toward Islam
If we have nothing to give for the blessing of Islam at least we should be good muslims

nice story and wonderful topic

Many Thanks

:smile (101):

May Allah Reward You

:lost lady:
16-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Such a great topic and about muslims actions
:smile (40)::smile (40)::smile (40):
Sirhasan,
we really need to show them the real Islam and the Islamic behavior. we need to be more careful in everything..I think everything we do is consider an muslim action, so, when you have the intention of doing something good for others , we must not thinking about a reward for it because we did it as apart of our religion and for our beliefs or for the sake of Allah(SWT) not for being praised or awarded.
If you allow me to share this story with you about islamic behavior and its impact
it is about egyptian student in University of Minnesota.US
she said " I was Sitting at Borders on an early Saturday morning, I noticed an elderly couple coming to sit in an area near me. It was crowded, and the only two seats were quite far apart. One of them was right next to me. Being raised to respect the elderly, I happily gave up my seat for the man to sit by his wife. Not expecting a response, I started walking away to find another seat. He stopped me, however, and said something that amazed me, yet left me feeling cheerful until today. He said: “By the way, that was a true act of a Muslim.” she said "At that time, I was very happy with his comment and proud of myself, and I still am today"

As you said sirhasan, we need to be more careful in our action you never know who is watching your actions and judging you as a Muslim.
a really fascinating topic
:smile (40)::smile (40)::smile (40):
Many thanks
Accept my passing plz

ACME
16-02-2010, 08:31 PM
The story of the Egyptian student is a touching one

I really liked it , and the feeling of calmness is

always the result to these kind acts

:smile (40):