المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : GrEaT eNgLiSh WiSdOm

استاذ انور
18-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Just because you believe something doesn't make it true."
"It takes a long time to become really good at something."
"You can accomplish nearly anything - often it just takes one phone call to the right person."
"As much as we may love them, animals have no sense of esthetics - a dog will drink from the toilet, and a cat will bite the head off a mouse and eat it."
"A leader has the clarity of thought to understand what matters and what doesn't, plus the self-confidence to express his or her convictions."
"The pursuit of knowledge and scientific understanding is consistent with the innate human goal of self-preservation."
"Often we fault in others what we see in ourselves."
"Do you think the people who establish speed limits for local and state roads actually drive that slowly themselves?"
"Reasonable people adapt to the world. Unreasonable people persist in trying to adapt the world to themselves. Therefore, all progress depends on unreasonable people." --George Bernard Shaw
"One moron can ask more questions than ten wise men can answer." --From a tag line on CompuServe
"He's a timid man who tries to look tough - a sheep in wolf's clothing."
"We all want to get laid, but nobody wants to get screwed."
"It is always easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission." --Adm. Grace Hopper
Ethan's corollary to the above: "It takes only two seconds to say 'Please excuse the mess' versus half an hour or more to actually clean and vacuum."
"I fully respect your right to disagree with me, so long as you understand that I'm right and you're wrong."
"Knowing a lot of facts is not the same as being smart."
"For every opinion on a given issue there will always be proponents for the opposite viewpoint - no matter how preposterous."
"Criticizing others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves." --From a letter to our local newspaper
"Hitting is learned behavior."
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." --Stephen Roberts
"It's not so much that people are stupid, but many don't take the time to think things through." --Lionel, talk show host on WABC Talk Radio
"Atheism is a non-prophet organization." --Unknown
"Good composers borrow, great composers steal." --Igor Stravinsky
"Cleanliness is next to impossible." --Anon.
"Beauty fades, dumb is forever." --Judge Judy
"Trying is the first step toward failure." --Homer Simpson
"Just because something is legal doesn't make it good, and just because something is illegal doesn't make it bad."
"Good luck is the result of good planning." --from a fortune cookie
"Never judge a book by its movie." --J.W. Eagan
"If 50 million people say a foolish thing, it's still a foolish thing." --Anatole France (1844-1924)
"A gun is no longer 'The great equalizer.' Today it's the Internet and newsgroups, where anyone can be taken seriously based only on what they say and without prejudice for their physical appearance."
"War is good business; invest your son." --Ron Kuby on WABC Talk Radio
"The only thing worse than being incompetent is not knowing you are."
"I'm old enough to know better, but I'm still too young to care." --Country song by Wade Hayes
"The most important ingredient for success is being able to communicate."
"The ugly truth is always better than the best-dressed lie." --Ann Landers
"If hunters 'own' the wild animals and presume the right to shoot them, why don't people opposed to hunting have an equal right to say No?"
"If you think your teenagers are fully honest with you, just think back to when you were a teenager."
"It pains me when someone murders his wife and kids, and then kills himself. Hey, do us all a favor and shoot yourself first."
"When you go to a restaurant they always ask, 'Smoking or non-smoking?' The question should be, 'Kids or no kids?'"
"A faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets." --Arthur C. Clarke
"When morality comes up against profit, it is seldom that profit loses." --Shirley Chisolm
:smile (55)::smile (55)::smile (73)::smile (73)::smile (73):

آنسهOoفكره
18-06-2010, 05:26 PM
"Knowing a lot of facts is not the same as being smart."

"Trying is the first step toward failure." --Homer Simpson

"Never judge a book by its movie." --J.W. Eagan

"The ugly truth is always better than the best-dressed lie." --Ann Landers

very wonderful qoutation

http://www.brightalternatives.com/images/GTCards/believers_collection/48.SHINE.JPG..

thank u 4 sharing them with us

:lost lady:
18-06-2010, 05:33 PM
wonderful topic
I enjoyed reading it

http://www.freshencounter.com/uploads/CustomerComments/348/images/thank%20you%20so%20much.jpg

rose rani
18-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Just because something is legal doesn't make it good, and just because something is illegal doesn't make it bad
I like this one

and you can see alot of examples in their countries

for example drinking alcohol is legal, however
is not a good thing at all

in Frane

Al-hajab is illegal, hoewever is
good for women

The most important ingredient for success is being able to communicate

I used to be bad communicater

I was not doing well but now I am doing better

so thank you teacher Anwer
for sharing us