المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : **Opinion Paragraph**

**PRINCESS**
25-06-2010, 06:27 PM
How to write an opinion paragragh???

http://www.barrancabermejavirtual.com/fotos_noticias/opinion.gif

[First you have to differentiate between facts and opinions in order to write an opinion paragraph:

A fact: a true information ( This movie is two hours long)

An opinion: an idea or belief about a particular subject( This movie is interesting)

Writers use facts to support their opinions.

Movie review(opinion)
Advice column(opinion)
News report(fact)
Police report of a crime(fact)

I was born in New York city.(fact)
English is easier than Arabic( opinion)

When you start you paragraph you have to start by using a strong topic sentence which clearly identify your opinion. Then the supporting details( at least three and depending on statistics , facts or personal stories of experience) and finish your paragraph with a concluding sentence .

* In opinion paragraphs you have to use modal auxiliary verbs to express your opinion. Modal auxiliary verbs show the strength of a writer's point of view.

Affirmative:

The city could (weakest) add more bike paths.

Should
Ought to
Has to / must( strongest)

Negative:
The city doesn't have to ( weakest) allow more cars

Shouldn't
Can't/ mustn't ( strongest)

Blood donation

http://sunlight88.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/ist2_3734111-blood-donation.jpg

Topic sentence
( People all over the world should donate blood).

supporting details (Some people say that
blood donation is unhealthy and you might feel sick after donating. But the doctors say that blood donation is so healthy, it has many benefits for your body and it will activate the blood circulation .And drinking a glass of water after giving your blood won't make you feel dizzy. Not to mention, it's great humane role because it may save a life from this small amount of blood and it should make the society more cooperated. So governments must raise awareness by showing the advantages of blood donation
and it should offer more places for donation).
concluding sentence
( Finally, drawing a smile on a child's face or maybe an adult is worth more than anything in this whole universe).

Casual adverbs:
Because, since, so and therefore are casual verbs .They join two ideas when one idea causes or explains the other. Because and since are used to introduce the cause or reason, and so and therefore are used to introduce the effect or result.

* I'm going to quit my part-time job because I don't have enough time for my homework.

Gasoline is becoming expensive. Therefore, we should develop electric cars. *

Punctuation:
* When because or since are used at the beginning of the sentence use a comma after the first part of the sentence ( the cause).

Because my brother wants to improve his vocabulary, he reads a lot.

* When the effect or result comes first, don't use a comma before because or since.

He was driving slowly since it was raining heavily.

* A result or effect beginning with so is usually the second part of a sentence ,use a comma before so.

All my friends recommended that restaurant , so I will try it this weekend.

* Use therefore after a period, and use a comma after it.

He was a great actor .Therefore, he started acting when he was just six years old.

Smoking

http://www.yroma.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/stop-smoking.gif

Smokers should definitely quit smoking because of it's bad and fatal effects in the body. Recent statistic show that cigarettes are responsible for about 25% of deaths from residential fires, causing nearly 100 fire related deaths and 3300 injuries each year. Children and adolescents who are active smokers will have increasingly severe respiratory illness, as they grow older. And as it's known that smoking will cause many problems such as disorders in lung function, reduce the rate of lung growth, the risks of heart diseases, stroke and lung cancer will be greater. Not to mention, it will lower the physical fitness of the smoker. So if you are a smoker or you know someone who smokes and you care about him/her, you must support him until he/ she quit smoking and by doing this you will save his/her life and yours from a certain death].

M.o_o.N
25-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Princess

Great topic sweety . You'v done well.
Thank you so much

Have a blessed day

ساعة صفا
25-06-2010, 06:56 PM
**PRINCESS**

so beneficial topic I'am gonna read it again

thank you

ACME