المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : In The ICU

ACME
16-07-2010, 10:08 PM

Like in an underwater dream angelic voices begin to filter into my consciousness. Slowly dim lights start to appear through the haze and I can hear friendly-sounding machines bleeping nearby. The female voices are talking to each other somewhere above me and then one of them says, “He’s awake.”

I carefully weigh these words without thinking about what they could mean. Whatever is happening the voices seem to be very much in control as they go about their business in this strange new place. Gradually memory starts to drift back to me…the window-ledge…the pain…but in between them only impenetrable darkness……..anyway, everything seems fine here and it’s only a matter of time…I suppose. I notice that my jaws are fastened together but this place is so comfortable and peaceful that even this discovery seems to be of little importance and I consider the situation dispassionately, probing my teeth with my tongue.

The leading voice now says, “We’re going to pull this tube out of your nose and whatever you do, okay?, whatever you do, make sure you cough when I tell you to. All right?” This all sounds much too important and dangerous for so relaxed a setting but I must be on automatic pilot as a muffled voice from inside of me agrees to her request. I feel like a newborn baby pulled from the safety of the womb into a harsh world of adults and decisions.

Slowly, gratingly, the tubing is hauled from my throat till at the critical moment the voice commands, “Right, cough now!”
I cough, swallow and at once sink blissfully back to the safe exile of sleep as the voice’s approval echoes in my ears.

That poor guy was waking up in the Intensive-Care Unit

:smile (92):

♥√•كـ ♫ ـانت ‏هـنا㋡
17-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Oh !!!i My God

Its like a horrible dream

at first

While you will discover that its true

Many thanks Sir

rose rani
17-07-2010, 03:27 PM
I hate hospitals