المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Can't Focus? 0

enigma
05-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Have you ever been so absorbed in a project,you're amazed to discover that an hour has passed,not just few minutes? 0

If only you could package that kind of concentration for times when even the hum of the fridge distract you.It turns out that you can

WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL DISTRACTED

The normal condition of the mind is disorder "Random thoughts, perception and sensations compete for your attention".We usually manage to turn this chaos into order by filtering out some things and focusing on others.If you can't may be because

You're tired

Concentrating takes mental effort.That's why writing a report is easier
when energy levels are high

You're bored

Keeping your attention fixed on a subject takes effort.If something holds
no interest (or benefit) to you ,it's hard to marshal that energy

You're stressed

When you're tense,your mind becomes stuck in the perception that you're facing a threat.This code-red mental state limits your abiliy to settle down to a task

You're trying to do too many things at once

As a result of that,you either don't do jobs as well as you'd like or you leave them unfinished altogether

There are also some other reasons which are

Common Medical Causes

- Thyroid Disease
A restless mind is often the first sign of a problem.Other symptoms: unusual fatigue,low spirits & unexplained weight gain or loss
- Diabetes
Elevated blood sugar levels can make it difficult to stay sharp
- Depression
You make minor slipups,which cause you to worry,hurting concentration even more
- Adult ADD
This is caused by abnormal brain chemistry.The diorder begins in childhood,so if your attention problems started when you were young see a doctor

TRICKS TO HELP YOU GET BACK ON TRACK

A) Identifyyour destination: Pinpoint what you need to focus on & what end

B) Sweeten the deal: Your brain will focus on something it doesn't want to if you promise it a wonderful time later

C) Set the stage: Before you start on a project make sure that you have all the tools (and time) you'll need.Preplanning reduces the risk that something silly will interrupt you

D) Free yourself of internal distractions: MRIs reveal that when you're focused on one object ,activity in other parts of the brain is lowered or even suppressed.But how do you keep worries from cutting into your concentration? Create a to-do list.But don't just jot down each task,figure out when you'll do it as well.That way ,you can turn your undivided attention to the job at hand,reassured that you have a strategy for the other projects on your mind

E) Eliminate external distractions too: Watch for subtle disrupts.According to a study on attention,people performed better in silence than when background music was playing.Smells,pleasant ones as well as nasty,can also cause you to lose concentration

F) Build in breaks: For most of us,concentration drops after 20 to30 minutes.To reenergize yourself stretch or take a short walk.Regular activity may improve brain functions by promoting better blood flow

G) Try a manatra: When you feel your mind taking detours,close your eyes,inhale deeply & slowly and say to yourself, "Stay focused".Repeat twice

I hope you like it as I did when I first read it

الغاليه
05-02-2006, 09:28 PM
it's soooo easy 2 lose track

focusing on something needs a lot of effort

thank u dear 4 the interesting subject

may Allah bless u

enigma
05-02-2006, 09:44 PM
it's soooo easy 2 lose track
focusing on something needs a lot of effort
thank u dear 4 the interesting subject
may Allah bless u

Thanks for passing by sweetie

English Lover
06-02-2006, 01:08 PM
thanx enigma

it's nice to write about this subject

زهرة وفى
06-02-2006, 03:01 PM
thanks darling

I wish you prosperty in your life

enigma
06-02-2006, 08:52 PM
thanx enigma
it's nice to write about this subject

I think you agree with me that we need to put ourselves back on track from time to time

Pleased to see you here dear bro

enigma
06-02-2006, 08:58 PM
thanks darling
I wish you prosperty in your life

My sweetest flower

I really needed your prayers

Thanks dear

ميس
07-02-2006, 09:11 PM
It is really
GREAT
My butterfly
enigma
http://www.spundreams.com/holiday/Christmas/aniangelbear2.gif
..thanks alot for these words
your words are great like you
.thanks a lot for ur efforts
Accept the sincere appriciations

enigma
07-02-2006, 11:04 PM
It is really
GREAT
My butterfly
enigma
http://www.spundreams.com/holiday/Christmas/aniangelbear2.gif
..thanks alot for these words
your words are great like you
.thanks a lot for ur efforts
Accept the sincere appriciations

Mais

You know what

Seeing your tender words fills my heart with joy

T.Sultan
08-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Enigma ,

I've always said that wonderful people say nothing but beautiful words. I've really learned lots of things from your indescribable post.

Dear Enigma,
I'll add one more reason that why people are suffering from concentration loss at present.

I believe that people are suffering from concentration problems nowadays and that could possibly be the tax of eating unhealthy food. So, junk food is one of the biggest problems that makes the loss of concentration so predictable.

Thanks a lot for having let us share with you such crucial information.

enigma
09-02-2006, 01:31 AM
Enigma ,
I've always said that wonderful people say nothing but beautiful words. I've really learned lots of things from your indescribable post.
Dear Enigma,
I'll add one more reason that why people are suffering from concentration loss at present.
I believe that people are suffering from concentration problems nowadays and that could possibly be the tax of eating unhealthy food. So, junk food is one of the biggest problems that makes the loss of concentration so predictable.
Thanks a lot for having let us share with you such crucial information.

Winner4ever

I'll take your gentle words as a compliment

You're absolutely right about the junk food issue

They're one of many reasons that causes our thoughts wander

Thanks to you dear brother for your valued addition