المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : how can i be a good writer?thats all

englishLo0oveR
22-08-2010, 02:12 AM
hi my friends

i just want your help

how can i improve my english writing skill?I always write but how can i know that my write is right?
i saw here some of you his/her write is so good
how can u do that

^^^^^
i think it is a stupid question

thanks in advance

your frind

englishLo0oveR

آنسهOoفكره
22-08-2010, 02:44 PM
hi englishLo0oveR..=)

about your Q- .. i think by reading & only reading can help you to improve your writing skill..
reading & writing r associated together.. you have to know how to manage both of...

read about the thing you r interested in. for example read about literature writings , read some literary works ..so you can get a helpful background..

or read about how to write an article of you r interested in such writings..

what I'm trying to say here is that reading & writing
complete each other…

I always write but how can i know that my write is right?
^^""" im wondering same as u .. you can post what you wrote here.... hopefully u'll find some1 criticize you.. or if you have
& a friend & she's a native speaker you can show her what you wrote & she'll be helpful indeed..

by the way never stop questioning ^^ lol
hope what i post here will benefit you ..

have a nice day..

ACME
22-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Here are some tips on how to become a good writer. It takes time, perseverance and practice, but with patience, good practical approaches and determination, you can turn your creative desire into concrete writing.

Write a lot every day. You may prefer to write in long or short sessions. Write a short paragraph or an entire page. See which works better for you.

Read all sorts of things, but really take the time to enjoy an old-fashioned book. Regular reading will influence your style, tastes, background, and ideas. It will also help expand your vocabulary and improve your grammar.

Determine what is good writing and what is not. Find your literary heroes. Read both historical and contemporary authors.Read a variety of topics and styles, with a focus on styles or genres in which you wish to write.Make good use of your local library, both as a source of a variety of reading materials and as a resource.

Expand your vocabulary. Read the daily newspaper. Purchase a nice dictionary and thesaurus. Your short story will not be nearly as exciting if every character walks everywhere and says every line of dialogue. A comprehensive vocabulary can help bring your stories and poems to life, enabling you to better describe the world around you.

Be sure that you are using words correctly. Some of the alternatives listed in your thesaurus may not have the right shade of meaning or be appropriate for the level of formality. Look up the word in your dictionary to be sure, and if in doubt, use a word that you already know.

Meet a Writer! A writer could give tips to you as well as help.

Use good grammar. Good grammar can mean the difference between a sentence that is graceful and translucent and a sentence that is awkward and ambiguous. When you first put your ideas on paper, you should try to write quickly so that you do not forget any of them. Be sure to focus on proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation in the revision process, though. Dangling modifiers and faulty parallelism can reduce clarity as well as the overall quality of your writing. If you have a question about grammar, consult a good grammar book

Plan your writing, especially if you are producing an informative piece. Use whatever technique works best for you. You can make an outline, put a collection of notes on cards and arrange them until they are in order, or draw a tree or map. It is possible to rapidly organize a broad topic with a tree or map structure. Try writing nonstop for ten minutes and see how many ideas you can think of.10Write as quickly as you can for the first draft. Try typing without looking at the keyboard. Do not stop to correct grammar, spelling, or punctuation. Write at least a few paragraphs before going back and correcting or editing.11Be well-informed about your subject. Your research will make your fictional or nonfictional writing seem that much more real. You can use reading materials such as books, magazines, and online articles and also interview knowledgeable people. You may even be inspired by something that you see on television.

Be specific. Avoid implying or over-generalizing; vagueness and generalizations are less likely to grab your readers’ attention. Which sentence is more interesting to read: "In this town, the crime rate has significantly increased in the last year" or "In this town, the crime rate has increased more than twenty percent in the last year"? At the same time, try to include only the relevant details; say all that you need to say without wasting space.

ACME
22-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Some famous writers' advice
Mark Twain: "When you catch adjectives, kill most of them -- then the rest will be valuable. They weaken when they are close together; they give strength when they are wide apart."

Novelist John Gardner: "The abstract is seldom as effective as the concrete. ‘She was distressed' is not as good as, even, ‘She looked away.'"

George Orwell: "Never use a metaphor, simile or other figure of speech which you are used to seeing in print. Never use a long word where a short word will do. If it is possible to cut a word out, always cut it out. Never use the passive where you can use the active."

Best Wishes for you

:lost lady:
23-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Miss Idea and Sirhasan
Thanks a lot
May Allah reward you
very useful and important tips
Englover,, In brief

Read as much as you can,write as much as you can,build or expand your vocabulary ,check your grammar and spelling from time to time and share your writing with other people to criticize you or to tell you ,,your strongest and weakest points
I wish all the best bro

Mr.Salem
23-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Hello everyone, I hope you're enjoying Ramadan like I do.
Regarding English Lover question, I think he has already got some voluble tips from our friends.
However, I would like to give this concept for how to improve your english skills, it might help.

Actually, I 'm a computer engineer and I apply computer techniques on my daily life. all the time
So, I can Interpret English Language as the following " about to create a program"
:smile (68):"

Input ========> process ============> output

When you have input data and process this data into your brain you will get information, So the equation would be :
as much as you process input data as much as you get information

Reading ======== Process =========> Writing
Listening ======== process =========> Speaking

I hope I that I gave somthing useful. and very sorry for using computer terminology

ساعة صفا
23-08-2010, 06:21 PM
just practice

thank you every one

englishLo0oveR
24-08-2010, 02:29 AM
thanks to everyone writes here

and your advices is so usefel i will do

thanks again my friends