المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Father And Sonََ

● Ṡeяεиiτч . . ☆
20-09-2010, 02:43 AM
[CENTER]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Q0lTtPVTG40/SGsNNQcL0NI/AAAAAAAAQBE/RXVESAnl_bg/s400/Father+and+son.jpg

It's not time to make a change
Just relax, take it easy
You're still young, that's your fault
There's so much you have to know
Find a girl, settle down
Look at me, I am old
But I'm happy
I was once like you are now
And I know that it's not easy
To be calm, when you've found
Something going on
Take your time, think a lot
Think of everthing you've got
For you will still be here tomorrow
But your dreams may not...

How can I try to explain?
When I do, he turns away again
And it's always been the same
Same old story
From the moment I could talk
"I was ordered to listen"
Now there's a way, and I know
That I have to go away
I know, I have to go...

All the times, that I've cried
Keeping all the things I knew inside
And it's hard
But it's harder to ignore it

If they were right, I'd agree
But it's them they know, not me
Now there's a way
And I know that I have to go away
I know, I have to go[/CENTER

chosen by me

abu ghararah
20-09-2010, 03:14 AM
If the past cannot teach the present and the father cannot teach the son, then history need not have bothered to go on, and the world has wasted a great deal of time
and
We gladly put antiquity above our age but not posterity. Only a father doesn't begrudge his son's talent.
also
For a boy to reach adulthood feeling that he knows his father, his father must allow his emotions to be visible—hardly an easy task when most males grow up being either subtly or openly taught that this is not acceptable behavior. A father must teach his son that masculinity and feelings can go hand in hand.

prettyالسبهه
20-09-2010, 05:48 AM
Take your time, think a lot
Think of everthing you've got
For you will still be here tomorrow
But your dreams may not...

I felt these lines
thanks sunlight

ACME
20-09-2010, 01:36 PM
This is one of the best songs I ever listened to by Cat Stevens >>>> Yusuf Islam
The performance was exceptional

Father and Son" is a popular song written and performed by English singer-songwriter, Yusuf Islam (then known as Cat Stevens) on his 1970 album
The song frames an exchange between a father not understanding a son's desire to break away and shape a new life, and the son who cannot really explain himself but knows that it is time for him to seek his own destiny. To echo this, Stevens sings in a deeper register for the father's lines, while using a higher, more emotive one for those of the son

Just as I have read it , I can feel the taste of happy memories it brought back
. Many thanks for making us relive those moments again

● Ṡeяεиiτч . . ☆
20-09-2010, 06:59 PM
If the past cannot teach the present and the father cannot teach the son, then history need not have bothered to go on, and the world has wasted a great deal of time
and
We gladly put antiquity above our age but not posterity. Only a father doesn't begrudge his son's talent.
also
For a boy to reach adulthood feeling that he knows his father, his father must allow his emotions to be visible—hardly an easy task when most males grow up being either subtly or openly taught that this is not acceptable behavior. A father must teach his son that masculinity and feelings can go hand in hand.

abu ghararah
Thank you for your comments they always added a special meaning to my subjects

● Ṡeяεиiτч . . ☆
21-09-2010, 09:28 PM
I felt these lines
thanks sunlight

prettyالسبهه

you are most welcome and thank you for your lovely comments

rose rani
22-09-2010, 06:47 PM
I do like your choice
you always choose interesting poems

thank you dear for sharing us

● Ṡeяεиiτч . . ☆
23-09-2010, 06:44 AM
This is one of the best songs I ever listened to by Cat Stevens >>>> Yusuf Islam
The performance was exceptional

Father and Son" is a popular song written and performed by English singer-songwriter, Yusuf Islam (then known as Cat Stevens) on his 1970 album
The song frames an exchange between a father not understanding a son's desire to break away and shape a new life, and the son who cannot really explain himself but knows that it is time for him to seek his own destiny. To echo this, Stevens sings in a deeper register for the father's lines, while using a higher, more emotive one for those of the son

. Many thanks for making us relive those moments again

sirhasan

Iam so happy that you like it and thank you sir for your comments