المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : These Wednesday and Thursday are different

إجتماعي
13-12-2010, 01:55 AM
Day of Ashura

As a matter of fact, the true Muslim always takes the advantage of the blessed occasions and days of Islam. He spares no efforts in drawing himself nearer to Allah. In doing so, he concerns himself with knowing the virtuous days and occasions in Islam so as to follow his Prophet's suit in all spheres of life.

Ibn `Abbas (may Allah be pleased with them both) said: “I never saw Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) so keen to fast any day and give it priority over any other than this day, the day of `Ashura', and this month, meaning Ramadan.” (Al-Bukhari, Hadith 1867) In another hadith we are told that fasting the day of `Ashura' expiates the sins of the previous year as theProphet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Fasting the day of `Ashura' (is of great merits), I hope that Allah will accept it as anexpiation for (the sins committed in) the previous year”(Muslim).

After the hijrah when the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) came to Madinah, he found that the Jews of Madinah also used to observe this day with fasting. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) asked them the reason of their fasting on this day. They said, “This is a blessed day. On this day Allah saved the Children of Israel from their enemy (in Egypt) and so Prophet Musa fasted on this day giving thanks to Allah.” The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “We have more claim to Musa than you.” He fasted on that day and commanded Muslims to fast on this day. (Al-Bukhari, hadith 1865)

In another report it is mentioned that Jews of Madinah used to hold a feast on this day. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) told his Companions to fast instead. (Al-Bukhari, hadith 1866)

`Ashura' fasting was obligatory (fard) in the beginning. In the second year of hijrah (624 CE) when Allah’s command came that Muslims should fast the whole month of Ramadan, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) then sent someone to announce to people that fasting of `Ashura' had become voluntary (nafl). This indicates that whosoever wishes to fast, may fast and whosoever does not want to fast, there will be no blame on him/her

Imam At-Tirmidhi mentioned that ibn `Abbas(may Allah be pleased with them both) used to say that we should fast on two days: the 9th and 10th of Muharram to distinguish ourselves from the Jewish community. (At-Tirmidhi)
Ibn`Abbasalso quoted the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) as saying, “If I live next year, I shall also fast on the 9th day.”
There is a great reward in fasting the day of `Ashura'. There are many hadiths that mention its blessings and virtues. It is good to fast on this day, although it is not obligatory.

copies for reminding

monalife
13-12-2010, 02:12 AM
very useful topic

الواثقة بالله
13-12-2010, 04:52 PM
thanks alot

accept my passing

إجتماعي
13-12-2010, 07:35 PM
very useful topic

thanks for passing by

إجتماعي
13-12-2010, 07:36 PM
thanks alot

accept my passing

sure you are welcome

● Ṡeяεиiτч . . ☆
13-12-2010, 09:20 PM
thank you for your great efforts to remind and encourage us to do the good things to be real muslims
thanks again to remind us
of who we really are ?

Miss-Thought
14-12-2010, 05:34 AM
SOCIAL

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!l

prettyالسبهه
14-12-2010, 01:52 PM
thank you Ejtmai
we will fast Ensha Allah
sure its an important day
we will never miss it
thanks again

:lost lady:
14-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Well chosen topic and very valuable information
Highly appreciated

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_F_r_We4c6QI/SiOeeGMJ-pI/AAAAAAAAAgA/UNaOocbsbVc/god-bless-you.gif

إجتماعي
14-12-2010, 11:24 PM
thank you for your great efforts to remind and encourage us to do the good things to be real muslims
thanks again to remind us
of who we really are ?

You are welcome may Allah accept from us all worships

إجتماعي
14-12-2010, 11:26 PM
SOCIAL

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!l

thanks for your passing by

إجتماعي
14-12-2010, 11:38 PM
thank you Ejtmai
we will fast Ensha Allah
sure its an important day
we will never miss it
thanks again

No doubt we will InshAllah fast Ashura day
But be carful when u eat your breakfast don’t eat too much OK? No exstra Soup no extra Sambusa …. Date and Labban are enough
You are welcome pretty

إجتماعي
14-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Well chosen topic and very valuable information
Highly appreciated

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_F_r_We4c6QI/SiOeeGMJ-pI/AAAAAAAAAgA/UNaOocbsbVc/god-bless-you.gif

God bless you too
Actually I didn’t do any thing
Just read + Investigate + copy +paste

prettyالسبهه
15-12-2010, 03:45 PM
No doubt we will InshAllah fast Ashura day
But be carful when u eat your breakfast don’t eat too much OK? No exstra Soup no extra Sambusa …. Date and Labban are enough
You are welcome pretty

sure there will be not much food in that day
do you know why
cuz our servant is gone and me whose responsible
so they will be date and Laban and how wants more the candy store is
near us
and wash his dishes after his finishing
^
^
evil

rose rani
15-12-2010, 05:48 PM