الموضوع: Flashcard Games & Activities

مميز الصورة الرمزية lady maha
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Aug 2007
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Sm121 Flashcard Games & Activities

A

Adjective Action: T writes on the board an activity like "bush your teeth." S/He picks one student, they come to the front of the class. The T then shows the S a card with an adjective written on it, such as "slowly". The chosen student then does the activity in the way of the adjective. The other Ss have to guess the adjective. The one who guesses right gets a point and mimes the next action which the teacher writes on the board. To help them you can give them a list of options, if you think they need some help. (Submitted by Libby McArthur).
    Alphabet Line Up: This is a good way to teach the alphabet to your class. Give each S an alphabet flashcard with a different letter of the alphabet on it, starting at "A" (eg if you have 7 Ss, give flashcards A through to G). Have them move around the room to music. When the music stops, they must line up in order. You can also play with missing letters (eg. Give a "c", then an "f", a "k", an "o", etc). That way they are really learning the order, not just memorizing. (Submitted by Gena).

Alphabet Soup: Place plastic letters in a bowl. Divide flashcards by their beginning letters. Each student draws a letter from the bowl and then finds the flashcards associated with that letter. (Submitted by Lori Supernaw)

Alphabet Wave: Divide the a-z flashcards among all your students. Put Ss in a line and play the ABC song. As it plays each student must hold up their corresponding alphabet flashcard.

B

Backs to the Board Game: [COLOR="DarkRed"]This one is good for higher level kids. Make two teams and stand one S from each team in front of the board, facing away from it. Place a flashcard picture on the board (e.g. "hamburger") and the Ss have to explain that word to their team member (e.g. you can buy it in McDonalds, it's got cheese and ketchup in it). The first S out of the two standing in front of the board to guess the word wins a point for his/her team.[/COLOR

Basketball: Ss take a [COLOR="DarkRed"]shot at the trashcan/box/etc. First show a flashcard to S1. If s/he answers correctly then s/he can have a shot at the basket. If the S gets the ball in the basket then s/he wins 2 points. If the S hits the basket without going inside then s/he wins 1 point. The person who gets the most points is the winner. This can also be played in teams.[/COLOR

Basketball Card Line-Up: This game is like basketball game but more educational. Place 2 lines of several cards. You need 2 players and a basket far away. To shoot the basket from far away is hard so the players need to say the card and make their way closer and closer to the basket. When they feel that they can throw and hit the basket, they make their attempt.

Battleship: Age: 4+, Level: All levels, Target: Vocabulary, Phrases, Listening and Conversation. Make a grid. The size of the grid depends on the number of students and the time limits of the class. Basically the students pick a grid reference, as " A1" or “ B7”and then you reveal the card.
    Bean Bag Toss: Lay out flashcards face down up the floor. Ss toss the bean bag and identify the flashcard it lands on. (Submitted by Betty).

C

Catch me if you can: Have students sit in a circle. After reviewing the chosen set of flashcards, place them in a pile in the center of the circle. Take the first card and show it to everybody. Have one student walk around the outside of the circle saying words from the specific subject – like fruits or days - while touching each student's of the circle on the head. When the "magic" word is said, the student whose head is touched at that time, must stand up and chase the student who touched them around the circle. The first one to sit in that spot remains seated and chooses the next "magic" word. The student standing begins again; "Sunday...Monday…"

Charades: Have a S come to the front of the class and show a FC or whisper a word to that S. The S then acts out that word and the first S to guess can be the next player. This works very well with action verbs. Variation: divide the class up into teams - the first S to guess wins a point for his/her team.

Concentration: You need 2 sets of flashcards for this game. Place both sets face down on the floor. Ss take turns in turning over 2 cards (saying the cards aloud). If the cards match then the S keeps the cards. If the cards are different the cards are turned back over again in their original places. The S with the most pairs at the end of the game is the winner.

Concentration 2: Level: requires basic reading. Make a set of cards. On half of them put a picture of a theme related subject (for example body parts, food, furniture etc) on the other half put the word relating to each picture (ex. nose, mouth, lips, eye...). Laminate if possible. Place all cards face down on the table. The first player turns two at a time (or three for the very young) over to match the word to the picture. If it matches the player can keep the pair if not, the cards are returned and then next player goes. These cards can also be used so that a child or team simply matches the words to the pictures.

Cross the River: Place flashcards on floor in winding manner. Each represents a stepping stone in the river, as students must say word/phrase/question/etc in order to step on it and cross the river! (submitted by Michelle K).

I hope you like it

انجليزي فعال الصورة الرمزية so quiet
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2007
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

رد : Flashcard Games & Activities

This is just what I need darling

being in the first year in this field I think I'm gonna need these tips cause they are beneficial
    I'll try to apply them in the next term by the willing of God and I'm sure Ss will like them
    cause when games are involved learning
    become much easier to them

I appreciate your hard work honey
    Thanks for sharing us your knowledge

accept my passing

شخصية بارزة الصورة الرمزية Aseel
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2004
    الدولة
    Saudi Arabia
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

It's an excellent topic, dear

Students need such activities to energize them

They also make learning fun

We should all use such activities ... their result is just amazing

My students love that concentration game or memory game as they call it :)

Thanks so mucl, lady Maha

May Allah bless you

انجليزي رائع
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Feb 2005
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

it is nice topic

thanks a lot for these good information

I hope all teachers do these games

May allah bless you