النتائج 1 إلى 8 من 8

الموضوع: How to Memorize Words in Foreign Language

مميز الصورة الرمزية RIAN
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2008
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

How to Memorize Words in Foreign Language

We always want to learn new things in our lives. Learning a new language is one of those things. Based on my experience learning English, learning a new language is one of the hardest things I have ever done. One of the reasons that make learning another language very hard is the huge number of the words in each language. They are hard because they are hard to find and memorize. It will be much easier if you follow these steps.

First of all, try to read an article every day from any newspapers you want. They must be written in the language which you want to learn. You have to choose six new words form the article. Before you start reading you have to get a highlighter pen to highlight the words which you will choose. As soon as you choose a new word, you have to highlight. When are done with reading the article, you have to count your new words, which you highlighted. If they are less than six words, you have to keep reading until you find sex new words. You must finish reading the article to the end, so you might find more then six. If you find more than six, choose whatever you want from them. Once you chose the words, write them down on a piece of paper, and then figure out the words' form. Also find out the word family and write them down. Finally, find out the meaning of the word in your language and write it down with the words.

When you have thirty words, get ready to record them by using your voice. This means you have to find how to pronounce the words correctly and record them by your voice. When you are recording, first you have to pronounce the word, which you highlighted in the article, and then you have to pronounce the word family, finally you have to say the meaning of the word in your language. Finally, do the other words as well.

when you have recorded 200 words, you have to start to write short stories and you have to insert them in the stories. Whatever you want to write about it, use your new words. When you write, remember that your goal is to memorize words, so don't pay much attention to the grammar rules and writing rules if you don't know them.

When you are done with the writing stories, take a break time for two to five days, and then and rewrite and rerecord the words. In this time you have to use a new big notebook because you will use it for all your words in future. You should use different colors when you write. Also you have to record the words again, but without the meaning of the word in this time. When you are recording, you have to leave ten seconds between each word.

When you are done with rewriting and recording, you must take a break time for two to five days, and then you have to review the rewriting and the rerecording. First, read your short stories, and then listen to your rerecording. While you are listening to the recording, you have to remember the meaning during the ten seconds between each word.

Finally, keep doing these steps again for four months, and then you have to spend one month reviewing your words since you have started. You have to do same steps. Also you have to add the 200 new words to the 200 old words in the big notebook. After three months, stop and review all your words since you have started by listening to your recording and reading your stories and your big notebook.

In conclusion, many people are interested in learning another language. Learning another language is not easy because of the enormous number of the words. They very hard to memorize, but these steps will help you to find a good words and memorize them. Also they are helpful because you will use all your senses, if you use them.
    Beyond Words

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2007
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

رد : How to Memorize Words in Foreign Language

frankly, I have gotten benefit of your great topic and I'll try to practice your plan

Allah save you

شخصية بارزة الصورة الرمزية أميرة بأخلاقها@
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Jan 2008
    الدولة
    Riyadh
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

great topic,,,,,,really memorizing the new words is very hard but with your steps it will be easy
    Thanks alot

انجليزي خبير الصورة الرمزية CHARLES DICKENS
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Feb 2005
    الدولة
    my hometown
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Rian
    When I first fell in love with English if I might say (-; I used this method
    it helped me a lot...I used to watch Cartooons back in high school with my note and pen to write what I hear
    and even when I watch movies I use headphones to write sometimes not just words but whole sentences
    to be honest ....Internet and Movies taught me English more than anything else
    So your Steps to memorize new words are definitely useful and I'm the witness
    (-:
    Thanks a lot Rian for this topic , we are all need it
    Oh...and welcome to the Club
    Yours
    Mona Dickens
    Where flowers bloom .. So does Hope

مراقب الصورة الرمزية البـارع
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Feb 2006
    الدولة
    Riyadh
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

thanks a lot dear Rian

of course vocabulary is the main language element

the lonely way to learn and remember words for a long time is to practise them

you gave us useful ways to deal well with FL vocab

they're really interesting

REGARDS

شخصية بارزة الصورة الرمزية BloumagrieT
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2004
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

I started learning English on my own

when I was in the fifth grade my dad

used to take English courses back then and

I used the material he brought home

then I started to watch TV channel 2 ^^

It helped me alot

After that I heardthat listening to the radeo is useful

so I did

I used each word I've learned and

practiced evey word I knew I treasured it so much

Thanks RIAN for such a great topic

[GRADE="C0C0C0 FF1493 000000 DC143C C0C0C0"].
    .[/GRADE]

[GRADE="808080 DC143C 808080"]^.^[/GRADE]

/

" اللهم استعملني في طاعتك "

/

أستغفر الله العظيم التواب الرحيم لذنبي
    وللمسلمين والمسلمات و المؤمنين والمؤمنات
    الأحياء منهم والأموات إلى يوم الدين

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    May 2008
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

thanks alot my dear brother for these
    advices
    ]

مميز
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    الدولة
    Riyadh
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

thanks my brother Rian but I think

The biggest problem most people face in learning a new language is their own
    fear. They worry that they won’t say things correctly or that they will look stupid so they don’t talk at all. Don’t do this. The fastest way to learn anything is to do it – again and again until you get it right. Like anything, learning English requires practice. Don’t let a little fear stop you from getting what you want.
    المجتمعات بأفرادها تتحكم بها التصورات والقيم والإهتمامات التي تشربتها وتبرمجت بها تلقائيا لكن السياسة هي التي تتحكم بالثقافة اتجاها ومحتوى

المواضيع المتشابهه

1. CROW - Crossword Puzzles for Students of English as a Foreign Language
    بواسطة badrs في المنتدى المنتدى التعليمي العام
    مشاركات: 1
    آخر مشاركة: 27-04-2014, 08:49 PM
  2. What is Your Potential for Learning English as a Foreign Language
    بواسطة Northie في المنتدى Linguistics courses
    مشاركات: 7
    آخر مشاركة: 17-03-2010, 02:17 PM
  3. How to Memorize/Remember New Words
    بواسطة Northie في المنتدى منتدى اللغة الأنجليزية العام
    مشاركات: 11