تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2009
    الدولة
    Algeria...my love
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

رد: Can you help me

"The Whipping"

Summary: An analysis of "The Whipping," a poem by Robert Hayden. Through his use of sensory figurative, and allusive language, Hayden tells a heartbreaking story of a young boy being whipped and the pain and suffering that results.
    =
    خلاصة القول : قصيدة لروبرت هايدن. من خلال استخدام اللغة التصويرية الحسية ، وملمح ، هايدن يروي قصة مؤثرة لطفل صغير يجري تأجيجه والالم والمعاناة التي النتائج.
    The Study Of Reading Habits:
    There is a boy who would use reading as a way to get away from things that are hard in life like school or bullies. They could imagine how they would “deal out the old right hook” to those people who were mean to them.
    Then later in the boy’s life, he had to get specs, and evil was just his wish in finding when he was reading. He had fun going into his own world of darkness, and cloaks and fangs. He liked the idea of humiliate women, who were little innocent and beautiful things like meringues.
    Now it is present time in the boys life and he doesn’t read much anymore because reading about the dude letting the girl down before the hero arrives, or the chap who sits around and does nothing with his life are all subjects that are too close to home, and make him upset about his own lousy life. He can no longer leave his problems with reading because now he is reading his problems. So he gets rid of the stupid pieces of crap as the speaker calls them.
    =
    هناك الصبي الذي من شأنه استخدام القراءة باعتبارها وسيلة للابتعاد عن الأشياءالصعبة في الحياة مثل المدارس أو تخويف. يمكن أن نتخيل كيف سيكون "الخروج من مأزق التعامل القديمة" حق هؤلاء الناس الذين كانت تعني لهم.
    ثم لاحقا في حياة الصبي ، وقال انه للحصول على المواصفات ، والشر هو مجرد رغبته في إيجاد عندما كان يقرأ. لديه متعة الخوض في عالمه الخاص من الظلام ، وعباءات والأنياب. كان يحب فكرة إذلال النساء ، الذين كانوا قليلا الأبرياء والأشياء الجميلة مثل الحلويات.
    الآن حان الوقت الحاضر في حياة الأولاد وأنه لا يقرأ كثيرا بعد الآن لأن القراءة عن المتأنق السماح للفتاة أسفل قبل وصول البطل ، أو الفصل الذي يجلس حول ولا يفعل شيئا في حياته كلها الموضوعات التي هي قريبة جدا إلى المنزل ، مماجعله مستاء رديء فى حياته الخاصة. لم يعد يستطيع ترك مشاكله مع القراءة لأن الآن هو قراءة مشاكله. حتى انه يتخلص من القطع من حماقة غبية مثلما يدعو هم المتكلم.

اليوم انا بينكم عضوة
    وغداً انا للذكرى
    فتذكرونى ولا تنسونى
    فانتم فى البال على كل حال

انجليزي خبير الصورة الرمزية MisS shy
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2009
    الدولة
    Algeria...my love
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Break Of Day:
    The theme of John Donne's love poem "Break of Day" is lovers parting at dawn and the metaphorical comparison of the speaker's love to the elements of day and night. This poem assumes a feminine point of view which is revealed in its structure .

The poem is constructed of three stanzas; each stanza contains six lines. The first stanza is written in the form of a dramatic monologue of four questions demanding confirmation if the speaker's lover is going to leave because
    day has come.The speaker questions the importance of time and conventions of love making as day rolls into
    night and night rolls into day. The second stanza is based on a personalification of light and how it affects the speaker's attitude towards his or her lover. It is also based on a condition that if light could see, things that were not initially apparent, would suddenly beocme clear. The third stanza concretely describes the daily activities associated with light such as business and work and how they negatively affect the attitude of the speaker

اليوم انا بينكم عضوة
    وغداً انا للذكرى
    فتذكرونى ولا تنسونى

تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2009
    الدولة
    Algeria...my love
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

The Eagle

This poem by Alfred, Lord Tennyson is divided into two stanzas with three lines each. The rhyme scheme is AAA BBB.

The meaning of words:

Clasp:to hold someone or something tightly in your hands or arms.

Crag: a steep, rough rock on a hill or mountain.

Crooked: 1) not straight or even.

2) Not honest.

Azure:blue.

Wrinkled: a small line in sth, often one on the skin of your face which you get as you grow older.

Beneath:in, at or to a lower position.

Thunderbolt: a flash of lightning that hits something.

Falls: waterfall.

Paraphrasing:

He clasps the crag with crooked hands

The pronoun (He) refers to the eagle. It is personification. We have also personification in the word (hand). It is a human quality by giving him a hand. "'Crooked hands" emphasize that the man is an older man. The poet describes the eagle as an old man who holds the crag with not straight hands. The imagery of touching is (clasps, hands). This imagery shows image of power and stability.

Close to the sun in lonely lands

He (the eagle) lives in a very high place close to the sun (hyperbole) and he does not need anyone while the land lonely without him. The poet tries to emphasize how high the places that the eagle lives in. "lonely lands" emphasize the ability of the eagle to live a lone by him. "Close to the sun" is imagery of sight.

Ringed with the azure world, he stands

He like a king, he ware a ring around him. (Ringed) emphasize how high the eagle is and how powerful he is. "Ringed with the azure world" is more general metaphor where the sky is being compared to a blue (azure) world that surrounds the eagle. (Azure) is imagery of sight.

The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls

All those waves we are scared of, to him it is only lines and their movement is very slow. (Crawls) is a personification, giving the human quality of crawling. "Wrinkled sea" symbolize that the man is an older man and here there are figure of speech and imagery of hearing, sight, smelling, and tasting the salt from the sea.

He watches from his mountain walls

The mountain themselves ices his home and he is standing on the mountain watching because of his sharp sight. "Mountain walls" is imagery of sight.

And like a thunderbolt he falls

This verse emphasize his speed and power and we have a simile here because the word (like). It is comparison between the eagle and the thunderbolt in speed and power. "Like a thunderbolt he falls" is imagery of sight and hearing.

Theme: (freedom)

The bird soaring in the sky has always been used as an example of freedom from the bonds of gravity, which anchors plants, people, and most animals to the earth. The eagle in this poem is pictured “close to the sun”—another symbol of highflying freedom that is not controlled by the limitations of the earth’s atmosphere. This area of the sky, just inside of and barely contained by the “azure world” of outer space, is what is meant by “lonely lands.” Loneliness implies detachment or a lack of responsibility to any other thing

اليوم انا بينكم عضوة
    وغداً انا للذكرى
    فتذكرونى ولا تنسونى

تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2009
    الدولة
    Algeria...my love
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Winter

This poem by Shakespeare is divided in to stanzas with nine lines each.

The meaning of the words:

Icicle: thin point stick of ice that hangs down from something such as a roof.

Dick: name of person.

Shepherd: someone whose job is to take care of sheep.

Blow: wind moving.

Log: peace of cut trees.

Hall: a room or passage that is just inside the front entrance of a house or public building.

Pail: bucket.

Nipped: frozen.

Foul: disgusting, very ugly.

Nightly: every night.

Stare: to look at someone or something for a long time without moving your eyes.

Owl: kind of bird hunts at night and has large eyes.

Merry: happy.

Greasy: full of oil.

Keel: cooling.

Blow: to remove.

Cough: pushing air out of your throat with tough sound because you are sick.

Parson: the man of the church.

Saw: a tool with sharp points, used for cutting wood.

Brood: to think sadly.

Marian: name of a girl.

Raw: uncooked.

Roasted: to cook or be cooked in an oven or over a fire.

Crabs: a wild fruit (green apple).

Hiss: sound (hiss).

Bowl: a wide round container that is open at the top, used for holding liquids, food etc.

Paraphrasing + imagery + figure of speech:

When icicles hang by the wall

The poet describes the ice that hangs down from the roof in a way to describe how cold the weather is. Here we have visual image.

And Dick the shepherd blows his nail

He is talking about a shepherd called Dick who is sitting out side suffering from the cold weather and he is trying to warm his hand. Here we have image of feeling the skin (very cold).

And Tom bears logs into the hall

Another man called Tom is carrying the peaces of wood that he cut to store. He is working extremely hard in cutting the wood. Here we have visual image (hard work, very cold).

And milk comes frozen home in pail

Even the milk becomes frozen from the very cold weather. The image here is visual.

When blood is nipped and ways be foul

The blood in the veins of the people is also becomes frozen and all the roads are very dirty. The image is feeling because you feel it in your skin and visual image (dirty roads).

Then nightly sings the staring owl

Every night the owl is singing it is song "Tu-with_tu-who". The image is hearing.

"Tu-with.tu-who"

This is the song that the owl is singing every night. It is a scary sound and not nice. Here we have hearing image.

A merry note

He found the song is very happy. There is an irony (figure of speech) in this line because the sound of the owl is very ugly and scary but he found it happy because it is the only sound he could hear at night in the winter. The image is hearing.

While greasy Joan doth keel the pot

In the time that dirty Joan is keeling the pot, this is a pleasant image for John who is preparing the warm food in a cold winter. In other hand, Joan looks dirty because cleaning clothes is a very hard work in winter. We have here visual image

اليوم انا بينكم عضوة
    وغداً انا للذكرى
    فتذكرونى ولا تنسونى

تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2009
    الدولة
    Algeria...my love
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Spring

The poet (Shakespeare) is describing the beginning of the spring and he is talking about all that the spring has entered.

The meaning of the word:

Daisies: kind of flower has a yellow and white color.

Pied: to make it

Violet: name of flower.

Lady –smocks: name of flower.

Cuckoo: name of small bird.

Hue: color.

Meadow: fields.

Delight: happiness – good mood.

Paint: to color.

Mocks: to make fun of something.

Thus: like this.

Shepherd: person how is keeping the sheep.

Merry: happy.

Larks: another kind of bird.

Plowmen's: farmer who is farming.

Maiden: unmarried women.

Bleach: to clean something to make it white.

Unpleasing: unhappy.

Paraphrasing + Imagery:

When daisies pied and violet blue,

And lady-smocks all silver white

And cuckoo-buds of yellow hue

He started by describing the beautiful different kinds of flowers like the daisies, lady-smocks, violet, silver-white, and cuckoo-buds and how every flower is turning to it is beautiful color. Here we have a visual image.

Do paint the meadows with delight,

The different beautiful flowers with their different beautiful colors are painting the fields with happiness and joy. The image is a visual image.

The cuckoo then. On every tree,

The cuckoo which is a kind of birds is sitting on the tree in the fields. Here we have a visual image.

Mocks married men: for thus sings he.

"cuckoo!

Cuckoo, cuckoo!" O word of fear,

The cuckoo is having fun of the married men so he makes his song" Cuckoo! Cuckoo, Cuckoo!" which is a word of fear for the married men. The image is hearing image.

Unpleasing to a married ear!

This sound is un delightful to the married men to hear. The image is hearing image

اليوم انا بينكم عضوة
    وغداً انا للذكرى
    فتذكرونى ولا تنسونى

تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2009
    الدولة
    Algeria...my love
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

The Pasture
    Summary

:

The speaker says he is setting out on an ordinary farm chore to clean
    the pasture spring of leaves, and perhaps wait for the water to clear. He says
    he won't be long, and invites the listener to come. The second stanza presents
    a similar invitation, this time to fetch a new-born calf

اليوم انا بينكم عضوة
    وغداً انا للذكرى
    فتذكرونى ولا تنسونى

انجليزي جديد الصورة الرمزية بنت آل براهيم
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2009
    الدولة
    ؛؛ In My Special WoOorld ؛؛
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

يآآآآآآآآآآآحبي لك ماقصرتي ؛؛
    الله يوفقك دنيآآ وآآخره ؛؛؛
    الله يسهل امووورك

وه بس مررررآآ شكرآآآآآ .......

انجليزي جديد الصورة الرمزية بنت آل براهيم
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2009
    الدولة
    ؛؛ In My Special WoOorld ؛؛
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

هآآآيو ؛؛؛

ياحلوين تكفون ساعدوني مافيه احد يقدر يعطيني شرح القصائد الباقيه

ياحبيلكم والله تعبت وانا ادورها وما لقيتها * _ *

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2011
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

جزاك الله خيــــــــر
    مرت السنين ومازال الأعضاء والزوار يستفيدون من الموضوع جعله الله في موازين حسناتكم

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Dec 2011
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

مشاركة: Can you help me

المواضيع المتشابهه

1. a Japanese TEST can you solve it ? I bet you
    بواسطة Try To Reach في المنتدى English Club
    مشاركات: 10
    آخر مشاركة: 07-08-2008, 12:10 AM
  2. Can't you see? Don't you care