المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Pride and Prejudice i need your help

السلام عليكم ورحمه الله وبركاته

hi every one .. i sow your great effort in here

am looking for your help so0o0o0o0o0o badly

بالعربي
    انا عندي بحث يعد تقريبا بحث تخرج

مطلوب مني اعمل بحث مثل بحوث الماستر ،، وقررت اعمله عن Pride and Prejudice بما انها وحده من اهم الاعمال في الادب الانجليزي

لكني ماعرف عن ايش بالضبط في النوفل اعمل بحثي ... ؟؟؟

مثلا الدكتوره قالت لنا في فلم مثل slumdog milliner نتكلم عن الـhomeless children

what are the main ideas in the novel that i can talk about and i can fond other source that talk about the same point as in the novel

please guide me ...i have to decide tomorrow
    الله يجزااااكم خير فرجوا لي ولكم مني خالص الدعاء

Awaiting
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    الدولة
    ••••••••••
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

رد: Pride and Prejudice i need your help

Hey there :)

Well , you can talk about the marriage at that time and how the girls meet the guys in the parties.

You can discuss the topic of the law at that time , the women isnt as important as men and that female cant inherit money or lands.

Also you can discuss the qualities of a perfect man at that time .

Good luck ^.^

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Dec 2009
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

thnx so much
    i thought about marriage ,,, but do u think that i can fond 10 books talk about the same topic ??

Awaiting
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    الدولة
    ••••••••••
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

My advice is Google it

I mean write in google : Theme of marriage in Pride & Prej...
    Okay?
    Then open number of sites and copy the theme of marriage and love.

Read what you gathered and make them one strong essay.

And write the sources if that important

قصدي ابحثي عن ثيمات الزواج في الرواية من اكثر من موقع
    بعدها اقرأيها وضبطيها وادمجيها سوا تطلع لك مقال وشرح وبحث من كذا صفحه :)

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Dec 2009
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

معليش بتعبك

البحث تقريبا ١٠ صفحات ولازم يكون عندي مراجع اكثر من ١٠ كتب .. السؤال هو ايش بيكون التوبيك حقي .؟ و تتوقعين القى ١٠ كتب تتكلم عن الزواج في هذاك الوقت؟

الله يسعدك يارب

Awaiting
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    الدولة
    ••••••••••
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

راح تلقين و نص :)

تفضلي:::

Pride And Prejudice - Marriage
    http://www.echeat.com/essay.php?t=25382

Theme Of Marriage In Pride & Prejudice

In fact, Pride and Prejudice was originally entitled First Impressions. However, the novel is not only about first impressions. Although we can find the first impressions about the characters through the first few chapters, this book shows us the effects of those impressions on the individual characters--prejudices of the characters. The story almost evenly describes the defects of Fitzwilliam Darcy who show "pride" at the beginning of the novel; he speaks carelessly and insultingly to Elizabeth Bennet, and George Wickham who deceives others on purpose and conceals his truthless character. Elizabeth misunderstood both of them at first because of her prejudice.

At first I have assumed that the title of this novel alludes clearly to Darcy's "pride" and Elizabeth's "prejudice." I also thought that the novel tells how Darcy and Elizabath overcome their pride and prejudice. However, I realize that this over simplifies the author's purpose. We can certainly see that Elizabeth has "pride" as much as Darcy has. She is proud of her intelligence, comprehension and independence. Actually, Darcy's pride disappears quite a bit early in this novel. By chapter 6, he is starting to change his attitudes towards her. He is humbling himself to be close to her. This shows

Darcy's change: "But no sooner had he made it to clear to himself and his friends that she had hardly a good feature in her face, than he began to find it was rendered uncommonly

intelligent by the beautiful expression of her dark eye" (16 page) "He began to wish to know more of her, and as a step towards conversing with her himself, attended to her conversation with others." From this point, Darcy's prejudice against Elizabeth begins to fade while her prejudice towards him still remains because he refused to dance with her at the ball. Her prejudice spreads throughout the book, and that prejudice is an outcome of her wounded pride.

Women and Marriage

Austen is critical of the gender injustices present in 19th century English society. The novel demonstrates how money such as Charlotte need to marry men they are not in love with simply in order to gain financial security. The entailment of the Longbourn estate is an extreme hardship on the Bennet family, and is quite obviously unjust. The entailment of Mr. Bennet's estate leaves his daughters in a poor financial situation which both requires them to marry and makes it more difficult to marry well. Clearly, Austen believes that woman are at least as intelligent and capable as men, and considers their inferior status in society to be unjust. She herself went against convention by remaining single and earning a living through her novels. In her personal letters Austen advises friends only to marry for love. Through the plot of the novel it is clear that Austen wants to show how Elizabeth is able to be happy by refusing to marry for financial purposes and only marrying a man whom she truly loves and esteems.
    Marriage and relationships in "Pride and Prejudice"
    مقالات متعددة
    http://www.helium.com/knowledge/1422...-and-prejudice

The Theme Of Marriage In Pride And Prejudice

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife." The second half of this opening sentence of the novel reveals that the "universal truth" is nothing more than a social truth. When claiming that a single man "must be in want of a wife", Jane Austen reveals that the reverse in also true; a single woman is in, perhaps desperate, want of a husband.

In nineteenth century Britain, what people did and their behaviour was very much governed by the social class they were born into. Class distinction in Jane Austen's time was in fact very rigid. The land-owning aristocracy belonged to the highest rank of the social ladder. The class immediately below them was the gentry who had inherited their fortunes, usually in the form of land. Though the gentry may have been associated with the aristocracy, they were definitely inferior.

Young women of Austen's time had limited socially prescribed options open to them regarding their future. The importance of marriage for a young woman and her family in the nineteenth century may be difficult for modern readers to understand. Although the daughters of the middle and upper class could be sent to school, their education consisted more of becoming accomplished. Society could not conceive of a woman entering a profession such as medicine or law and therefore did not offer her a chance to do so. Because of the extremely limited options a woman had in order to earn a living, marriage was essential for financial and social well-being. Therefore, if a woman remained unmarried for the rest of her life, she would remain dependent on her relatives, living with or receiving a small income from her father, brothers or any other relative that could afford to support her.

The central theme of the novel concerns itself with marriage.

Awaiting
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    الدولة
    ••••••••••
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

The Complicated Web of Marriages in Pride and Prejudice
    http://www.brighthub.com/education/h...les/57838.aspx

On the outside , Austen's novels and Pride and Prejudice are considered to be the epitome of romanticism. Look again, and you see that within this contains a very in depth analysis of the role that these marriages play in society.

Going to the Chapel...gonna get married.

Back in Austen's era for women marriage was not just an option it was a necessity. Women did not have any power if they were not married, and they could not inherit land. Thus, the Bennett family who only had women were at the mercy of whomever would marry off their daughters. Because they were viewed as a transferrable commodity many things had to come in place for a woman to be married- looks, talent, abilities, money and social status.

Elizabeth herself criticizes this very limited way of thinking early on in the book when she is with Darcy. Thus, we see that marriage being the only way out of a situation causes several contracts and witty observations on marriage.

Marriage as an Escape Clause

For Charlotte, even though she does not love passionately, she cannot see any other way to get out of the state in which she is in presently. As she herself puts it : "I'm twenty - seven years old, I've no money and no prospects. I'm already a burden to my parents and I'm frightened. So don't you dare judge me Lizzie. Don't you dare! "

Charlotte is able to escape the worst and most unimaginable status - a lonely spinster- and places all her hope in a loveless marriage. Although it lacks romantic glimmerings, it is perhaps one of the healthiest marriages in the novel. When Elizabeth visits them in the estate, she sees how truly happy Charlotte has become. Although her cousin remains a blithering fool, Charlotte is the type of woman who can be submissive and content in that role.

Marriages Saves Reputations

When Lydia runs off, blindly in love and risking not only her reputation but her family's, Wickham is bribed so he will marry Lydia. Essentially if you analyze this more careful it paints a brutal picture. The Bennett's main concern is not Lydia's happiness, nor their own for that matter, but a way to save their reputation. This is even more severely reprimanded as the spinster role and this is the Fallen Woman. Not only is her tarnished image contagious and poisonous but it would severely harm the other Bennetts as well. When they marry all is wiped under the carpet and little is thought of how Wickham goes essentially unpunished for his wrongdoing and is even rewarded for it.

Arranged Marriages

Some thoughts are given about arranged marriages which are only determined by social status and which then can greatly determine the fate of their lives. Catherine de Bourgh is an oppressive figure who will stop at nothing but to marry off her daughter with Darcy. Because she has wealth and social status she is not demeaned and criticized like Mrs. Bennett. Although they seemingly want their daughters to be married Catherine uses deceit and manipulation to achieve her means. Little is known of her daughter in the novel. She is almost nonexistent, and we do not even know if she has any interest in Darcy. She is symbolic of women, and their role in marriage. They have little power in the situation and must be at the mercy of their parents and potential suitor....even when she has accumulated wealth to protect her.

Marriages overcoming obstacles

Darcy and Elizabeth are at the centre of the issues of marriage in the novel. It is only when they overcome their obstacles are they able to see things in a clearer way. Elizabeth must come to accept who he is and he must accept her " limitations"

"Miss Elizabeth. I have struggled in vain and I can bear it no longer. These past months have been a torment. I came to Rosings with the single object of seeing you... I had to see you. I have fought against my better judgment, my family's expectations, the inferiority of your birth by rank and circumstance. All these things I am willing to put aside and ask you to end my agony. "

Marriage and Courtship

A final word on marriage comes through the way courtship has a key role in obtaining marriage. This is exemplified in Jane Bennett. Most of the misunderstandings between the couple occur from her repressed and " shy " feelings which are an overt criticism of the repressed sexuality and ambigous nature women had to exude at the time.

All in all, Austen gives a strong message of women and their lack of power as well as keen observations on the role of marriage as a reflection of the sociological implications of the society they lived in.

Awaiting
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    الدولة
    ••••••••••
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

The Complicated Web of Marriages in Pride and Prejudice
    http://www.brighthub.com/education/h...les/57838.aspx

On the outside , Austen's novels and Pride and Prejudice are considered to be the epitome of romanticism. Look again, and you see that within this contains a very in depth analysis of the role that these marriages play in society.

Going to the Chapel...gonna get married.

Back in Austen's era for women marriage was not just an option it was a necessity. Women did not have any power if they were not married, and they could not inherit land. Thus, the Bennett family who only had women were at the mercy of whomever would marry off their daughters. Because they were viewed as a transferrable commodity many things had to come in place for a woman to be married- looks, talent, abilities, money and social status.

Elizabeth herself criticizes this very limited way of thinking early on in the book when she is with Darcy. Thus, we see that marriage being the only way out of a situation causes several contracts and witty observations on marriage.

Marriage as an Escape Clause

For Charlotte, even though she does not love passionately, she cannot see any other way to get out of the state in which she is in presently. As she herself puts it : "I'm twenty - seven years old, I've no money and no prospects. I'm already a burden to my parents and I'm frightened. So don't you dare judge me Lizzie. Don't you dare! "

Charlotte is able to escape the worst and most unimaginable status - a lonely spinster- and places all her hope in a loveless marriage. Although it lacks romantic glimmerings, it is perhaps one of the healthiest marriages in the novel. When Elizabeth visits them in the estate, she sees how truly happy Charlotte has become. Although her cousin remains a blithering fool, Charlotte is the type of woman who can be submissive and content in that role.

Marriages Saves Reputations

When Lydia runs off, blindly in love and risking not only her reputation but her family's, Wickham is bribed so he will marry Lydia. Essentially if you analyze this more careful it paints a brutal picture. The Bennett's main concern is not Lydia's happiness, nor their own for that matter, but a way to save their reputation. This is even more severely reprimanded as the spinster role and this is the Fallen Woman. Not only is her tarnished image contagious and poisonous but it would severely harm the other Bennetts as well. When they marry all is wiped under the carpet and little is thought of how Wickham goes essentially unpunished for his wrongdoing and is even rewarded for it.

Arranged Marriages

Some thoughts are given about arranged marriages which are only determined by social status and which then can greatly determine the fate of their lives. Catherine de Bourgh is an oppressive figure who will stop at nothing but to marry off her daughter with Darcy. Because she has wealth and social status she is not demeaned and criticized like Mrs. Bennett. Although they seemingly want their daughters to be married Catherine uses deceit and manipulation to achieve her means. Little is known of her daughter in the novel. She is almost nonexistent, and we do not even know if she has any interest in Darcy. She is symbolic of women, and their role in marriage. They have little power in the situation and must be at the mercy of their parents and potential suitor....even when she has accumulated wealth to protect her.

Marriages overcoming obstacles

Darcy and Elizabeth are at the centre of the issues of marriage in the novel. It is only when they overcome their obstacles are they able to see things in a clearer way. Elizabeth must come to accept who he is and he must accept her " limitations"

"Miss Elizabeth. I have struggled in vain and I can bear it no longer. These past months have been a torment. I came to Rosings with the single object of seeing you... I had to see you. I have fought against my better judgment, my family's expectations, the inferiority of your birth by rank and circumstance. All these things I am willing to put aside and ask you to end my agony. "

Marriage and Courtship

A final word on marriage comes through the way courtship has a key role in obtaining marriage. This is exemplified in Jane Bennett. Most of the misunderstandings between the couple occur from her repressed and " shy " feelings which are an overt criticism of the repressed sexuality and ambigous nature women had to exude at the time.

All in all, Austen gives a strong message of women and their lack of power as well as keen observations on the role of marriage as a reflection of the sociological implications of the society they lived in.

Awaiting
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    الدولة
    ••••••••••
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

How does Jane Austen present the themes of love and marriage in "Pride and Prejudice?"

For Jane Austen love was absolutely necessary for a good marriage. However, in English society at the time, which is depicted in the novel, love is not the greatest consideration for marriage. The ideal goal for marriage is to marry someone financially capable of supporting you. Love is secondary. Austen mocks this practice in the book.

For example, Mrs. Bennett is constantly reminding her daughters about the rule that since there is no male heir among her children, that their home will pass out of their family to the next male in the family, Mr. Collins. The Bennetts will be homeless when Mr. Bennett dies. So it is imperative that the girls, especially Jane and Lizzy, find husbands who can provide them with a home and possibly their mother and sisters as well.

Marriage is considered an arrangement between parties who occupy the same social level. Love is certainly a necessary consideration, but not required for a good match. For example, Darcy has been promised to Lady Catherine Debourgh's daughter since birth.

Even though he does not love her, he is supposed to marry her. Darcy is an exception, since he does fall in love with Lizzy, but is reluctant, at first to court her because he believes that her family is socially inferior. Darcy and Lizzy's marriage is an example of both love and financial security coming together. She and Jane both marry men who not only love them but can support them well.

Awaiting
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    الدولة
    ••••••••••
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Marriage in Pride and Prejudice; Explaining Mrs Bennet’s Obsession

http://www.myprideandprejudice.com/2...ce-mrs-bennet/

Conventions of Marriage in Pride and Prejudice

The main subject of Pride and Prejudice is marriage in an acquisitive society. The plot of the novel is driven by its examination and satire of the difficulties to be faced by any eligible female in pursuit of a husband. Austen mainly concentrates on the relationship of Elizabeth and Darcy, keeping the relationships of Jane and Bingley, Charlotte and Collins, and Wickham and Lydia in the background.
    البقية ::
    http://www.bookrags.com/essay-2005/3/6/142519/4743

و بالتوفيق :)

انجليزي مشارك
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2007
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

مرحبا عزيزتي
    حبيت اقولك الرواية لها ترجمة بالعربي يمكن تفيدك

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Dec 2009
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

الله يسعدك ويوفقك
    احرجتيني بلطفك

الله يرضا عليك مشكووووووووره ياعمري

انجليزي مشارك
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

اول ماشفت اسم الروايه تذكرت Jane`s spiritual journey .. and some topics related to that

رينوا .. الله يجزاك ..خير
    تفاعلك يجنن
    التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة !! Jaiz ; 30-12-2009 الساعة 01:44 PM سبب آخر: هههه جين ..في Jane Eyre هههه ظربت فيوزي
    سبحان الله وبحمده سبحان الله العظيم

دعواتكم بتساهيل الأمور

Awaiting
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    الدولة
    ••••••••••
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

الله يعافيكم يابنات ‏‏^_‏‏^‏

موفقات