النتائج 1 إلى 7 من 7

الموضوع: بنـــات ,, مرره مهـم بخصوص روايـه ( Pride and Prejudice)

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2009
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Yikes3 بنـــات ,, مرره مهـم بخصوص روايـه ( Pride and Prejudice)

السسـلام عليكم

دكتوره الـprose عطتنـا certain quotations من روايه Pride and Prejudice
    و قالت انو لازم نحط comments ع هالـ quotations

ياليـــت تساعدوني شوي خآصه انو الـ quotations مو كثيـر لان بها الامتحان ما راح يدخل معنا إلا اول 9 chapters,,

Chapters 1

The first quotation

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.

The second quotation

``I see no occasion for that. You and the girls may go, or you may send them by themselves, which perhaps will be still better; for, as you are as handsome as any of them, Mr. Bingley might like you the best of the party.''

The third quotation

Mr. Bennet was so odd a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice, that the experience of three and twenty years had been insufficient to make his wife understand his character. Her mind was less difficult to develope. She was a woman of mean understanding, little information, and uncertain temper. When she was discontented, she fancied herself nervous. The business of her life was to get her daughters married; its solace was visiting and news.

Chapters 2

The astonishment of the ladies was just what he wished; that of Mrs. Bennet perhaps surpassing the rest; though when the first tumult of joy was over, she began to declare that it was what she had expected all the while.

Chapters 3

The first quotation

NOT all that Mrs. Bennet, however, with the assistance of her five daughters, could ask on the subject was sufficient to draw from her husband any satisfactory description of Mr. Bingley. They attacked him in various ways; with barefaced questions, ingenious suppositions, and distant surmises; but he eluded the skill of them all; and they were at last obliged to accept the second-hand intelligence of their neighbour Lady Lucas. Her report was highly favourable. Sir William had been delighted with him. He was quite young, wonderfully handsome, extremely agreeable, and, to crown the whole, he meant to be at the next assembly with a large party. Nothing could be more delightful! To be fond of dancing was a certain step towards falling in love; and very lively hopes of Mr. Bingley's heart were entertained.
    The second quotation

Mr. Bingley was good looking and gentlemanlike; he had a pleasant countenance, and easy, unaffected manners. His brother-in-law, Mr. Hurst, merely looked the gentleman; but his friend Mr. Darcy soon drew the attention of the room by his fine, tall person, handsome features, noble mien; and the report which was in general circulation within five minutes after his entrance, of his having ten thousand a year. The gentlemen pronounced him to be a fine figure of a man, the ladies declared he was much handsomer than Mr. Bingley, and he was looked at with great admiration for about half the evening, till his manners gave a disgust which turned the tide of his popularity; for he was discovered to be proud, to be above his company, and above being pleased; and not all his large estate in Derbyshire could then save him from having a most forbidding, disagreeable countenance, and being unworthy to be compared with his friend.

Chapters 4

Between him and Darcy there was a very steady friendship, in spite of a great opposition of character. -- Bingley was endeared to Darcy by the easiness, openness, ductility of his temper, though no disposition could offer a greater contrast to his own, and though with his own he never appeared dissatisfied. On the strength of Darcy's regard Bingley had the firmest reliance, and of his judgment the highest opinion. In understanding, Darcy was the superior. Bingley was by no means deficient, but Darcy was clever. He was at the same time haughty, reserved, and fastidious, and his manners, though well bred, were not inviting. In that respect his friend had greatly the advantage. Bingley was sure of being liked wherever he appeared; Darcy was continually giving offence.

Chapters 5

The first quotation

WITHIN a short walk of Longbourn lived a family with whom the Bennets were particularly intimate. Sir William Lucas had been formerly in trade in Meryton, where he had made a tolerable fortune and risen to the honour of knighthood by an address to the King during his mayoralty. The distinction had perhaps been felt too strongly. It had given him a disgust to his business and to his residence in a small market town; and quitting them both, he had removed with his family to a house about a mile from Meryton, denominated from that period Lucas Lodge, where he could think with pleasure of his own importance, and, unshackled by business, occupy himself solely in being civil to all the world. For though elated by his rank, it did not render him supercilious; on the contrary, he was all attention to every body. By nature inoffensive, friendly and obliging, his presentation at St. James's had made him courteous.

The second quotation

``I do not believe a word of it, my dear. If he had been so very agreeable, he would have talked to Mrs. Long. But I can guess how it was; every body says that he is ate up with pride, and I dare say he had heard somehow that Mrs. Long does not keep a carriage, and had come to the ball in a hack chaise.''

Chapters 6
    The first quotation

THE ladies of Longbourn soon waited on those of Netherfield. The visit was returned in due form. Miss Bennet's pleasing manners grew on the good will of Mrs. Hurst and Miss Bingley; and though the mother was found to be intolerable and the younger sisters not worth speaking to, a wish of being better acquainted with them was expressed towards the two eldest. By Jane this attention was received with the greatest pleasure; but Elizabeth still saw superciliousness in their treatment of every body, hardly excepting even her sister, and could not like them; though their kindness to Jane, such as it was, had a value, as arising in all probability from the influence of their brother's admiration. It was generally evident whenever they met, that he did admire her; and to her it was equally evident that Jane was yielding to the preference which she had begun to entertain for him from the first, and was in a way to be very much in love; but she considered with pleasure that it was not likely to be discovered by the world in general, since Jane united with great strength of feeling a composure of temper and a uniform cheerfulness of manner, which would guard her from the suspicions of the impertinent. She mentioned this to her friend Miss Lucas.
    The second quotation

Occupied in observing Mr. Bingley's attentions to her sister, Elizabeth was far from suspecting that she was herself becoming an object of some interest in the eyes of his friend. Mr. Darcy had at first scarcely allowed her to be pretty; he had looked at her without admiration at the ball; and when they next met, he looked at her only to criticise. But no sooner had he made it clear to himself and his friends that she had hardly a good feature in her face, than he began to find it was rendered uncommonly intelligent by the beautiful expression of her dark eyes.

The third quotation

``That is exactly the question which I expected you to ask. A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony, in a moment. I knew you would be wishing me joy.

Chapters 7

The first quotation

The village of Longbourn was only one mile from Meryton; a most convenient distance for the young ladies, who were usually tempted thither three or four times a week, to pay their duty to their aunt, and to a milliner's shop just over the way.

The second quotation

``From all that I can collect by your manner of talking, you must be two of the silliest girls in the country. I have suspected it some time, but I am now convinced.''

Chapters 8

The first quotation

``To walk three miles, or four miles, or five miles, or whatever it is, above her ancles in dirt, and alone, quite alone! what could she mean by it? It seems to me to shew an abominable sort of conceited independence, a most country town indifference to decorum.''

``It shews an affection for her sister that is very pleasing,'' said Bingley.

``I am afraid, Mr. Darcy,'' observed Miss Bingley in a half whisper, ``that this adventure has rather affected your admiration of her fine eyes.''

``Not at all,'' he replied; ``they were brightened by the exercise.''

The second quotation

``It is amazing to me,'' said Bingley, ``how young ladies can have patience to be so very accomplished as they all are.''

``All young ladies accomplished! My dear Charles, what do you mean?''

``Yes all of them, I think. They all paint tables, cover skreens, and net purses. I scarcely know any one who cannot do all this, and I am sure I never heard a young lady spoken of for the first time, without being informed that she was very accomplished.''

The third quotation

``Oh! certainly,'' cried his faithful assistant, ``no one can be really esteemed accomplished, who does not greatly surpass what is usually met with. A woman must have a thorough knowledge of music, singing, drawing, dancing, and the modern languages, to deserve the word; and besides all this, she must possess a certain something in her air and manner of walking, the tone of her voice, her address and expressions, or the word will be but half deserved.''

``All this she must possess,'' added Darcy, ``and to all this she must yet add something more substantial, in the improvement of her mind by extensive reading.''

``I am no longer surprised at your knowing only six accomplished women. I rather wonder now at your knowing any.''

``Are you so severe upon your own sex, as to doubt the possibility of all this?''

``I never saw such a woman, I never saw such capacity, and taste, and application, and elegance, as you describe, united.

Chapters 9

The first quotation

Had she found Jane in any apparent danger, Mrs. Bennet would have been very miserable; but being satisfied on seeing her, that her illness was not alarming, she had no wish of her recovering immediately, as her restoration to health would probably remove her from Netherfield.

The second quotation

``The country,'' said Darcy, ``can in general supply but few subjects for such a study. In a country neighbourhood you move in a very confined and unvarying society.''

``But people themselves alter so much, that there is something new to be observed in them for ever.''

``Yes, indeed,'' cried Mrs. Bennet, offended by his manner of mentioning a country neighbourhood. ``I assure you there is quite as much of that going on in the country as in town.''

Every body was surprised; and Darcy, after looking at her for a moment, turned silently away. Mrs. Bennet, who fancied she had gained a complete victory over him, continued her triumph.

``I cannot see that London has any great advantage over the country for my part, except the shops and public places. The country is a vast deal pleasanter, is not it, Mr. Bingley?''

``When I am in the country,'' he replied, ``I never wish to leave it; and when I am in town it is pretty much the same. They have each their advantages, and I can be equally happy in either.''

``Aye -- that is because you have the right disposition. But that gentleman,'' looking at Darcy, ``seemed to think the country was nothing at all.''

``Indeed, Mama, you are mistaken,'' said Elizabeth, blushing for her mother. ``You quite mistook Mr. Darcy. He only meant that there were not such a variety of people to be met with in the country as in town, which you must acknowledge to be true.''

و بكذأ يكونون تقريبـآ 19 quotations

> و بعد قالت الدكتوره انو اهم شي نذكر الـ characters who are speaking & their situation
    و الـ themes
    و الـ our point of view

I really need ur help

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2009
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

رد: بنـــات ,, مرره مهـم بخصوص روايـه ( Pride and Prejudice)

> ياليت آللي ما تعرف شي عن هالروايه ,, اقل حاجه ترفع الموضوع

./ لان امتحاني السبت و مرره متأزمه

استغفر الله ~

شخصية بارزة الصورة الرمزية The Soul Of hope
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Dec 2007
    الدولة
    أينمآ تكون أمــي ..!!
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

http://www.shmoop.com/pride-and-prejudice/quotes.html

عزيزتي ستجدين بعض quotations مرتبه على حسب الثيمز

لعلك تجدين مرادكـ

أسأل الله لكـ التوفيق والسداد
    أمنياتي |
    مُعلقة ب سلسلة من السماء . . س تتحققْ ذاتَ يوم !

شخصية بارزة الصورة الرمزية فـيصـل
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Nov 2008
    الدولة
    my mother's heart
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

هلا والله
    وحياك الله

وان شاء الله تأخذين الدرجه الكامله

طيب شوفي يا اختي
    هذا الموقع مررره
    مفيد
    يعطيك كل شيء عن الروايه
    شرح/للثيم/الشخصياات/االاحداث

كل شيء عن الروايه

http://www.bookrags.com/notes/pap/

وبالتوفيق

من وجد الله فماذا فقد , ومن فقد الله فماذا وجد

انجليزي فعال
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

up for you
    يمنع وضع اكثر من صورة او صور نسائية او صور ذات حجم كبير
    يمنع وضع روابط لمواقع ومنتديات أخرى
    يمنع وضع روابط الاغاني
    يمنع وضع البريد الالكتروني

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Apr 2009
    الدولة
    saudi
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

الله يسهلك الخير اختى ..................... دعواتك لي باخذ شهادة الماجستير وتتسهل رسالتي وللوالد بالشفاء العاجل

انجليزي جديد
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Oct 2009
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

يآ هــلآآآ بنآت

../ ربي يسسعدكم ع هالمرور

أسأل الله لكـ التوفيق والسداد
    يا حبيبتي و الله
    و لك بالمثل قلبوـــــــــــوو

وان شاء الله تأخذين الدرجه الكامله
    آن شاء الله
    اصلا الروايه خربوطيه بس خايفه من الدكتوره مره

التوفيق يا رب ~

up for you
    ثانكس يا سووكـره

الله يسهلك الخير اختى