تاريخ التسجيل
    Dec 2008
    الدولة
    jeddah
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Sm121 قصيدة prufrock

صباحكم / مساكم نور
    يا حلويين اللي اخذوا هذي القصيدة هم بس اللي يقدروا يجاوبوا على اسئلتي،، انا حاولت اجاوب بس ما عرفت لانها كانت self-study،، القصيده هي:
    The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock
    By T.S. Eliot

الاسئله هي:
    who is prufock ? give a character study.
    is prufrock represent the modern man? how.
    A million words would not bring u back I know coz I've tried -
    But neither would a million tears...I know coz I've cried

انجليزي مبدع الصورة الرمزية the-majesty
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Jun 2010
    الدولة
    Missing mam :(
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

رد: قصيدة prufrock

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

انا درست القصيدة الترم اللي راح وربي قصيدة ممتعه وشيقة

بشكل خيالي

وان شاء الله اقدر اجاوب على اسئلتك

is prufrock represent the modern man? how
    Prufrock, in this modern world, feels very secluded, isolated, and alienated, not fit for this world at all. He can not adjust himself with the society around. Modern people seem to be pretentious, and their boring, endless arguments on nonsense topics make him more frustrated

وبالنسبة للسؤال الاول

تقدري تكتبي عن شخصيتة عن طريق موقع سبارك نوت حسب رغبتك انتي

وموفقه يارب

مميز
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Dec 2009
    الدولة
    KSA, Arar
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Hi sis t-sun

Hope you will find the desired answer in the following exerpts from some specialized literary websites.. :) And there is still more to be added in case you didn't find it helpful ..but this needs some extra searching and plenty of time ,too

The speaker of this ironic monologue is a modern, urban man who, like many of his kind, feels isolated and incapable of decisive action. Irony is apparent from the title, for this is not a conventional love song. Prufrock would like to speak of love to a woman, but he does not dare.
    The poem opens with a quoted passage from Dante's INFERNO, suggesting that Prufrock is one of the damned and that he speaks only because he is sure no one will listen. Since the reader is overhearing his thoughts, the poem seems at first rather incoherent. But Prufrock repeats certain phrases and returns to certain core ideas as the poem progresses. The "you and I" of the opening line includes the reader, suggesting that only by accompanying Purfrock can one understand his problems.

"The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" contains T.S. Eliot's perception on modern man. The narrator of the poem, J. Alfred Prufrock, represents Eliot's depiction of modern man. Eliot explains his reasons for writing about this topic by saying, "Poetry may help to break up the conventional modes of perception and valuation which are perpetually forming, and make people see the world afresh, or some new part of it. It may make us from time to time a little more aware of the deeper, unnamed feelings which form the substratum of our being, to which we rarely penetrate; for our lives are mostly a constant evasion of ourselves, and an evasion of the visible and sensible world. But to say all this is only to say what you know already, if you have felt poetry and thought about your feelings." Eliot personally feels that modern man has an exiguous view on the quality of life and the truly important entities. His character, J. Alfred Prufrock, represents all aspects of modern man that !

Eliot despises. For example, Prufrock is obsessed with appearance and age and he exhibits deficient communication skills.

PRUFROCK AS MODERN MAN For many readers in the 1920s, Prufrock seemed to epitomize the frustration and impotence of the modern individual. He seemed to represent thwarted desires and modern disillusionment. Such phrases as "I have measured out my life in coffee spoons" (line 51) capture the sense of the unheroic nature of life in the twentieth century. Prufrock's weaknesses could be mocked, but he is a pathetic figure, not grand enough to be tragic.
    [from Kathleen McCoy's and Judith Harlan's ENGLISH LITERATURE FROM 1785 (New York: HarperCollins, 1992: 265-66)]
    If the people be of sound mind, laws are unneccesary.
    If the people be not of sound mind, laws are useless. --Plato

Awaiting
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mar 2008
    الدولة
    ••••••••••
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Thanks alot guys Allah may protect you both

Good luck sis

انجليزي جديد الصورة الرمزية t-sun